More shameful war propoganda on X-factor

SilverSpurs

Anyone else see the X-factor this evening. A remix of David Bowie's classic "Heros" sees the finalists giving a stamp of approval to British colonialism and murder in Afghanistan. Again very very sad to see the Irish contestants being willing participants in this charade.

jackryan

Anyone else see the X-factor this evening. A remix of David Bowie's classic "Heros" sees the finalists giving a stamp of approval to British colonialism and murder in Afghanistan. Again very very sad to see the Irish contestants being willing participants in this charade.
It's a british show if the irish didn't want to be part of it don't join the show!! they are adults are they not?

The song is awful by the way.

TommyO'Brien

Oh look. Another SilverSpurs whinge-factor post. :roll:

picador

Why do you keep watching it - is it so you can come on here and start a thread?

Aristodemus

A British show on British television supporting British troops. Wow. The incongruity of it.

TonyBird

A British show on British television supporting British troops. Wow. The incongruity of it.
Of course they are 'entitled' to show what they want . Dosent mean its not cynical propaganda . Aimed mostly at kids and idiots .

Chrisco

It was one of the most shocking pieces of propaganda I have ever seen.

Most British people can tell you how many of their soldiers were killed in Afghanistan.

How many of them do you think could tell you within a factor of 10 how many civilians were killed there?
And?

SilverSpurs

Why do you keep watching it - is it so you can come on here and start a thread?
No I was rooting for Paije but sadly he lost out this evening, I may not bother now he's gone.

Aristodemus

It was one of the most shocking pieces of propaganda I have ever seen.

Most British people can tell you how many of their soldiers were killed in Afghanistan.

How many of them do you think could tell you within a factor of 10 how many civilians were killed there?
I bet the Taliban killed more than the Brits

SilverSpurs

Well they featured a young man who lost a leg, no mention of the fact that he was part of an illegal invasion of another country whose purpose is to put the natives in their place.

stoichkov

piss-poor programme, no surprise that it devotes a few minutes of its time to worshipping the british army.

New Threads

Most Replies