More arrests

earwicker

Our Orange "mates" seem to think that everyone slighty Republican is foreign because of course all northern Cafalicks just love the Union! :p

Ironic that they have so little tolerance of foreigners, eh? petunia

SevenStars

Ironic that they have so little tolerance of foreigners, eh? petunia
Why so?

They are Irish and have every right to be in Ireland.

What they dont have a right to do is hold the rest of the nation hostage with a veto imposed by a British gun.

But its true that Ulster Unionism is one of the most parochial and inward looking things on this planet.

earwicker

Why so?

They are Irish
A silly joke on my part to point up the multiple ironies of an Irish political philosophy that sees itself as British and not Irish.

peter123

Why so?

They are Irish and have every right to be in Ireland.

What they dont have a right to do is hold the rest of the nation hostage with a veto imposed by a British gun.

But its true that Ulster Unionism is one of the most parochial and inward looking things on this planet.
Well said.

6C unionism is a mixture of fear and loathing. Nothing else.

SevenStars

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN0kmt_kV5s&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Kleiner Trompeter[/ame]

This is my favourite song to read Cruimh's tolling too...Its got this cute Sunday School feel to it....But its about the 1918-23 German civil war....

Ó Donnchadha

Yanks like him thought there was something romantic and exciting about terrorism until 9/11.
Quite the opposite Mr Brit wannabee. I never found it exciting, but like anyone else took a side. In Boston the sentiments were toward the Irish Republicans, not only because a lot of us came from there, but also there are parallels to our early historical struggle with the Brits.

But most Americans are not under any illusions, we probably have more experience with combat, and the effects of it, then most.

I have both served in the Military, and seen the after effects. I know more than a few who suffered from Post traumatic stress.

Don't you think it is time for Britain to let it go ?

weepee

Its sad to see so many young men getting involved with dissident activity. No doubt they have been fooled into some romantic notion that militancy is the way to defeat British rule in Ireland.
I never found anything romantic after 30+ years of troubles. If history tells us anything, it tells us that talking the British out is more productive that engaging them.

Cael

What I find encouraging is that the nationalist community seem supportive of the arrests. In the bad old days arrests were often followed by protests and street disturbances.
Castle Catholics always supported the enemy forces. Nothing new there.

Good luck to these men, hopefully they will be back with their families before long.

Cael

1) More arrests to highlight that this is part of a series of actions against terrorism on both sides of the border.
If the Brits want to arrest terrorists and mass murderers, all they have to do is arrest each other.

Cael

2) What utter bilge. Shows where your sympathies lie. You think people shouldn't be arrested for crimes committed since the GFA ? You don't want dissidents breaking the law at the moment to be arrested ?
The thing is, its not "the law," but only British Crown occupation law inflicted on the Irish nation.

LeDroit

The thing is, its not "the law," but only British Crown occupation law inflicted on the Irish nation.
Nope. The state's ability to make and enforce law was endorsed by a majority on both sides of the border in the GFA referendums. You lost.

Cael

Its sad to see so many young men getting involved with dissident activity. No doubt they have been fooled into some romantic notion that militancy is the way to defeat British rule in Ireland.
I never found anything romantic after 30+ years of troubles. If history tells us anything, it tells us that talking the British out is more productive that engaging them.
They may not get the Brits out by direct armed action, but they are certainly stopping normalisation and preventing the more stupid type of Taig from joining the enemy forces.

Cael

Nope. The state's ability to make and enforce law was endorsed by a majority on both sides of the border in the GFA referendums. You lost.
I had nothing to do with any fake referenda, so I dont know how I could have lost. Anyway, we saw what referenda mean in this country with the Nice and Lisbon votes - the plebs are only allowed to vote the "right" way. If they dare to vote the "wrong" way, the oligarchy will simply dismiss the result and tell the stupid plebs to try again.

picador

They may not get the Brits out by direct armed action, but they are certainly stopping normalisation and preventing the more stupid type of Taig from joining the enemy forces.
Cael, serious questions

How long should these guys spend in jail to prevent the 'normalisation' that most people desire?

We know you ideally think not a day, but in the real, imperfect world we live in, how long would you realistically be prepared to sacrifice?

willoughby

I had nothing to do with any fake referenda, so I dont know how I could have lost. Anyway, we saw what referenda mean in this country with the Nice and Lisbon votes - the plebs are only allowed to vote the "right" way. If they dare to vote the "wrong" way, the oligarchy will simply dismiss the result and tell the stupid plebs to try again.
LeDroit do you not remember, Cael is a communist, they dont do democracy so he is perfectly entitled to his/ her view that the GFA should'nt stand.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies