• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Mother had to drive Paramedic and ill boy to Hospital because there wasnt a second Paramedic

SKELLY

Just now on Newstalk Pearce Doherty is describing an incident that happened last Tuesday.

A mother phoned the emergency services because her young son was unconscious.

There was only one ambulance on call and one of the paramedics was out sick. There was no cover.

The single paramedic drove to the house and when he got there he called for assistance. None was availible.

The single paramedic then had to to ask the mother to drive to the hospital while he attended to the
child in the back seat!

This all because of cutbacks.

In the same week when Healy Eames is of on a junket costing taxpayers 10's of thousands of euro to china
www.politics.ie/forum/galway/200902-another-taxpayer-funded-junket-healy-eames.html

and the same week we find out that the guy running the gathering is on 170k a year!

well done Labour!

DuineEile

Sounds unlikely, if for no other reason than insurance cover would not be available. Pearse is a sensible lad, so I would say the OP has not gotten the story correct.

D

Sounds unlikely, if for no other reason than insurance cover would not be available. Pearse is a sensible lad, so I would say the OP has not gotten the story correct.

D
Force majeure would likely apply.

Mushroom

Where was the father?

Ulster-Lad

Same county where a woman had to go and collect a guard and bring him to her house to investigate a burglary because he (the guard) did not have a car.

Troy_337

Are we gathering for a funeral?

damus

D
Which part....that she only saw one paramedic or that she ended up driving her son to the hospital while the paramedic worked on her son in the back of the vehicle?

Crazy horse 6

Ireland, a country where we can afford to pay for several army vans and police cars to guide a cash van up to the mint in sandyford on a regular basis but where we refuse to send a paramedic to help saves a child life. Some nation to be proud of for sure.

niall78

Ireland, a country where we can afford to pay for several army vans and police cars to guide a cash van up to the mint in sandyford on a regular basis but where we refuse to send a paramedic to help saves a child life. Some nation to be proud of for sure.
A glorious 'republic' for sure.

bob3367

That post is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike...utterly useless.

Iarmhi Gael

Just now on Newstalk Pearce Doherty is describing an incident that happened last Tuesday.

A mother phoned the emergency services because her young son was unconscious.

There was only one ambulance on call and one of the paramedics was out sick. There was no cover.

The single paramedic drove to the house and when he got there he called for assistance. None was availible.

The single paramedic then had to to ask the mother to drive to the hospital while he attended to the
child in the back seat!

This all because of cutbacks.

In the same week when Healy Eames is of on a junket costing taxpayers 10's of thousands of euro to china
www.politics.ie/forum/galway/200902-another-taxpayer-funded-junket-healy-eames.html

and the same week we find out that the guy running the gathering is on 170k a year!

well done Labour!
I would not trust any story coming out if Donegal and being managed by SF.

corporal punishment

Story sounds plausible when you consider it's a known fact that ambulance crews have to wait for hours in A+E to get their stretchers back because the hospitals don't have spares.

But hey, the troika think we're sound and that's the main thing.

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am
I hope this woman is tax compliant. a lot of people in Donegal not afraid for putting their hand out looking for government help, yet not prepared to pony up
If this is the level of service i was offered i wouldn't pay my tax.

I will presume though that she is tax compliant.

Ulster-Lad

I hope this woman is tax compliant. a lot of people in Donegal not afraid for putting their hand out looking for government help, yet not prepared to pony up
The people in Donegal see what they get for their taxes.

So you believe we are not entitled to police protection or medical services up here? Donegal has long been the forgotten county but we make do with what we have to. Pity it is that way.

Popular Threads

Most Replies