More disgrace for Drogheda Hospital as homosexual surgeon is struck-off

White Horse

More disgrace for Drogheda Hospital as surgeon struck-off for sexual assault of males

A former consultant surgeon at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda has been struck off the medical register for professional misconduct.
It follows an inquiry into complaints that Dr Michael Shine indecently or sexually assault male patients.
Today President of the High Court Mr Justice Richard Johnson confirmed the decision to erase Dr Shine's name from the medical register.

Mr. Shine has been stuck following numerous allegations that he sexually assaulted adult males and male children.

RTÉ News: Drogheda surgeon struck off after complaints

I had direct experience of Mr. Shine having been a patient of his in the 90's. I attended him with back injury and was surprised at the level of "supervision" by a female nurse. I had attended other male doctors with injuries in more "sensitive" areas and the examinations were never monitored in this way.

(By the way, in my case Mr Shine conducted himself professionally and gave me good medical care.)

This indicated that suspicions existed but the hospital allowed the surgeon to continue to practice.

Is it any wonder that Dr. Neary was able to do what he did.

Last edited by a moderator:

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
I suggest "homosexual" be removed from this title as it is tarring gay people with the same brush as this doctor. If it was a heterosexual interfering with female patients I doubt we would see "heterosexual" in the title. Naturally I condemn this man and agree that the lessons from the Neary case in terms of keeping their house in order have not been learned.

Tiernanator

This person did not seek to get sexual gratification from his fumbling with adults so in my humble opinon WhiteHorse he would be considered to be a child abuser. Homosexuals are adults who find other adults of the same gender sexually attractive and seek sexual union with them. Childabusers are people who use their positions of power to gain sexual gratification from abusing children. You are purposely distorting the facts of this case by the title of your thread but never let a lie get in the way of facts or truth WH. Your bigotry and hatred is unbelievable. Judge not lest ye be judged WH.

mccafferty cat

The title and tone of this thread is offensive.

White Horse

This person did not seek to get sexual gratification from his fumbling with adults so in my humble opinon WhiteHorse he would be considered to be a child abuser. Homosexuals are adults who find other adults of the same gender sexually attractive and seek sexual union with them. Childabusers are people who use their positions of power to gain sexual gratification from abusing children. You are purposely distorting the facts of this case by the title of your thread but never let a lie get in the way of facts or truth WH. Your bigotry and hatred is unbelievable. Judge not lest ye be judged WH.
I am confused by your agressive post. Please point out any factual inaccuracy in my post and I will edit it.

Both adult male and male children reported assult by Mr. Shine.

I am not interested in debating the semantics of what constitutes homosexual assault and child abuse on this thread.

This thread is about the negligence of the hospital authorities in allowing people like Mr. Shine and Mr. Neary to practice.

That is a more important issue that your "gay pride" or whatever it is you feel is offended.

Get over yourself. There are bigger issues out there.

PhoenixIreland

Website
www.huffingtonpost.com
I suggest "homosexual" be removed from this title as it is tarring gay people with the same brush as this doctor. If it was a heterosexual interfering with female patients I doubt we would see "heterosexual" in the title. Naturally I condemn this man and agree that the lessons from the Neary case in terms of keeping their house in order have not been learned.
Exactly.

It's a bit like "NIGERIAN man accused of assault"

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
Future Taoiseach Writes:
I suggest "homosexual" be removed from this title as it is tarring gay people with the same brush as this doctor.
I totally agree. His sexual assaults were against teenage or child patients between 1964 and 1994, so I would call him a paedophile. The relationship between children and adults is not an equal one, given that adults are physically larger and stronger and have power and authority over them. He abused these children because he could, not because of his sexual orientation.

Last edited:

mccafferty cat

I am confused by your agressive post. Please point out any factual inaccuracy in my post and I will edit it
You seem to suggest that Drogheda hospital ought to be embarassed for having a "homosexual" on their payroll, rather than for having a sex-fiend in employment there.

But of course you can see this difference. You're not a total moron, after all

White Horse

You seem to suggest that Drogheda hospital ought to be embarassed for having a "homosexual" on their payroll, rather than for having a sex-fiend in employment there.
There is nothing wrong with employing homosexual heath professionals. I have attended this hospital my entire life and have attended several doctors there who were homosexuals.

I received nothing but excellent care from each of them, as I did from Mr. Shine.

PhoenixIreland

Website
www.huffingtonpost.com
No it isn't. Sexual orientation is a matter of disposition, unlike nationality.
When was the last time you heard "non national" with regard to an American of a Brit or a French guy or their nationalty highlighted in a court case.
The reason you include race, nationality or sexuality or anything else is to play into the predominat steriotype of the group your hitting.

Darkies = dangerious criminals
Gays = sex mad animals who can't control themselves

mccafferty cat

There is nothing wrong with employing homosexual heath professionals. I have attended this hospital my entire life and have attended several doctors there who were homosexuals
Then why the hell do you draw attention to it in your title and opening post?

White Horse

Future Taoiseach Writes:

I totally agree. His sexual assaults were against were teenage or child patients between 1964 and 1994, so I would call him a paedophile.
I personally know two people who were "assaulted" (not proven) by Mr. Neary. One was 17 at the time of the assault, the other was 18.

If I posted a thread saying that a homosexual who had sexual relations with a 17 or 18 year old was a paedophile, I would be attacked by homosexual posters.

You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

adrianmarley

I agree with previous posters. I think the word "homosexual" should be removed from the title of the thread. It is not pertinent to the story and, considering the content of the post, has negative connotations.

White Horse

Then why the hell do you draw attention to it in your title and opening post?
Beacause more people would read the thread.

You Dubs don't give a sh!t about the utter negligence of the health service is my area.

However, you scream horror when the word homosexual is attached to a negative act.

Tiernanator

I am confused by your agressive post. Please point out any factual inaccuracy in my post and I will edit it.

Both adult male and male children reported assult by Mr. Shine.

I am not interested in debating the semantics of what constitutes homosexual assault and child abuse on this thread.

This thread is about the negligence of the hospital authorities in allowing people like Mr. Shine and Mr. Neary to practice.

That is a more important issue that your "gay pride" or whatever it is you feel is offended.

Get over yourself. There are bigger issues out there.
The linked article says nothing about adults WH and yes my gay pride but more so my belief in facts has been offended by your title for the thread. I doubt very much whether either of these two gentlemen would have considered themselves gay men or even homosexual as your medical title calls us. I totally accept that these people should have not been allowed anywhere near children. What they did was criminal and abuse and they should be punished but your title had nothing to do with the issue you say you feel so strongly about instead it was just another chance for you to try to put the boot into gay people.

In my opinion I feel that you are a total and utter bigot using skewed facts to spout your hatred a la Gobbels and the Jews. Who knows perhaps if you and your ilk continue to say it long enough then maybe just maybe they might even bring back the gas chambers, the final solution for us. Wouldn't that be lovely no more nasty queers to upset your ordered view of the world. However unlike other minorities that can be decimated. We are being born every day. In every country, every culture and throughout history. We are not going to disappear. Your nastiness and hatred has a consequence WH. I believe that you are aware of this and I am glad I will not have to answer to God for this level of hatred when I meet my maker.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
When was the last time you heard "non national" with regard to an American of a Brit or a French guy or their nationalty highlighted in a court case.
The reason you include race, nationality or sexuality or anything else is to play into the predominat steriotype of the group your hitting.

Darkies = dangerious criminals
Gays = sex mad animals who can't control themselves
Totally untrue.

The Left are contradicting themselves on this sort of thing. On the one hand they claim FGM is rife in Nigeria, whereas then they claim the nationality of those involved in circumcision is irrelevant. But it was they can claimed the relevance of the country of origin in the first place in the context of the recent debate on the Nigerian woman who claims her daughters would be the victims back home of FGM. In that context, it seems national culture is relevant to the issue I brought up, and not a parallel to the subject matter of the thread. And in no way does it tar all Nigerians with the one brush.

PhoenixIreland

Website
www.huffingtonpost.com
Totally untrue.

The Left are contradicting themselves on this sort of thing. On the one hand they claim FGM is rife in Nigeria, whereas then they claim the nationality of those involved in circumcision is irrelevant. But it was they can claimed the relevance of the country of origin in the first place in the context of the recent debate on the Nigerian woman who claims her daughters would be the victims back home of FGM. In that context, it seems national culture is relevant to the issue I brought up, and not a parallel to the subject matter of the thread. And in no way does it tar all Nigerians with the one brush.
Im not talking about cultural stuff like FGM I'm talking about violent crimes.

When you attach a group to a suspect in a crime it plays into steriotypes about that group.

You'd never hear "white man charged with murder"
"christian man charged with assault"

White Horse

In my opinion I feel that you are a total and utter bigot using skewed facts to spout your hatred a la Gobbels and the Jews. Who knows perhaps if you and your ilk continue to say it long enough then maybe just maybe they might even bring back the gas chambers, the final solution for us. Wouldn't that be lovely no more nasty queers to upset your ordered view of the world. However unlike other minorities that can be decimated. We are being born every day. In every country, every culture and throughout history. We are not going to disappear. Your nastiness and hatred has a consequence WH. I believe that you are aware of this and I am glad I will not have to answer to God for this level of hatred when I meet my maker.
Where do you get this idea that I dislike homosexuals?

Homosexuals have contributed greatly to the world (perhaps even disproportionally so) and it would be a sadder place without them.

I normally like your posts but you have lost the plot on this thread.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies