Motion - Reform of Structures of Government.

Barnacle

The Labour Party are proposing a motion tonight and tomorrow during Private Members Business on Government Reform. Its rather lengthy and detailed so I will just post a link. But you gotta love this one, wonder how many will suppost this motion.

a 50 per cent increase in Dáil sitting days, with sittings four days a week, a shorter summer recess and significantly reduced breaks at Christmas and Easter;
Dil ireann - Private Members Business (The Labour Party) 9 and 10 November 2010 - Tithe an Oireachtais

PUFF DADDY

Cheers, Barnacle, await to hear the BS from the others..

LiberalFG

Twitter
@dmvmurphy
What's the point? The country is run by 3 untouchable dictators ie. Lenny, Biffo and Sweary. The rest have nothing better to do but engage in clientelism to get re elected and most of the legislation and now fiscal policy is dictated by Europe. The Dail itself needs to be reformed. Until such time, they might as well not bother.

Barnacle

The likelihood of this passing is slim, however it will be interesting to see the FG Votes. In all likelihood it will be a FG/Lab Gov next, will they then bring in these reforms then?

Barnacle

FG doing well in their speeches tonight. Not sure which one it is as I only have it on radio at the moment, but he slated FF (I believe Dara Callery) for coming in reading scripts without checking out his facts. One point was on t him stating that the Government's Reform Committee had met but had not decided on Government Reform. Well the FG is on that Committee and has lashed back at him saying that it had not sat and this issue has never been discussed.

G

Gimpanzee

The likelihood of this passing is slim, however it will be interesting to see the FG Votes. In all likelihood it will be a FG/Lab Gov next, will they then bring in these reforms then?
Not a hope. That's why they are bringing it up now.

Barnacle

is the vote tonight, Barnacle ?
No, the vote is tomorrow however it seems to have been welcomed by anyone I heard speaking (only heard a bit of Dara) but one FF actually welcomed the increase in Dail sitting days. Then Dara stood up and said that item was on the agenda of the Government Reform Committee, see my previous post on that. There are some items that they are concerned with and FG also have requested to add five items. So I am wondering if the motion can be amended to take out the real sticklers and pass the rest.

Barnacle

The bit in the motion that is causing the main problem is the extension to the FOI to Garda. It will fall on this one issue alone.

Barnacle

Government put down counter motion amending the original motion. Government motion passed 77 - 68. No idea what their amendments were.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies