More Idiocy in the Courts

galteeman

Spanner Island

Mark Finnegan was convicted in November 2008 of allowing himself be carried in a mechanically propelled vehicle without the consent of the owner.
What does this mean exactly?

I do hate civil service/public sector speak.

Most of it is pure boll*cks.

galteeman

Accidental sock

What does this mean exactly?

I do hate civil service/public sector speak.

Most of it is pure boll*cks.
Tis legal speak.....Road Traffic Act 1961.

He was a passenger in a nicked motor.....innit.

nationalsday

Prisoner 'at large' for almost five years collected social welfare and fathered a child while free - Independent.ie
Judges differ and the costs mount. How is this guy allowed to cost so much money in legal fees?
Next stop the Supreme Court where people dressed up as Dumbledore will have the final say.
He nicked a car - hardly a mass murderer - walked out of an open prison half way into his sentence (that is twelve months taking quarter remission into account) and is living openly and in his own house on the loose for five years. He then challenges the fact of being apprehended after that length of time - and so what?

The useless Gardai didn't bother their holes to try to pick him up albeit he made no attempt to conceal his whereabouts - he probably assumed, rightly, that they couldn't be arsed and he got on with his life.

Why wasn't he entitled to mount a legal challenge to that, and where does it ever say in that article that he was on legal aid?

And why does it bother you so much so that your OP amounts to a potential contempt of court for which you could in fact find yourself chucked in jail i.e. impugning members of the judiciary in a case which is still live?

Now that'd be hilarious!

Last edited:

Niall996

So after a generation of paying taxes since computers became the most normal thing in an office, with billions spent on civil servants and their pensions and perks, no one in the last quarter of a century has managed to link up PPS numbers with criminal records. Right. I see.

johnny365

This along with the Supreme Court blocking the deportation of an Algerian Islamic supremacist today, suggests our courts need a radical change.

Dame_Enda

What exactly is your issue with the courts in this case?
An Islamist terrorist is being allowed roam free in our territory and we are powerless to protect our citizens thanks to the liberal elite on the SC. This man already has convictions not merely in Algeria but also France.

I think the conviction in France - if he is the same person mentioned in a recent RTE or TV3 programme on the terror threat - was for planned attacks not merely in France but planned attacks in Ireland too.

We now have our very own version of the US 9th Circuit and its called the SC.

galteeman

He nicked a car - hardly a mass murderer - walked out of an open prison half way into his sentence (that is twelve months taking quarter remission into account) and is living openly and in his own house on the loose for five years. He then challenges the fact of being apprehended after that length of time - and so what?

The useless Gardai didn't bother their holes to try to pick him up albeit he made no attempt to conceal his whereabouts - he probably assumed, rightly, that they couldn't be arsed and he got on with his life.

Why wasn't he entitled to mount a legal challenge to that, and where does it ever say in that article that he was on legal aid?

And why does it bother you so much so that your OP amounts to a potential contempt of court for which you could in fact find yourself chucked in jail i.e. impugning members of the judiciary in a case which is still live?

Now that'd be hilarious!
looks like it was a clerical error that he wasn't put into the PULSE so local Gardai were unaware.
How on earth can that be valid grounds for him to be allowed to escape from prison with impunity?
How can all those brilliant legal minds be engaged in lengthy deliberations up to the highest court in the land on such a minor case where any reasonable right thinking person would know whats right in 5 seconds?
Why are they dressed in weird clothes?
Preposterous.

Scitlipo

So after a generation of paying taxes since computers became the most normal thing in an office, with billions spent on civil servants and their pensions and perks, no one in the last quarter of a century has managed to link up PPS numbers with criminal records. Right. I see.
The people who populate the public service are at best mediocre. They couldn't hack the real world.

Mushroom

He is a legend.
He's a bloody fool. There he was, relaxing in an open prison with just a few months of his sentence left to serve when he walked out.

Now he'll be locked up for a longer period in a far stricter prison. Pure brainlessness.

Researchwill

An Islamist terrorist is being allowed roam free in our territory and we are powerless to protect our citizens thanks to the liberal elite on the SC. This man already has convictions not merely in Algeria but also France.

I think the conviction in France - if he is the same person mentioned in a recent RTE or TV3 programme on the terror threat - was for planned attacks not merely in France but planned attacks in Ireland too.

We now have our very own version of the US 9th Circuit and its called the SC.
can you link to the case?

Dame_Enda

can you link to the case?
Its on thejournal.ie yesterday but it sounds to me like the same person mentioned in an episode recently on TV3 called "Ireland and the Terror Threat" or else a Prime Time episode.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies