• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Mortgage Arrears - latest stats

Howya

Latest stats from the central bank

Primary Dwelling Houses
143,000 loans in arrears
plus
80,000 loans restrucutured

total of 223,000 loans out of a total of 792,000 - thats 28%

some glimmer of good news is that the rate of arrears is falling slightly.

Buy to Lets

38,000 loans in arrears
plus
22,000 loans restrucutured

total of 60,000 loans out of a total of 150,000 - thats 40%

Central Bank of Ireland - Residential Mortgage Arrears and Repossessions Statistics: Q4 2012

Pinster

What shocks me, is that 75% of them are still paying:shock2:

Builders, celebs, bankers, all going bankrupt never heard of moral hazard, while little joe still paying for it all.

If they all stopped paying they would all get a deal, instead, only 25% will get it:cry:

Mad as Fish

What shocks me, is that 75% of them are still paying:shock2:

Builders, celebs, bankers, all going bankrupt never heard of moral hazard, while little joe still paying for it all.

If they all stopped paying they would all get a deal, instead, only 25% will get it:cry:
How do they expect to extract the household charge from the 28% that can't pay their mortgage?

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
What shocks me, is that 75% of them are still paying....
Lets hope they keep paying, and start paying the property tax, septic tank charges and all the other taxes and increases that ENDA220'000kpa and Gimmiemore heaps on them. These politico-developers bankers MUST be kept in the manner affording their status in Irish society.

landofthetree

How do they expect to extract the household charge from the 28% that can't pay their mortgage?
They can justify it in the same way they justify sacking 58 special needs workers while replenishing their wine cellars with expensive bottles of wine ,

Asparagus

How do they expect to extract a household charge from the 20 Odd % who are on either < 180 day into or just about to enter arrears.

Disillusioned democrat

Buy to let stat is a sick joke - rents have stabilized and even increased, and occupancy seems relatively good across many towns and cities, so unscrupulous land-lords are making out like bandits while the tax payer picks up the tab of recapping the banks.

That's the area I'd like to see addressed immediately.....but two years into this government it seems our fearless leaders don;t see this as being as big a problem with as simple a fix as I and many others do...hmmmm, I wonder how many well connected FG and Lab Councillors and wannabes have extensive properties?

Dublin 4

This is from Dave "The Rave"'s tweet :shock2:

Mad as Fish

How do they expect to extract a household charge from the 20 Odd % who are on either < 180 day into or just about to enter arrears.
There is not one tiny hope for the domestic economy if they take any more out of it. Forget the few jobs conjured out of thin air that we are meant to applaud as if a new saviour moves amongst us, the country beyond the M50 is going to close down big time, more so than it has now. Those hanging on will slip away in accelerating numbers and the dole queue will stretch a lot further yet.

How long are we into this recession, 4, 5 or 6 years? And now they place both feet on the drowning man's head.

gerhard dengler

Buy to let stat is a sick joke - rents have stabilized and even increased, and occupancy seems relatively good across many towns and cities, so unscrupulous land-lords are making out like bandits while the tax payer picks up the tab of recapping the banks.

That's the area I'd like to see addressed immediately.....but two years into this government it seems our fearless leaders don;t see this as being as big a problem with as simple a fix as I and many others do...hmmmm, I wonder how many well connected FG and Lab Councillors and wannabes have extensive properties?
Excellent post.

I've no doubt that there are landlords who collect rent but who are deliberately welching on some/all of their mortgage.
Many of these fly by night chancers bought "teaser mortgages" where they had relatively low initial interest repayments.

Howya

courtesy of NWL

Interesting to see the huge number of people with just one rental property - probably looked like good pension planning at the time?

And I wouldn't confine the "well connected" to just FG/Lab but your point is well made.