• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Most Catholics support the union says Robinson.

Garza

There are protestant who support a UI. Billy Leonard for example.
Hey now don't forget our fellow poster Billy The Prod!! petunia

Edit: Damn, Fig got there before me.

dazzler

Peadar has got wind of the census results. Expect to hear a lot more of this rubbish as the north transforms to CRN majority

Legolas

This is common knowledge tbh. Then you get hardcore Republicans on here screaming 'I've never heard a Catholic say they support the Union'...... as if they would be telling a Republican such a thing :lol:

Figaroni

This is common knowledge tbh. Then you get hardcore Republicans on here screaming 'I've never heard a Catholic say they support the Union'...... as if they would be telling a Republican such a thing :lol:
The DUP have formed a Legion of Mary Cumann.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Common knowledge according to the discredited NILT surveys and the unionist Belfast Tele which try to tell us how 110% of Catholics really want to remain under British occupation !!!!!

Legolas

Common knowledge according to the discredited NILT surveys and the unionist Belfast Tele which try to tell us how 110% of Catholics really want to remain under British occupation !!!!!
And you'd have a better idea in Dublin i suppose.

Protestant/Catholic=Irish

Who on here has said that?

Most are fickle, they support the union because the Free state is an economic basket case (not that Britain is much better). When the economy of the 26 recovers, we will see reunification. Of that I am sure.

PaddyO'Neill

Gotta love the Unionists hanging their coat on a survey. Any port in a storm I suppose.

Legolas

Who on here has said that?

Most are fickle, they support the union because the Free state is an economic basket case (not that Britain is much better). When the economy of the 26 recovers, we will see reunification. Of that I am sure.
We'll see. I disagree.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

McSlaggart

And you'd have a better idea in Dublin i suppose.
Most Northern Catholics are more culturally driven than those who live in the south. The question is what becomes of "Northern Ireland"? If Unionism could bring itself to change things before that happens it would not be such a big issue. As it is Unionism cannot even bring itself to stop the OO making a fool of the very concept of "British" culture.

oboe

I'm not sure about supporting the Union but I would say a significant minority of Catholics at least are comfortable with the status quo - me included.

I'm out tonight with friends for drinks and the conversation will be widespread but I doubt the future of the Union will be a topic.

Popular Threads

Most Replies