More trans nonsense: "I gave birth as both genders"

Mercurial

I don't think anyone cares really
The heat (as opposed to light) that these threads invariably generate suggests otherwise.

It's worth considering the only two possibilities here:

(1) Trans people are basically right about who they are, in which case a lot of people are spending their time here insulting them unfairly and helping to make their lives go worse.

Or:

(2) Trans people are basically suffering from a serious mental illness, in which case a lot of people are spending their time here insulting them unfairly and helping to make their lives go worse.

Mercurial

You know why I care because we've had this discussion many times before. Women are being marginalised and having our rights as biological women undermined in order to accommodate mentally ill men who identify as women. I didn't care or pay attention to the trans issue until the insanity really took off and words like woman, female, lady, mother and feminine, even ''she'' became offensive to men who identify as women and the push the perpetually butt hurt to push the rights of these men above the rights of biological women began in earnest.
In what way are women being marginalized?

Schmetterling

This isn't the first time a woman has claimed to have given birth as a man. I mentioned in another thread some time ago that I saw a tv news item with a bearded woman with a new baby saying something to the effect of 'Don't let anyone tell you a man can't give birth'. I don't much care how anyone identifies as long as they are hurting no-one else (how it will affect children in such families is something only time will tell) BUT I really do object to being called intolerant when I won't buy into that version of reality. If you birthed a baby you are a WOMAN, no ifs no buts, no maybes!

Mercurial

This isn't the first time a woman has claimed to have given birth as a man. I mentioned in another thread some time ago that I saw a tv news item with a bearded woman with a new baby saying something to the effect of 'Don't let anyone tell you a man can't give birth'. I don't much care how anyone identifies as long as they are hurting no-one else (how it will affect children in such families is something only time will tell) BUT I really do object to being called intolerant when I won't buy into that version of reality. If you birthed a baby you are a WOMAN, no ifs no buts, no maybes!
Not everyone believes that that's a plausible definition of what it means to be a woman.

Bea C

More nonsense from the trans front. A female (by sex) had a child and then decided to "transition" and start living as a man, presumably as she felt that she was actually a male (by gender).

However now the person has given birth to another child, so we can assume that the person kept the female equipment that she was born with.

This is being portrayed as a male (by gender) giving birth to a child.

My view - this is more evidence of the mental illness involved in trans-world.

Kaci Sullivan: 'I gave birth as both genders' - BBC News

"Kaci Sullivan, from Missouri, first gave birth five years ago, before beginning to transition and start living as a man.

Last month, he gave birth again after seven days in labour."
I saw that myself on the BBC site this morning!
I was wondering when it'd reach here.
I'd view that person with contempt: leaving psychology out of it - that can be argued till the cows come home - if you have been taking another gender's hormones for a number of years, you have to have skewed things out of order. Physically, for the incubation and long term development of the child, that is dangerous.

talkingshop

The heat (as opposed to light) that these threads invariably generate suggests otherwise.

It's worth considering the only two possibilities here:

(1) Trans people are basically right about who they are, in which case a lot of people are spending their time here insulting them unfairly and helping to make their lives go worse.

Or:

(2) Trans people are basically suffering from a serious mental illness, in which case a lot of people are spending their time here insulting them unfairly and helping to make their lives go worse.
Nope. Most people's objections on the trans issue are not about how TG people want to live their lives, but about their demands that others accept and publicly affirm their version of reality, and how the media and officialdom are going along with this.

I support this WOMAN's right to have a child, or as many children as she wants. Unfortunately she may well f*ck them up to some degree, but that can't be helped, we can't really interfere in how people bring up their children unless they are neglecting/abusing them.

Mercurial

Nope. Most people's objections on the trans issue are not about how TG people want to live their lives, but about their demands that others accept and publicly affirm their version of reality, and how the media and officialdom are going along with this.

I support this WOMAN's right to have a child, or as many children as she wants. Unfortunately she may well f*ck them up to some degree, but that can't be helped, we can't really interfere in how people bring up their children unless they are neglecting/abusing them.
Nothing you have said above suggests that there are additional possibilities besides the two I outlined.

If you reject the idea that trans people are what they believe they are, which you apparently do, then what you are left with is defending a bunch of people saying nasty things about people with mental illnesses.

GDPR

Must try harder. Or maybe you're trying too hard. Always difficult to tell around these parts.
Thinking & wishing never changed any reality.

If you're born a man or a woman, it just is what it is, now if you're a man who wants to present as a woman or a woman who wants to present as a man, work away, but let no one try to pretend that will ever change the reality as established by the biological science of it.

Mushroom

Mercurial

Thinking & wishing never changed any reality.

If you're born a man or a woman, it just is what it is, now if you're a man who wants to present as a woman or a woman who wants to present as a man, work away, but let no one try to pretend that will ever change the reality as established by the biological science of it.
Do you think trans people are unaware of the biological facts of their bodies?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies