Motion to Complete Budget & Legislation by end Dec

Barnacle

Fine Gael are to table a motion for the Dáil to sit the necessary days to complete the budgetary process and implement the necessary legislation by the end of December. The Green's should be supportive of this motion although outside their timeframe, wonder how the Independents will vote.

Fine Gael Chief Whip Paul Kehoe TD has announced that Fine Gael will move a motion in the Dáil calling for the forthcoming Budgetary process to be accelerated and completed by the end of December.

Mr Kehoe said: ‘I believe the establishment of economic and political stability and certainty in Ireland is crucially important. That’s why last week Fine Gael Leader Enda Kenny urged the Taoiseach to bring the presentation of the 2011 Budget forward to this week, a proposal he did not accept’.

“The forthcoming Budgetary process being completed quickly, rather than the usual protracted process, would contribute to economic stability.

“The comments of some Fianna Fáil Ministers suggesting that the Budgetary process could be extended to next April, or even May, are electorally motivated and will do nothing to restore stability.

“In order to bring clarity to the Budget timeframe, Fine Gael will move a motion in the Dáil this week calling for the 2011 Budget and the necessary legislative measures to be presented to, and disposed of, by the Dáil by the end of December. Fine Gael is willing to co-operate with additional sitting days to achieve this.

“I urge the Government, and the Green Party in particular, to support this motion.”

SinnShane

More waffle and messing. Take them the fu<k out!

hiding behind a poster

More waffle and messing. Take them the fu<k out!
Er, that's what FG are doing. This motion would achieve a lot more in terms of speeding up the removal of this government than yet another march that achieves nothing. So presumably SF will support it?

Raketemensch

I thought FG felt the bailout was treason.
FG have no alternative, they run in the same landlord/bankers circles as FF and they have no intention of letting their golfing buddies pay their own debts when the poor of Ireland and their children and grandchildren can do it instead.

breakingnews

I don't understand the FG position - they want to speed up the budgetry process to merely oppose it.

spidermom

D'oh...the budget is going to pass anyway!!...FF/Greens have the numbers....

FG are right , unless they push this the current lot could still be there in Feb...before calling an election.

ItsEvolution

D'oh...the budget is going to pass anyway!!...FF/Greens have the numbers....

FG are right , unless they push this the current lot could still be there in Feb...before calling an election.
FG are a bunch of cowards, they want this budget passed so they can blame FF for the next 5 years I hope people see through this

Raketemensch

I don't understand the FG position - they want to speed up the budgetry process to merely oppose it.
On that I don't blame them. FF have dragged the bank rescue out to over 2 years at this stage, stashing money whilst they can. There will be a second Irish famine if FF are allowed spin this out for much longer, I'm not exaggerating. Lenny and the lads couldn't give a f^&% if any number died to line their dirty pockets.

sport02

ugh. I sometimes really hate this website. People bang on about FG not taking the government out. The quicker the budget is either pass or not, the quicker the elections.
But can't one argue that a failed budget, is a failed bailout, FG feel the bailout it treeson, so bring the budget down.
Did FG argue one time the goverment had no mandate to implement any of the four year plan. is FG a party that talks the talk, but afraid to walk the walk.

Congalltee

And to think some Find Gael posters cannot understand why most see FF and FG as two heads of the same beast. They want THIS budget passed. They will facilitate the Dail debate on it, so they can pretend to oppose it. Utterly cynical.

An alternative:-
1. The Greens. They want out now. Look at John Gormley on the news.
2. JHR + ML - they can be bought.
3. Mattie McGrath - can be boxed into a position.
4. Noel Grealish - could cross the floor.

However, some FG'ers think the above is beneath contempt, but what they are saying is they want hhis budget passed.

Barnacle

But can't one argue that a failed budget, is a failed bailout, FG feel the bailout it treeson, so bring the budget down.
Did FG argue one time the goverment had no mandate to implement any of the four year plan. is FG a party that talks the talk, but afraid to walk the walk.

Some sort of Budget needs to be passed regardless of the Bailout, we spending more than we are taking in. The Budget is fundamentally flawed and I would hope the opposition propose more fairer measures. The quicker they get it passed, the quicker the election. Let them sit all December, they cannot conceivably think that they can split up mid December and take a month or so off when the country is going down the drain.

sport02

Some sort of Budget needs to be passed regardless of the Bailout, we spending more than we are taking in. The Budget is fundamentally flawed and I would hope the opposition propose more fairer measures. The quicker they get it passed, the quicker the election. Let them sit all December, they cannot conceivably think that they can split up mid December and take a month or so off when the country is going down the drain.
Come on, the country is not going to fall over the cliff, if we have a budget three weeks later, we have enough cash reserves for that.
FG are aganist the bailout, they have argued that FF have no mandate to implement any of the four year plan, they know the budget can be defeated.

I don't trust FG, I was going to vote for them, but not now, I am only one voter though.

Barnacle

And to think some Find Gael posters cannot understand why most see FF and FG as two heads of the same beast. They want THIS budget passed. They will facilitate the Dail debate on it, so they can pretend to oppose it.

Well we should all be shouting at all our TD's regardless what party they are in because this budget is the worst budget I have ever seen, and I have seen many. The are taking away from the Low to Middle Income earner, the ones who spend and cannot afford for it to be taken while have virtually no affect on the Fat Cats.

hiding behind a poster

And to think some Find Gael posters cannot understand why most see FF and FG as two heads of the same beast. They want THIS budget passed. They will facilitate the Dail debate on it, so they can pretend to oppose it. Utterly cynical.

An alternative:-
1. The Greens. They want out now. Look at John Gormley on the news.
2. JHR + ML - they can be bought.
3. Mattie McGrath - can be boxed into a position.
4. Noel Grealish - could cross the floor.

However, some FG'ers think the above is beneath contempt, but what they are saying is they want hhis budget passed.
How do they "pretend to oppose the Budget"? Walk to the No lobby, then do a legger at the last second?

Sometimes the level of cop-on on this site is beyond parody.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies