Move over Gender Gap, the IT are pushing the 'Diversity Gap'

Ireland is Different!

Yes, the Irish Times are not content with just fighting on one front for greater female representation in high profile areas of Irish society (not in waste collection, sewer maintenance, abattoirs and areas like that of course). They have opened a new battlegound and called it the Diversity Gap.

Diversity gap: ‘There are no Muslim, Asian or Indian teachers’
Our classrooms are diverse but teachers are generally white, Irish, middle-class women
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/diversity-gap-there-are-no-muslim-asian-or-indian-teachers-1.3219678
Out of a total of 460 students, Halfaoui is the only Muslim in her class and, according to a college pastor, the first they’ve had on campus.
But what took Halfaoui by surprise on her first day was the overall absence of different ethnicities.
“It wasn’t like there were no Muslims or no hijabis. There were no Asians or brown people or Indians,” she says.
At a time when the classroom is growing more diverse – with more enthnicies and nationalities than ever before – the teaching profession remains overwhelmingly white, female and middle-class.
Researchers at NUI Galway who carried out The Diversity in Initial Teacher Education in Ireland research project noted that up to 98 per cent of trainee teachers claim Irish nationality, and more than 95 per cent are “white Irish”.
Conversely, the latest official figures on the Department of Education’s primary online database indicate at least 50,000 children – or one in ten – at primary level are non-Irish, while more than 30,000 have either no religion or a faith other than Catholic....
...Research conducted by The Irish Times in recent years, however, confirms that diversity is growing in the classroom, with children from immigrant backgrounds concentrated in a relatively small number of schools.
In at least 20 schools , for example, more than two-thirds of pupils were from a non-Irish background.
They'll have a few more stories like this soon enough. I'd expect the Gardai to come into the firing line and politics.
The Media...nah, not so much!

So how will the majority of sisters react? They surely won't be happy to see their cosy cartel in teaching exposed and highlighted like this. They've been sitting back enjoying their holidays, hours, pay etc and not a word being said to them about the lack of men in the profession. They felt safe that the IT wold never go after that issue but this is a new angle.
Quotas anyone?

ShoutingIsLeadership

If I was you, I'd concentrate on finding ways to fill the gap between my ears

jmcc

This might result in some unfortunate consequences for the IT as the teaching profession might not be so eager to accept its dictates.

redhead

We're all going to the zoo tomorrow...

jmcc

We're all going to the zoo tomorrow...
It is an interesting subject in that diversity is being pushed as a major concern in other fields. The teaching profession is quite self-contained and it is almost cartel-like in its nature.

GDPR

Bucketfuls of bait here - the well paid sisterhood, the need for more women in hijabs, the Irish Times ...

Good, stinking, wriggling bait. :D

eoghanacht

The world is populated by Chicken lickens, in ye olden days they would have been found wandering pronouncing that the next full moon/eclipse/eathquake/flood was going to be the last one.

In those days they were smart enough to move from place to place now a days we have P.ie.

Catalpast

Bucketfuls of bait here - the well paid sisterhood, the need for more women in hijabs, the Irish Times ...

Waiting for the 39A bus in Blanch SC today

- the first 10 people getting of it were Black schoolboys....

General Urko

While, I would literally defend to the death, anybody's right to wear a hijab, I have a very serious issue with The full gear, Burqa or the rigout with only gause to see through.
One of the reasons is that it has nowt to do with Islam and another is that the gobshyte loser who blew up women, children and gay people after deliberately targeting them with The Manchester Arena Bomb, would undoubtedly have forced his wife, while she was with him to tog out like that!

I lived in a city in Holland which had about a 10% Islamic Population and in my time there, I only ever saw one woman fully togged out in that shyte and that was at the airport and she was flying out!
I travelled extensively in Germany and I never saw it there.

Yet in the space of the last week, I have seen somebody who appeared to be a hospital administrator, she was carrying a file in a maternity unit and a woman in my local Aldi, fully togged out!

And on Saturday, going passed an Indian Restaurant, I saw 3 women, mid 20s, sitting close to the window with a male guardian and they were togged out in white veils, how the fúck do you eat food, dressed like that?

@ the end of the day I'm a working class Irish Man and with due reference to matters such as living in a class based Apartheidal State and very low life expectancies and poor health outcomes for my particular demographic, The golden rule is I Owe Nobody Nothing as they say in the vanacular!

Last edited:

GDPR

You must have had a really rough day, Urko, that was incomprehensible even by your standards.

stopdoingstuff

While I would literally defend b to the death,anybody's right to wear a hijab, I have a very serious issue with The full gear, Burqa or the gause to see through. One of the reasons is that it has nowt to do with Islam and another i that the gobshyte loser who blew up women, children and gay people after deliberately targeting them with The Manchester Arena bomb, would undoubtedly have forced his wife while she was with him to tog out like that!

I lived in a city in Holland which had about a 10% Islamic Population and in my time there, I only ever saw one woman fully togged out in that shyte and that was at the airport and she was flying out!
I travelled extensively in Germany and I never saw it there.

Yet in the space of the last week, I have seen somebody who appeared to be a hospital administrator, she was carrying a file in a maternity unit and a woman in my loical Aldi, fully togged out!

And on Saturday, going passed an Indian Restaurant, I saw 3 women, mid 20s, sitting close to the window with a male guardian and they were togged out in white veils, how the fúck do you eat food, dressed like that?

@ the end of the day I'm a working class Irish man and with due reference to matters such as living in a class based Apartheidal State and very low life expectancies and poor health outcomes for my particular demographic, The golden rule is I Owe Nobody Nothing as they say in the vanacular!
As a flasher I expect to be met at least half-way. This burka stuff is just cheating.

Betson

When are the IT going to go after their own profession for a lack of diversity?

General Urko

When are the IT going to go after their own profession for a lack of diversity?
They are of course, exempt!
In fairness, in a nod to fighting the class based Apartheidal nature of our society, they do have a token Knack in Tintain!
And a token redkneck buffoon in Mickey Hardon!
And didn't they used to have a crusty in Waters!
petunia

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies