• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Most Ridiculous Public Art

ArtyisBack

I was wondering about which piece of public art is the most ridiculous in Ireland. I would like to nominate the Crown in Larne. Commissioned for the jubilee of the British Queen it sits in the middle of Circular Road roundabout.

Socratus O' Pericles

Wasn't there a busted sofa which had been bronzed and dropped in a housing estate in Louth which the residents hated but the artist said that was theirproblem -they just didn't appreciate art.

Truth.ie

I was wondering about which piece of public art is the most ridiculous in Ireland. I would like to nominate the Crown in Larne. Commissioned for the jubilee of the British Queen it sits in the middle of Circular Road roundabout.

Very Dale Winton.

Socratus O' Pericles

A bomb would...............ah!............. no.................... scratch that

southwestkerry

Bertie :)

Apologies I thought it was

PUBLIC FART
Hammer... you have changed your aviator... to... to... aaaahahhahahahhhhhhh..... your a hammer fan and a commie! :)

On topic, I like art.

carruthers

That's fairly minging alright. For me the worst is the Spire. Utterly uninspiring. The time in the slime was also useless and I note Smurfits Anna Livia has been secreted to a little used park near Collins Barracks. They even took her bath tub away making her look more ridiculous than before which is some achievement.

ergo2

In all Eu funded road projects there is a budget for "public art".

Most of this are risible concoctions of ironmongery.

I think the artists are laughing at the plebs

It would be better to use the money to plant some trees

Last edited:

Samell

All the weird bits by the roads, so distracting trying to work out exactly what they are.

All we need by the road are signs that are included in the rules of the road not blue and yellow cow shapes.

Windowshopper

The spire. I used to say that it should be removed now I think a plaque should be placed on it dedicating it to FF and the recession.