More Free Housing Entitlement Whingeing

Spanner Island

Why should the owner sell up or rent out? He/she paid for the property. The corpo should start building again. It worked exceeding well in the past.
There are 27 vacant properties in Dublin for every homeless person there.

The various charities trying to get those properties freed up have found that it is the same a'holes whose names keep coming up as the owners...

I'd screw those owners big time...

Ditto for those sitting on lands that have been zoned. Use it or lose it.

There should be no incentive to sitting on property simply watching the value of it go up.

Massive corpo estates built in the 1970s and 1980s did not work well at all and threw many communities into flux for decades due to the inability of those small communities to absorb the scale of them.

That kind of mindless lazy arsed development should not be repeated.

enuffisenuff

forget free houses just give out free birth control

ruserious

Well, one might want it, but an assessment would be made to see if it was needed
We agree there.

Accoridng to the article, she has been renting privately for the last number of years. If that is the case, it is my opinion that she doesn't need assistance.

Fr Peter McWhinger

Why should the owner sell up or rent out? He/she paid for the property. The corpo should start building again. It worked exceeding well in the past.
The Copro need only relax the prohibition on building on land or the prohibition on building to a particular height or density. The Corpo have no business building houses.

The Old Ground Rent Model should be brought back. A builder built a home on a plot owned by the land owner and the landowner charged an annual ground rent. This would considerably reduce the amount that must be borrowed to build a home.

Many young women are breeding to the worst sires our Nation can produce.

The National Stock could be uplifted in the next generation if these young women would be incentivised to breed to men who could and would provide for them.

ShoutingIsLeadership

We agree there.

Accoridng to the article, she has been renting privately for the last number of years. If that is the case, it is my opinion that she doesn't need assistance.

Renting privately can involve having the rent paid by the local authority, I believe

tigerben

At 18 majority of young people leaving school are thinking about travelling , college getting a job. Not putting their names down for a council house as they'd hope they'd have a job that pays well to get on the housing ladder. This girl at 18 put her name down , did she never think that she'd be in a well paid job? Did she every think she might have a joint income with her partner that they could pay a mortgage. As I said on the first thread on this earlier, it's actually sad to see someone so young with no ambitions to move forward in life.

Mushroom

At 18 majority of young people leaving school are thinking about travelling , college getting a job. Not putting their names down for a council house as they'd hope they'd have a job that pays well to get on the housing ladder. This girl at 18 put her name down , did she never think that she'd be in a well paid job? Did she every think she might have a joint income with her partner that they could pay a mortgage. As I said on the first thread on this earlier, it's actually sad to see someone so young with no ambitions to move forward in life.
For many, achieving platinum parasite status is the only badge of honour that they aspire to.

When she gets her 'free' house, this woman will have achieved the equivalent of an Olympic Gold medal at her chosen career.

If we're really lucky then perhaps the future Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Elaine Keogh will scribble off another article to mark her success.

Although maybe Elaine will have become a female presenter on Newstalk - which will definitely keep Club Pussy happy.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies