• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

More good news from the high street - Blockbuster goes into administration...

Spanner Island

According to Sky News Blockbuster in the UK has gone into administration...

Not sure if it'll affect their outlets or similar retailers here but let's face it, it probably will...

That recovery is looking brilliant... innit?

Last edited:

Taxi Driver

Not sure if it'll affect their outlets here but let's face it, it probably will...

Maybe, and this is just a guess on my part, it has something to do with the way consumers are accessing the services that companies such as this provide. This is just a guess though.

zakalwe1

whats blockbuster? kinda like xtravision?

Spanner Island

Maybe, and this is just a guess on my part, it has something to do with the way consumers are accessing the services that companies such as this provide. This is just a guess though.
I think you're probably right...

4,000 jobs in the UK though...

ruserious

I never understood why companies like 4star and Dominos don't just start a DVD delivery along with the food. They would rake it in.

Bill

yes, I thought xtravision had taken over their stores here, they took over the one around my way

B

Boggle

It's more typical of the fact that they charge way too much to rent/buy a movie that you can download for free.

Just because you don't like the competition doesn't mean it doesn't exist and their failure to react is the cause of their demise.

Last edited:

Spanner Island

It is...

They used to have outlets here... not sure if they still do but there was definitely one on Aungier St. if memory serves...

Can't be a good sign for similar retailers...

sport02

Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreakUpdate - Blockbuster UK has appointed administrators with potential 4,190 job losses at 528 stores

meriwether

I can't believe the green shoots of the Irish economy in the last quarter hasn't saved Blockbuster in the UK.

plantfirmly

Not sure if it'll affect their outlets here but let's face it, it probably will...

That has absolutely nothing to do with recovery. The video rental industry is dead in terms of bricks and mortar - everyone knows that. Calling this a sign of trouble is like declaring a crisis after the horse and cart became obsolete.

Clanrickard

Main street. Not high street.

Astral Peaks

So if I have a Blockbuster voucher for one night's rental of any movie, am I entitled to same and are they likely to let me take a DVD to watch and return?

Answers on a postcard to:

I. A. M . Right

IcandowhatIlike Street

Libertarianville.

meriwether

No, its down to the property tax.