More Trump fallout - celebs start to back down from promises to leave the US

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
During the campaign a number of celebrities promised to leave the US if Trump was elected.

Now that he's been elected, the celebs are starting to show that their promises were just as much hot air as many of Trump's promises.

Lena Dunham said this during the campaign:
Lena Dunham told Andy Cohen at the Matrix Awards that “I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will. I know a lovely place in Vancouver.” The star and creator of HBO’s “Girls” has been a vocal advocate for Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee.

Despite saying that she "really will" move to Canada at the time, she's backing down now.

Lena Dunham isn

"Lena Dunham is calling off her plans to flee the country in the wake of Donald Trump's election victory.

The "Girls" creator backtracked on her promise she'd move to Canada if Trump was elected president, declaring she's decided to remain on United States soil despite the "injustice surrounding us."

"I've realized I can survive, as a Jewish pro-choice sexual assault survivor with a queer family member and a belief that we are all exactly & beautifully equal," she wrote in a lengthy Instagram missive Wednesday."

What a trooper she is - not to mention quite the identity politics warrior.

As a "Jewish pro-choice sexual assault survivor with a queer family member" she feels that she's equipped to deal with the horrors of Trump's America.

I'd say that she's just another idiot American with zero courage of her alleged convictions.

wombat

I'd say that she's just another idiot American with zero courage of her alleged convictions.
Or a celebrity for being a celebrity?

jpc

They are actors and creative luvvie types.
Who feel obliged to make stupid empty gestures at these times.
What else do you expect?

Telstar 62

There's millions around the world that would like to
emigrate to the US, and take their places!!!:lol:

flavirostris

Here's who's off:

LENA DUNHAM:
RAVEN SYMONE:
NEVE CAMPBELL:
BRYAN CRANSTON:
STEPHEN KING:
BARBRA STREISAND:
NE-YO:
CHELSEA HANDLER:
AMY SCHUMER:
JOHN STEWART:
CHER:
WHOOPI GOLDBERG:

jpc

There's millions around the world that would like to
emigrate to the US, and take their places!!!:lol:
Oh the irony of that would be totally lost on them.

Dame_Enda

What really hurts these people is the blow to their collective mammoth ego at being refused their demands that HRC be elected POTUS.

GDPR

"I've realized I can survive, as a Jewish pro-choice sexual assault survivor with a queer family member and a belief that we are all exactly & beautifully equal," she wrote in a lengthy Instagram missive Wednesday."
Your heart would bleed for America, just when they thought she'd leave, she pulls back in.

What a waste of space she sounds.

GabhaDubh

Some of my American conservative friends actually wanted to start a Go-Fund-me page for their one way ticket. If not used by February first 2017, all funds would be given to the Wounded Warrior program.

Kommunist

They only said it for attention, though this was obvious.

Mad as Fish

Here's who's off:

LENA DUNHAM:
RAVEN SYMONE:
NEVE CAMPBELL:
BRYAN CRANSTON:
STEPHEN KING:
BARBRA STREISAND:
NE-YO:
CHELSEA HANDLER:
AMY SCHUMER:
JOHN STEWART:
CHER:
WHOOPI GOLDBERG:
Hey I'm getting better, I've heard of four of those!

flavirostris

What did Canada do to deserve Whoopi Goldberg? Awful, awful woman.

Last edited:

Polly Ticks

Notice how none of them ever say "I'm moving to Mexico"??

The Mind-Blowing Fact About Immigration No One Mentions | The Huffington Post

More Americans have moved to Mexico in recent years than vice versa, according to government data cited in a New York Times feature by Damien Cave published over the weekend.

The data shouldn’t come as a surprise. The Pew Hispanic Trends Project estimated last year that the flow of migrants from Mexico peaked in 2007 at about 12.6 million and then began to decline slightly. A report issued by Pew on Monday noted that the population of undocumented immigrants from Mexico similarly declined from a 2007 peak of 6.9 million, to about 6 million today.

Not so for Americans, many of whom look to Mexico as a cheap place to retire or a hospitable location to start a new business. According to the Times:

Americans now make up more than three-quarters of Mexico’s roughly one million documented foreigners, up from around two-thirds in 2000, leading to a historic milestone: more Americans have been added to the population of Mexico over the past few years than Mexicans have been added to the population of the United States, according to government data in both nations.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies