" Mrs Foster : "deal with the fatal flaws in the Withdrawal Agreement"

McSlaggart

Mrs Foster rejected the Secretary of State's claims, saying: "This letter fails to deal with the fatal flaws in the Withdrawal Agreement.

"Indeed, it doesn't even address the flaws raised by the Attorney General.

"Rather than writing letters or sending a roadshow to NI for 90 minutes, I would prefer the PM would go to Brussels and stand up to the EU and seek fundamental changes to the Withdrawal Agreement," Mrs Foster said.

"This deal breaches key commitments made to us, by the Prime Minister, about protecting the economic and constitutional integrity of the United Kingdom.

"The Chancellor says the backstop is bad for the economy and Union.

"The PM doesn't like it and the Attorney General has warned Cabinet that it's a trap.

"Unionists in Northern Ireland and throughout the UK are united against this dangerous deal.

"This letter won't fool anyone who has read the Withdrawal Treaty."

PMs deal is fatally flawed and has to be renegotiated, insists DUP leader - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

renegotiating Brexit deal is 'a delusion"

PH

[video=youtube;sullmpiQd58]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=sullmpiQd58[/video]

Euronews on the topic

[video=youtube;27SpSFmrr3M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27SpSFmrr3M[/video]

death or glory

great OP.
Copy and paste at its finest.

McSlaggart

great OP.
Copy and paste at its finest.
I posted the DUP position and examples of how the British Chancellor of the Exchequer in the House of commons totally disagrees with them. I also provided evidence of the EU clearly stating that they are not going to offer any more talks.

FYI

[video=youtube;jXYD3Vtkbkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXYD3Vtkbkc[/video]

Mickeymac

I posted the DUP position and examples of how the British Chancellor of the Exchequer in the House of commons totally disagrees with them. I also provided evidence of the EU clearly stating that they are not going to offer any more talks.

FYI

[video=youtube;jXYD3Vtkbkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXYD3Vtkbkc[/video]

Wasting your time talking sir, the British are publicly talking of a Norway plus deal.........something the Norwegian government ruled out only yesterday.......I sh1t you not and am quite serious.:roflmao:

fifilawe

AF could not organize a P***up is a brewery and can't get 6 independent fiefdoms in Norn Iron to co-operate on a Micky Mouse legislature assembly of Fear and Loathing , so I don't see how she should expect an incompetent bunch of rich self-serving b**** in WM to be able to improve her lot and govern the "ungovernable".

Fr. Ted Crilly

What's that you say - de-facto border between Ireland as a whole and Britain in the Irish Sea???

Hahahahaha
LOL.
Watch it, he'll be calling you homophobic for pointing out that he's loyal to a queen......

death or glory

Looks like Simon Coveny foreign minister is starting to realise that a no deal Brexit is quite likely and they will have to enforce a hard border.
Up in Belfast today to get the reality.
I foresee an Eire back down as imminent.

mac tíre

Looks like Simon Coveny foreign minister is starting to realise that a no deal Brexit is quite likely and they will have to enforce a hard border.
No need to. The British are getting their shíts kicked in in all of this. By themselves.

Mickeymac

No need to. The British are getting their shíts kicked in in all of this. By themselves.

That together with the fact their government, opposition parties and their Joe public are deeply divided in all of this......all caused by a small number of greedy Tories who dread the new European tax laws they are introducing this year which will curtail their tax avoidance and the 10 bigots of the DUP who simply detest anything Catholic/Irish/equality forall.

Disgusting and pathetic, Ireland and the EU need to take a stronger line with these AH's who appear to be intent on a scorched Earth policy.

death or glory

raetsel

:lol:
On the one side you have a country which is torn apart over Brexit, and cannot get a majority in parliament for any single option, or any route out of the mess they have gotten themselves into. On the other side you have a grouping of 27 nations with a remarkable unity of purpose, who have never blinked throughout the withdrawal negotiations, who have never even remotely shown that they are likely to crack.
Who do you think is going to win that one, DOG?

raetsel

Those are the boys who will make Eire have a hard border when there is no deal.
A hard border is not your friend, DOG.
The DUP have become turkeys voting for Christmas as they steer us toward a no-deal Brexit | The Independent
A year ago, I wrote that DUP support for Brexit would only accelerate Irish reunification, and that prediction has proven to be true. A survey last week by Lucid Talk for The Times had the most dramatic findings yet.

If we leave the EU under the terms of May’s deal, 48 per cent of people in Northern Ireland would likely vote to join a united Ireland. If we leave with no deal – with that dreaded hard border looming – that figure jumps to 55 per cent.
Ignore these opinion polls at your peril. :)

recedite

Wasting your time talking sir, the British are publicly talking of a Norway plus deal.........something the Norwegian government ruled out only yesterday.......I sh1t you not and am quite serious.:roflmao:
Norway does not have any say in the matter.
Norway only gets a say in a deal between Norway and the EU.

Roll_On

Ireland has no motivation to back down, nothing to gain.