Mother and 5 Children Sleeping in Car

Civic_critic2

According to the Irish Examiner a woman "is sleeping in her car with her five children because she is unable to source emergency accommodation from Cork City Council".

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/mother-and-five-children-sleeping-in-car-outside-cemetery-451537.html

So last week 12 families with 30 children sought shelter in garda stations and ended up sleeping in parks and on floors. Today we hear of a woman with 5 children sleeping in a car. It's pretty clear the direction this country is heading in - towards the Victorian era. It doesn't matter what the gibbering Mr. Plausibles of the professional political class say to assure us about it all - we live at a time of a concerted attack on ordinary people and their labour by the establishment classes all across the western world. These things are just a hint of the ultimate destination of complete degradation these people intend to send us towards.

It's time to simply take the houses.

silverharp

She needs to put on an accent and say they are from Syria and came in on the back of a truck

hammer

Cork City Council said: “We cannot comment on individual cases but many cases are complex and require the intervention of more than one agency to meet the need of the client. All presentations for emergency accommodation are to the Homeless Persons Unit which is run for the local authority by the Community Welfare Service, Department of Social Protection. Each case is considered on its own merits and the decisions are made as to what is appropriate to the individual or family presenting.”

Get the finger out.

SamsonS

According to the Irish Examiner a woman "is sleeping in her car with her five children because she is unable to source emergency accommodation from Cork City Council".

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/mother-and-five-children-sleeping-in-car-outside-cemetery-451537.html

So last week 12 families with 30 children sought shelter in garda stations and ended up sleeping in parks and on floors. Today we hear of a woman with 5 children sleeping in a car. It's pretty clear the direction this country is heading in - towards the Victorian era. It doesn't matter what the gibbering Mr. Plausibles of the professional political class say to assure us about it all - we live at a time of a concerted attack on ordinary people and their labour by the establishment classes all across the western world. These things are just a hint of the ultimate destination of complete degradation these people intend to send us towards.

I was a bit frustrated with this case. She lived in England, came back and was housed in Co Clare, with help from Focus Ireland. Admittedly she is from Cork, but why leave Clare where she had a home, to return to Cork where she doesne't have a home?

talkingshop

Came back from England and Focus got her accommodation in a town in Clare, then decided she didn't like this town in Clare, and moves her family to Cork, even though she has nowhere to live in Cork. Sounds pretty irresponsible to me.

Roberto Jordan

There may be complexities not captured by the article but on one hand it says the family left a house in Clare because it was too far from her support (assume extended family friends) in Cork but on other hand none of said support even have floor space or couches to accomadate. Even if there are extenuating circumstances to explain this it seems like complete local of foresight and planning to move without a plan -unless that is oneviews hardship as a means of lobbying for satisfaction.
I 100% support the provision of publically funded housing but I struggle with many of the hard cases presented here -glad I don't actually live in the place or I'd worry I'd be pulled to the right from my cozy left liberal bubble...

Hitchcock

She needs to put on an accent and say they are from Syria and came in on the back of a truck
Oh look nonsense and irrelevant post.

Hitchcock

Spoofers from a family of spoofers.
Nice to see you don't retain your bile just for migrants but unfortunately you use the same methodology of making statements with no evidence.

amsterdemmetje

Ms O’Regan’s father, Thomas, said he is very disillusioned with a political system which allows a single mother of five to become homeless: “The Leo Varadkars and the Simon Coveneys aren’t doing anything for the ordinary working class man. It feels like they are totally against us.”

Ya know im absolute sick of this emotional blackmail shyte "the system allows a single mother of five to become homeless". Ive had me own problems with housing here and while the system is defo fúcked personal responsibility is something lost on people in this country.
"The working class man " telll me how many working years has this woman put in to deserve the help she needs before everyone else?

fergal1790

There is usually more to these stories than hack journalists looking for click-bait will reveal.

Mother - whose partner drowned last year - and five children forced to live in car outside cemetery - Independent.ie
Ms O'Regan, originally from Farranree in Cork, previously lived in the UK before moving back home 15 months ago. Focus Ireland housed her in accommodation but she said they ended up in an "isolated" town in Co Clare.

She returned to Cork three months ago and has been attempting to access emergency accommodation. Her partner drowned last year.

She lived in a local authority house in Cork over a decade ago and upon her return found she was in arrears on her rent. She claims she is paying the local authority back by having a small portion of money deducted from her one-parent family supplement.
She is not classed as an emergency as she would have left housing in the UK and also was housed in Clare but left that house and moved to Cork City!

She apparently owes Cork City Council arrears of rent from the time she left over ten years ago! She has offered a small repayment from her social welfare but this could well stop as soon as she would be housed. She should move back to the house she was given in "isolated" Clare and be thankful her children are not sleeping in a car!

silverharp

Oh look nonsense and irrelevant post.
true though no? Although I see now that the OP is a pile a kaka and she made herself homeless by choice

Ruff says Flaherty

She had a house in Clare but it didn't suit because it was too far from her family. Standard enough situation up here in Dublin too. People turning places down because they aren't in a suitable location, or in single peoples cases, because they have to share with others. All factors that working people need to adapt too, if they can't afford their "ideal place" either.

talkingshop

There may be complexities not captured by the article but on one hand it says the family left a house in Clare because it was too far from her support (assume extended family friends) in Cork but on other hand none of said support even have floor space or couches to accomadate. Even if there are extenuating circumstances to explain this it seems like complete local of foresight and planning to move without a plan -unless that is oneviews hardship as a means of lobbying for satisfaction.
I 100% support the provision of publically funded housing but I struggle with many of the hard cases presented here -glad I don't actually live in the place or I'd worry I'd be pulled to the right from my cozy left liberal bubble...
Yes, and the media here are quite shamefully biased in pushing the narrative that "it's all disgraceful, the government are failing these poor victims..." etc. Every homeless tale is carefully presented, with pertinent facts left out, no hard questions asked, all to present the homeless person as a victim ill-treated by a cruel government. For instance I love the way this article says she "found out" on her return to Cork that she was in arrears as regards her previous local authority tenancy - as if the local authority wouldn't have informed her before about the arrears when she lived in the house, and tried to collect them from her!

fergal1790

How the hell can anyone on social welfare payments afford to keep a car on the road?

hammer

Yes, and the media here are quite shamefully biased in pushing the narrative that "it's all disgraceful, the government are failing these poor victims..." etc. Every homeless tale is carefully presented, with pertinent facts left out, no hard questions asked, all to present the homeless person as a victim ill-treated by a cruel government. For instance I love the way this article says she "found out" on her return to Cork that she was in arrears as regards her previous local authority tenancy - as if the local authority wouldn't have informed her before about the arrears when she lived in the house, and tried to collect them from her!
Examiner is very pro Fianna FAIL.

Civic_critic2

Remarkable. Such hate and bile. It's yourselves you're shooting in the foot trying to associate yourselves with the 'winners' in this situation.

Herr Rommel

Nice to see you don't retain your bile just for migrants but unfortunately you use the same methodology of making statements with no evidence.
It is called first hand experience with this clan going back thirty plus years ago.

Civic_critic2

That doesn't really matter though does it? Nor all the bile from the others because -
1) we didn't have 30 children sleeping in parks and women with 5 children sleeping in cars up until after 2008, regardless of the circumstances. So something has changed.
2) it is the beginning of the 21st century with unbelievably powerful productive forces at our disposal - this degradation is a contrived lack, a false scarcity imposed on the population by utterly degenerate scum.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies