• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

More trouble for the Vatican

eoghanacht

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
I like this bit from the link in the OP:

Calvi, known as God's Banker because of his close ties to the Vatican, was found hanged beneath Blackfriars' Bridge in London. The murder bore the hallmarks of a ritual killing.
... very Da Vinci Code lol. He was murdered by hanging. No mystery or albino monks in sight.

Old Mr Grouser

I like this bit from the link in the OP:

Calvi, known as God's Banker because of his close ties to the Vatican, was found hanged beneath Blackfriars' Bridge in London. The murder bore the hallmarks of a ritual killing.
... very Da Vinci Code lol. He was murdered by hanging. No mystery or albino monks in sight.
The BBC report is misleading.

The 'hallmarks' (pieces of brick in his pocket) suggested a pseudo-judicial execution. It's an italian thing.

The Field Marshal

I had a look on Amazon for it. $316.00???? A bit steep.
If you are referring to In Gods Name by master fiction writer D.Yallop I have a copy which I will sell you for $75.

Its not worth reading as its in the Paul Williams style of sensationalist fantasy.

All the links and so called proofs of the wildest allegations fall apart under even the mildest scrutiny.

The story line is interesting and you hope to get a convincing proof of the more serious allegations but it never arrives.

Anybody who pays the slightest attention to Yallops wilder & unproven allegations that Pope John Paul 1 and Roberto Calvi were murdered on the orders of P2 [a secret masonic order] display inordinate gullibility.

pujols

Pope John Paul 1 had phlebitis and that is what killed him.

corelli

corelli

In God's Name by David Yallop
An absolute must-read book on the financial scandals that ended up with a dead Pope, Vatican Banker and millions mis-appropriated.
That book is like the Da Vinci Code. Replete with factual inaccuracies. If you like a good conspiracy theory, though, it's not a bad read. Just do it with a jaundiced eye.

The Field Marshal

In God's Name by David Yallop
An absolute must-read book on the financial scandals that ended up with a dead Pope, Vatican Banker and millions mis-appropriated.
A book to be avoided.
I read it years ago expecting some insights and revelations.
It contains no insights or revelations.

It weaves together an international panorama of Vatican cloak and dagger,masonic secret rituals etc and its central thesis
[1] That Pope John Paul 2 was murdered on orders of masonic lodge P2
[2] That Roberto Calvi was murdered by the same crew.

is not proved.

The book is nothing but innuendo and speculation with few hard facts.
The details on Vatican banking and Archbishop Marcinkus are stretched and twisted to fit every wild conjecture.

Sprawled across the top of my copy is the headline

"The book that shook the world":rolleyes:

A more appropriate headline would have been:

" David Yallop fancily gallops from fact to fiction to end in the trough of the absurd.:rolleyes:

redtoothclaw

The Godfather: Part 3 has a scene where a banker ends up hanging from a bridge and the Pope is given a drink while in bed to 'help him sleep.'

pujols

All well and good to talk of books petunia

But another cloud is hovering over the vatican.
Weather forecaster are you then???:p

Odyessus

A book to be avoided.
I read it years ago expecting some insights and revelations.
It contains no insights or revelations.

It weaves together an international panorama of Vatican cloak and dagger,masonic secret rituals etc and its central thesis
[1] That Pope John Paul 2 was murdered on orders of masonic lodge P2
[2] That Roberto Calvi was murdered by the same crew.

is not proved.

The book is nothing but innuendo and speculation with few hard facts.
The details on Vatican banking and Archbishop Marcinkus are stretched and twisted to fit every wild conjecture.

Sprawled across the top of my copy is the headline

"The book that shook the world":rolleyes:

A more appropriate headline would have been:

" David Yallop fancily gallops from fact to fiction to end in the trough of the absurd.:rolleyes:

Yes, I saw a copy in a charity shop last week for €1, but I didn't bite. I have heard it compared to "The Da Vinci Code".

pujols

Another point worth making is that Yallop isn't much of a writer.

Vatican Bank 'investigated over money-laundering'

This could get interesting - the 1980s scandal was never fully explained.
The Rothschilds have effectively controlled Vatican Bank since just after the Napoleanic Era after Pope Pius VII was held hostage in 1808, not the Church itself. He was released as a condition of their control as the Rothschilds bankrolled Napolean at the time. This become officially the case from the 1820s onwards. Therefore perhaps any further questions could be answered at the Bank of England, Threadneedle Street, City of London.