Mountfield & The orange order

death or glory

The fact is the order is not allowed to march in the centre of the village for 18 years. What I find shocking is the order has not engaged with the local nationalist representatives to sort out the issue.

Row as Orange Order march banned from Mountfield - Ulster Herald
I know a fella in Mountfield lodge.
For such a reb area it has a vibrant lodge and hosts quite a few events.
The majority of its members are from the rural district around Mountfield and the rebs are trying to disassociate themselves from the local Orange community. Just because they live outside the village 30mph limits does not mean they are any less part of the village.
A pipeband and small parade would not cause any tension, this is just SF trying to stir the pot and increase there vote by showing how Reb and anti-prod they are.

Levellers

The fact that the outsiders won't talk to the people who live in the village tell you everything you need to know.

I'm sure if the 'men who can't stop walking' actually spoke to locals an agreement could be reached. But if you regard the locals as sub-human you ain't walking.

between the bridges

McSlabbers obsession continues....

death or glory

The fact that the outsiders won't talk to the people who live in the village tell you everything you need to know.

I'm sure if the 'men who can't stop walking' actually spoke to locals an agreement could be reached. But if you regard the locals as sub-human you ain't walking.
So the local farmers whose families have lived surrounding the village for maybe 5 generations are considered outsiders, are they.

If they were Rebs and lived 50 miles away they would be welcomed with open arms to protest.

Mounfield is a one horse village and a parade would pass in less than three minutes.

I have been in the pub in Mountfield and the sash was played and there was no problem or issue. The locals are quite tolerant when not being used by political groups for their own agenda.

death or glory

After 18 years, surely it is now traditional not to have a march through the village...:D
Here's the aforementioned Pipe band, playing with that other well known sectarian terrorist organisation "The Boys brigade".
That's really going out of the way to be offended.
[video=youtube;G1YP_S1uQoo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1YP_S1uQoo[/video]

death or glory

blinding

Have the Orange Order thought of Marching Backwards just to confuse People ?

Would anyone know if they were coming or going ?

Se0samh

Here's the aforementioned Pipe band, playing with that other well known sectarian terrorist organisation "The Boys brigade".
That's really going out of the way to be offended.
[video=youtube;G1YP_S1uQoo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1YP_S1uQoo[/video]

You've regaled us for years about being denied your traditional routes....this isn't your tradition any longer, children have been born and grown to their majority since the last parade through this village....seemingly the only unvarying tradition the orange order has, is a demand to march where they're not wanted...

death or glory

You've regaled us for years about being denied your traditional routes....this isn't your tradition any longer, children have been born and grown to their majority since the last parade through this village....seemingly the only unvarying tradition the orange order has, is a demand to march where they're not wanted...
I know how deeply offensive that band is, did you hear the way they played "Abide with me".
It's a cheap political stunt by SF.
A three minute parade through the village would not harm anyone and help community relations.
WHat we need is Respect, Honesty and Integrity.

McSlaggart

So the local farmers whose families have lived surrounding the village for maybe 5 generations are considered outsiders, are they.

Mountfield orange hall traditionally would have taken its members in from Omagh. The motivation was often one of going to such a tiny hall so that you could quickly work your way up the ranks of the Order.

What sort of numbers are in the order in Mountfield today?

death or glory

Mountfield orange hall traditionally would have taken its members in from Omagh. The motivation was often one of going to such a tiny hall so that you could quickly work your way up the ranks of the Order.

What sort of numbers are in the order in Mountfield today?
McTaggart,
You tell me, you are a self-proclaimed expert, you know where the members are from and why they joined.

I have never heard of such crap in all my life, but only to be expected from you.

Don't let the truth stand in the way of a crap story.

I'm wondering do you actually make this up or do people tell you these stories and laugh knowing that you will fall for it.

Newrybhoy

McTaggart,
You tell me, you are a self-proclaimed expert, you know where the members are from and why they joined.

I have never heard of such crap in all my life, but only to be expected from you.

Don't let the truth stand in the way of a crap story.

I'm wondering do you actually make this up or do people tell you these stories and laugh knowing that you will fall for it.
The man told us just yesterday that Paedar Heffron brought his attempted murder on himself for joining the PSNI. He's hardly likely to allow a few Prods in Mountfield.

I'd say McSlaggart is Reality Check on Slugger, the bike drips from him and he is starting to leave the moderate tag behind.

McSlaggart

McTaggart,

I am only stating what Orange men have told me. Are you trying to claim that the order in Mountfield is just made up of people from the farms that surround Mountfield?

McSlaggart

The man told us just yesterday that Paedar Heffron brought his attempted murder on himself for joining the PSNI.

What I actually said the issue for Pedar was that the PSNI had not followed thought on making a correct balance on the membership of the police force by not following up on the 50 : 50 intake in its members.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies