More trans nonsense: "I gave birth as both genders"

talkingshop

My view
AAAHHHH JAAYYYYYYSIS
Yep it's all nonsense. A female giving birth is not newsworthy (except maybe insofar as she was lucky the male hormones she has clearly been taking didn't affect her ability to become pregnant). But the newspapers present it as "man gives birth" as if this was some miracle of science.

Mercurial

Because it's this kind of lunacy that is fueling calls to stop using words like ''mother''. She is a woman, I don't care if she identifies as the Good Ship Lollipop, she is and no matter what amount of hormones or surgery she has, will always remain a woman. A mentally ill woman who probably shouldn't be allowed to have unsupervised care of her children.
Why do you care though?

ellie08

I hope they weren't taking male hormones during the pregnancy. Surely if you wanted to be a man you'd be sickened at the thought of pregnancy and birth.

benroe

Yep it's all nonsense. A female giving birth is not newsworthy (except maybe insofar as she was lucky the male hormones she has clearly been taking didn't affect her ability to become pregnant). But the newspapers present it as "man gives birth" as if this was some miracle of science.
Indeed, the headline should have read "Transgender man proves shes still a woman".

Mushroom

If that's a woman then I'm a prawn sandwich.

talkingshop

Why do you care though?
I don't think anyone cares really, just commenting on the ridiculous media presentation of this. Although it is bit worrying that she's probably going to confuse and possibly f*ck up the child if she's going to bring it up pretending that she's its "father", etc...

mr. jings

Rant away, people, but maybe look up the difference between sex and gender before you do.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies