More Death Threats to Irish International Soccer Star James McClean. (Second Thread)

Round tower

Northern Ireland 0 - 2 Germany

As expected when NI met the 2 stronger teams in the 020 Euro qualifiers they would find it tougher

death or glory

Unlike the real international team on this island.
Like Eire's a real powerhouse in international football.
The Eire superstar footballers just roll of the tip of your tongue.
Where are youse in your group?

death or glory

First, last time I checked.

Our lad McClean won the game for us again.
Didn't even know youse were playing.
Shows how weak a team you are, if McClean is your star player.

death or glory

Turn on Sky Sports, the real Irish team gets the same level of attention as the occupied six on that channel.

We're considered 'one of the home nations'.
You are not one of the home nations as youse left.
The Eire team does not generate any interest outside of your very small bubble.
I doubt if most of the UK could name any of Eire players.
McClean is only known because of the controversy because of his terrorist supporting views.

Politics matters

McClean is only known because of the controversy because of his terrorist supporting views.
Trust me, we don't want Britains approval.

Why Sky have an interest is probably more to do with the diaspora.

Politics matters

And DOG, I don't consider McClean to be our best player (he is a fan favourite).

Seamus Coleman is arguably one of the best right-backs in the premier league. It's a shame that Everton has been underperforming for the past several years.

death or glory

And DOG, I don't consider McClean to be our best player (he is a fan favourite).

Seamus Coleman is arguably one of the best right-backs in the premier league. It's a shame that Everton has been underperforming for the past several years.
Arguably, for about 5 seconds.

Round tower

Like Eire's a real powerhouse in international football.
The Eire superstar footballers just roll of the tip of your tongue.
Where are youse in your group?
We are still top,

ROI - P5 - GD +4 PTS 11
Denm. - P5 - GD +10 PTS 09
Swotz. P4 - GD +6 PTS 08

NI is now 2nd in their group, level with Ger. and 3 ahead of Neth. with a game more played with a game awaay to Ger. and home and away to Neth.

Round tower

Just show u know **** all about soccer in Eng., Matt Doherty of Wolves was voted by fans last year as the Preemier League Player of the month for Sept. 018

raetsel

The excellent German football website provides a comprehensive list of estimated valuations for every national team, and it's worth a look. Squad valuations are not the only factor of course in judging a team's merits but they are a good guide.

It values the current NI squad at € 45.34 and the Republic's at €86.85. There are I think a few more players listed in the RoI's squad which distorts the picture, but the most significant difference in the respective values is at the top end of the respective lists. The RoI's two most valuable players are Seamus Coleman and Matt Doherty at € 13.5M each, followed by Shane Duffy at €10.5M. Jonny Evans @ €10.8M and Jamal Lewis @ €8.1M have the highest valuations on the NI team, with George Saville third highest at €6.3M.
Neither squad would come close to matching the Republic's depth of talent in the high achieving years between 1988 and 2002.
The one glimmer of hope on the horizon for the Republic is the Under 21 squad, which offers a lot of promise.

Last edited:

Round tower

The excellent German football website provides a comprehensive list of estimated valuations for every national team, and it's worth a look. Squad valuations are not the only factor of course in judging a team's merits but they are a good guide.

It values the current NI squad at € 45.34 and the Republic's at €86.85. There are I think a few more players listed in the RoI's squad which distorts the picture, but the most significant difference in the respective values is at the top end of the respective lists. The RoI's two most valuable players are Seamus Coleman and Matt Doherty at € 13.5M each, followed by Shane Duffy at €10.5M. Jonny Evans @ €10.8M and Jamal Lewis @ €8.1M have the highest valuations on the NI team, with George Saville third highest at €6.3M.
Neither squad would come close to matching the Republic's depth of talent in the high achieving years between 1988 and 2002.
The one glimmer of hope on the horizon for the Republic is the Under 21 squad, which offers a lot of promise.
How do they market value each squad member, i would think the 2 young keepers Kelleher and Travers value is very low, especialy Kelleher N02/3 keeper at Pool his value would be at least a million

New Threads

Most Replies