• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

More Death Threats to Irish International Soccer Star James McClean. (Second Thread)

Round tower

To be absolutely fair about the pub team, unlike England football commentators, they did not say they would win the competition after their first victory in the group stage.😂😂😂
Yes one of the reasons people are against Eng. when it comes to tournements is English press paper and tele. talk them up that just because they are England they do have a chance of winning the tournement.
Also and young English player that shows any piece of talent they are hyped up to being World class, which a lot of them turn out to be just good players

rainmaker

Administrator
Yes one of the reasons people are against Eng. when it comes to tournements is English press paper and tele. talk them up that just because they are England they do have a chance of winning the tournement.
Also and young English player that shows any piece of talent they are hyped up to being World class, which a lot of them turn out to be just good players
I think you'll find most countries media are behind their national teams in tournaments and would like to think theirs have a chance.

Of course if you do not like it, then avoid British media. It really is that simple.

belcoo666

I think you'll find most countries media are behind their national teams in tournaments and would like to think theirs have a chance.

Of course if you do not like it, then avoid British media. It really is that simple.
Not to the same level of delusion . #

Mind you it makes it all the more enjoyable watching you people fail , usually to the Germans
Still i am sure when you get your country back under Borris :D your football team will be world beaters , again

between the bridges

A bit of a false picture, NI 4 wins came from beating the 2 worst teams in the group Belarus and Estonia home and away. Their hardest 4 matches are still to come Germaany and Netherlands home away in the Autumn, we will see wat the group is like next Nov., if they are still top i wil say well done.
no false picture, it's simply how the group stands at this point, but yes we have a huge task against two of the best teams in Europe. We had to win these four games to have any hope, we can and have put in performances against anyone at Windsor and guess who was the last team to beat the hermans home and away...

Politics matters

no false picture, it's simply how the group stands at this point, but yes we have a huge task against two of the best teams in Europe. We had to win these four games to have any hope, we can and have put in performances against anyone at Windsor and guess who was the last team to beat the hermans home and away...
Nothing on John O'Shea's injury-time equaliser, and Shane Long's goal in the Aviva, both goals proved crucial to our qualification to Euro 2016.

Last edited:

rainmaker

Administrator
Not to the same level of delusion . #

Mind you it makes it all the more enjoyable watching you people fail , usually to the Germans
Still i am sure when you get your country back under Borris :D your football team will be world beaters , again
As I said, if you do not like it, then do not watch British television. problem solved.

Politics matters

No, the other poster is correct, the English media have always overhyped their team, far more than others. How is it that people know the year that England won the world cup (1966)? Because the media were obsessed with that year. 'Can we do it again' 'footballs coming home' etc. etc.

To be fair, the cockiness of the English media has lessened in recent years, and interestingly the team has never been better, even with fewer quality players. Consequently, many soccer fans in Ireland were not anti-English during the world cup as they usually are.

Round tower

Yes but it's unusual that u play the easy games on paper first and the 2 harder teams home and away last, i know it's UEFA that does sets the fixtures, don't know do they by computer or not

rainmaker

Administrator
No, the other poster is correct, the English media have always overhyped their team, far more than others.
I have lived in Germany twice for long periods and their media go to town, as do the Spanish.

You only think that because you consume so much British media. That said I can perfectly understand the Irish historically cheering for England to lose.

I don't get the the complaints that litter the Boards and the Journal about English media being to pro England.

Paddyc

No, the other poster is correct, the English media have always overhyped their team, far more than others. How is it that people know the year that England won the world cup (1966)? Because the media were obsessed with that year. 'Can we do it again' 'footballs coming home' etc. etc.

To be fair, the cockiness of the English media has lessened in recent years, and interestingly the team has never been better, even with fewer quality players. Consequently, many soccer fans in Ireland were not anti-English during the world cup as they usually are.
To be fair 'football's coming home' was a reference to the European Championship being played in England and was more of a lament than a triumphalist statement.

Anyone who reads English gutter media deserves all the discomfort that follows.

Politics matters

I have lived in Germany twice for long periods and their media go to town, as do the Spanish.

You only think that because you consume so much British media.
Why do I know about 1966? I am not an England fan.

I know that the last time Ireland qualified for a world cup was 2002, one reason is that it was the first tournament I was old enough to remember, secondly I love the boys in green. I don't know about Korea and Japan because the Irish media shuffle it in my face any chance they get, I know of it because I have an interest in knowing it.

rainmaker

Administrator
Why do I know about 1966? I am not an England fan.

I know that the last time Ireland qualified for a world cup was 2002, one reason is that it was the first tournament I was old enough to remember, secondly I love the boys in green. I don't know about Korea and Japan because the Irish media shuffle it in my face any chance they get, I know of it because I have an interest in knowing it.
I know who won most of the post war world cups as well, but it doesn't mean I have had anything rammed down my throat.

Irish media coverage I am unable to really comment on for obvious reasons.

Round tower

I expect the answer is NI, what year or what tournement

Round tower

You only think that because you consume so much British media. That said I can perfectly understand the Irish historically cheering for England to lose.

I don't get the the complaints that litter the Boards and the Journal about English media being to pro England.
Well that would be natural as they both do very well in the WC and the EC which Eng. has won the WC once in 66

death or glory

And the same for the ROI team.
Youse and RTE make them out to be some sort of great team.

between the bridges

I expect the answer is NI, what year or what tournement
Euro 84 qualifiers

regrets his side failed to qualify for the 1984 finals in France, despite beating West Germany twice.

"It was heartbreaking to beat West Germany home and away and finish on the same points as them and just be pipped by goal difference,"

between the bridges

Well that would be natural as they both do very well in the WC and the EC which Eng. has won the WC once in 66
"You can mark down 25 June 1978 as the day Scottish football conquers the world." Ally MacLeod

Round tower

And the same for the ROI team.
Youse and RTE make them out to be some sort of great team.
I don't know what planet u are on but it's not Earth, never have i said that the ROI is a great team nor have RTE, we are competing against 2 sports which most parents would ban their adult children if they told them they wanted to play soccer rather than GF and hurling.
We are delighted when we qualify for the Euros and the WC and would go into these championships that we can be competitive.

Mickeymac

I don't know what planet u are on but it's not Earth, never have i said that the ROI is a great team nor have RTE, we are competing against 2 sports which most parents would ban their adult children if they told them they wanted to play soccer rather than GF and hurling.
We are delighted when we qualify for the Euros and the WC and would go into these championships that we can be competitive.

Indeed sir and I believe the Irish treat soccer as just another sport to participate in whilst the pub team and England team supporters see it as some sort of “war” where they get to vent their hatred, violence and hooliganism on communities who simply want to watch the games with their families.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies