More suspect phone invoices - Ned O'Keeffe

mmrebel

i think the question has to be asked is there anyone in Fianna Fail not on the make ??

ocoonassa

Why exactly am I being billed for phones for rich aristocrats to use?

Why can't they buy their own?

I'm hoping that the protest on Budget day outside Leinster house puts a stop to this type of thing for once and for all. What we need at this stage is some sort of Tennis Court Oath for the modern era.

truepatriot

ned is only doing what all good patriotic politicians are doing, that is according to f.f. especially ,me entitlements. then they had the cheek to go to bodenstown this morning and sully the memory of this great patriot.

Barnacle

Why exactly am I being billed for phones for rich aristocrats to use?

Why can't they buy their own?

I'm hoping that the protest on Budget day outside Leinster house puts a stop to this type of thing for once and for all. What we need at this stage is some sort of Tennis Court Oath for the modern era.

Sometimes not only one phone, as many of them have admitted to having two phones, one for emails and the other for phone calls. Ahh, bless their cotton socks, have they not figured out that many of these phones can be used for both.

And you have just got to love MJ Nolan, he is supporting local business (a shack) by paying €750 for a phones that he could get for free.

mr. jings

I'd disagree with the Mail on one thing, the invoices actually add up perfectly. The Dáil allowance is €750 every 18 months. So if you're getting 3 kits in a 5 year period, that brings you nicely under the Dail rules.
Seems like many of our politicians are incapable of handling the straightforward responsibility of expenses. The craven money grubbing gombeenery prevalent among the mediocre majority of our political class spawns a sense of entitlement to spend every last cent of an allowance. These are supposedly reasonable allowances for possible expense, not invoice target figures to be met on a deadline basis.

If only they showed as much dedication and ingenuity when attending to their office.

BTW why can't they just buy their own phones with their huge salaries anyway?

Barnacle

Can someone clarify is this the exact same thing that Callely did?

In a roundabout way, yes. But at least Ned seemed to have cope on to use a firm that was still in existence.

It would be interesting to find out from their service provider if any of these TD's applied for upgrades during the periods, after all, they were entitled them.

Sync

BTW why can't they just buy their own phones with their huge salaries anyway?
Because they're supposed to just be for business use. Which isn't an issue, I've got 2 phones as well, one from work which they pay for.

What should happen though is that you find one supplier and offer 2 phones, one with email, one without, and let all TDs/Senators choose which one they want. Then pay them from a central source each month. Like any business would.

mr. jings

Because they're supposed to just be for business use. Which isn't an issue, I've got 2 phones as well, one from work which they pay for.

What should happen though is that you find one supplier and offer 2 phones, one with email, one without, and let all TDs/Senators choose which one they want. Then pay them from a central source each month. Like any business would.
Fair point on the work phone thing and +1 for the central source type idea (so long as there's no Coughlan connection!) since otherwise it seems to be like sending kids into an unattended sweet shop...

Sync

Fair point on the work phone thing and +1 for the central source type idea (so long as there's no Coughlan connection!) since otherwise it seems to be like sending kids into an unattended sweet shop...
Absolutely. It's a crazy situation. I don't get to decide to buy my phone from Meteor's corner shop run by my mate, I take it from our supplier. My car kit is installed by them, and the billing gets reviewed monthly.

Tender the business, open a corporate account with one of the suppliers, and deal with everything from there.

DCon

It would be interesting to find out from their service provider if any of these TD's applied for upgrades during the periods, after all, they were entitled them.
Highly likely that they get an upgrade for themselves and use the over-generous allowance to get new phones for the wife/husband/lover(s)/kids

Barnacle

Highly likely that they get an upgrade for themselves and use the over-generous allowance to get new phones for the wife/husband/lover(s)/kids
I wonder if the MoS is trying to get any information from the providers. Could you imagine, Callely got phones from the Departments, he also claimed expenses on numerous phones and to top it all, he received upgrades from his provider. You can almost see the headline - Callely's phone fetish.

If you didn't laugh, you sure would cry!

Tomas Mor

an innocent abroad

To quote my son after reading this article! " Thesen guy's are real parasites, and they want me to pay more tax? will I xxxxxxxxxx"

Upper Chamber

Interesting that O'Keeffe (or 'Babe' as he is sometimes known) likes to portray himself as the conscience of FF, weighing in to criticise de party. Isn't it worrying that the only people in FF to criticise it (McGrath, Mc Guiness) seem to be firmly from thr gombeen wing?
Any chance of a fraud prosecution if merited? No, didn't think so.

Barnacle

If you want a fraud investigation, file a complaint with the fraud squad!
I thought that the Oireachtas had to make the complaint for this to happen.

To quote my son after reading this article! " Thesen guy's are real parasites, and they want me to pay more tax? will I xxxxxxxxxx"
Message for your son, well said, couldn't have put it better myself. :evil:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies