Move over moon, Venus is here ...

ger12

We had the big bright moon not so long ago.

Now we're gonna be treated to Venus.

Venus will be 100 times brighter than the brightest star and visible to the naked eye.

“But just to the upper left of Venus is another less bright ‘object’ which is in fact the planet Mars. So, there are three celestial bodies in close alignment tonight making the event even more remarkable.” David Moore, the editor of Astronomy Ireland magazine.

"Tomorrow night at 7pm, a special watch is being organised by Astronomy Ireland to show all three objects (the moon, Venus and Mars) up close in telescopes that can show nearly a million times more detail than the human eye can see.
The telescope will be set up for the public free of charge, and will be based at Astronomy Ireland’s headquarters."
The planet Venus will be getting very close to us tonight

Go on, get up off your arse ...

gerhard dengler

The night sky is very clear here and I can see a very bright star just to the right of a crescent Moon.

I presume that object is planet Venus? Yep, it's Venus.

Ellen Ripley

Yes, it's lovely, I noticed Venus looking very bright a few nights ago, close to just a sliver of Moon.

Lempo

It has been there for weeks now? I've been watching this kind of bright star-like thingy that appears on the western sky when dark comes and starts moving to my left I think.

I'm about 61st parallel north.

D

Deleted member 45466

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

ger12

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"
Are you feeling OK old boy?

ger12

Super.

New Threads

Most Replies