More Free Housing Entitlement Whingeing

greengoose2

The sad story - "I want my home for me and my children. I have been on the list long enough."

Once again an article on social housing appears in the press. There are many questions that need to be addressed in these issues. The lady in question has spent 12 years on the housing list. She has two children, one 4 years ols and the other 10 nweeks old.

She was 8 years on the list before she had the first child. How did she qualify to get on the list at 18 years of age?
Why was she able to be on the list while renting 5 different lodements?
Does she have a job?

She claims that there should be more transparencyin how houses are allocated. She could provide some transparency as to her own circumstances. Details on whether the father(s) are contributing to the support of their offspring.

It seems that these sob stories sell newspapers. The press are doing the taxpayers (income) a huge disservice.

She is currently renting privately in Rathmullen Park, Drogheda.

Once again an article on social housing appears in the press. There are many questions that need to be addressed in these issues. The lady in question has spent 12 years on the housing list. She has two children, one 4 years old and the other 10 weeks old.

She was 8 years on the list before she had the first child. How did she qualify to get on the list at 18 years of age?
Does she have a job?

She claims that there should be more transparencyin how houses are allocated. She could provide some transparency as to her own circumstances. Details on whether the father(s) are contributing to the support of their offspring.

There was a thread earlier which was zooed. Will this follow suit?

Last edited:

Happycamping

Why did she apply for a house at 18? is there an illness or something we don't know about?

ruserious

If she can afford to rent privately as the article would suggest, then she shouldn't assume to have an entitlement to social housing. She just wants to lighten her burden. As do we all. But that's not an entitlement the Tax payer ought to pay for.

Fr Peter McWhinger

Where are the fathers and families in all this. Why can't the girl's families take her in with her children if she cannot support herself?

Why let a man get you pregnant? ( Because if you do the State will pick up the bill and may provide more then the father can do or is prepared to do)

hammer

Lets not go down this road again.

Just wish the so called journalists made more of an effort.

hollandia

The sad story - "I want my home for me and my children. I have been on the list long enough."

Once again an article on social housing appears in the press. There are many questions that need to be addressed in these issues. The lady in question has spent 12 years on the housing list. She has two children, one 4 years ols and the other 10 nweeks old.

Does she have a job?

It seems that these sob stories sell newspapers. The press are doing the taxpayers (income) a huge disservice.

Once again an article on social housing appears in the press. There are many questions that need to be addressed in these issues. The lady in question has spent 12 years on the housing list. She has two children, one 4 years old and the other 10 weeks old.

Does she have a job?

Copy paste error...

Spanner Island

Appalling 'journalism' by Elaine Keogh.

The only good thing in it is that the CoCo is using CPOs to acquire vacant properties.

Personally I'd charge anyone who owns a vacant property in areas where there are housing shortages 10 times the LPT or more in order to force them to either sell up or rent it out.

razorblade

You get what you can afford in this society if you cant afford something then tough you should do without it dont expect others to pay for what you cant afford yourself the sense of entitlement in this country is absolutely sickening.

greengoose2

Appalling 'journalism' by Elaine Keogh.

The only good thing in it is that the CoCo is using CPOs to acquire vacant properties.

Personally I'd charge anyone who owns a vacant property in areas where there are housing shortages 10 times the LPT or more in order to force them to either sell up or rent it out.
Why should the owner sell up or rent out? He/she paid for the property. The corpo should start building again. It worked exceeding well in the past.

Trainwreck

Why did she apply for a house at 18? is there an illness or something we don't know about?
When we have President telling everyone that housing is "a human right", the soft of head and lazy of nature, will tend to take him at his word and demand "their rights".

Supra

Does she have a job?

Does she have a job?

Is these questions that should be addressed by the lady subject of the article or by the reporter and the paper?

here's a few more questions.

Did the reporter ask any of the above question? If so, where there answers given?
Did the editor feel the article was complete and if so did the editor feel these questions are not relevant to the article or that the intention (whatever that might be) had been achieved?
Was the photo staged to accompany the article or was it taken in the natural state the reporter carried out the interview?
If the photo was staged was there a purpose or a message included in the photo?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies