" Mrs Foster : "deal with the fatal flaws in the Withdrawal Agreement"

Mickeymac

Norway does not have any say in the matter.
Norway only gets a say in a deal between Norway and the EU.

Don't shoot the messenger pal, simply quoting the crap presented to the press and public by these loons who appear to be holding Britain to ransom.

AhNowStop

:lol:
On the one side you have a country which is torn apart over Brexit, and cannot get a majority in parliament for any single option, or any route out of the mess they have gotten themselves into. On the other side you have a grouping of 27 nations with a remarkable unity of purpose, who have never blinked throughout the withdrawal negotiations, who have never even remotely shown that they are likely to crack.
Who do you think is going to win that one, DOG?
Deep down I think even the dog has the brain power to work this one out :unsure: lol

AhNowStop

Norway does not have any say in the matter.
Norway only gets a say in a deal between Norway and the EU.
I believe MM may be talking about the EFTA ... Norway have said they dont want the UK in it.

AhNowStop

Ah Doggie, Theresa just pushed you in front of the Bus and you didn't even notice.
ah sure being under the bus will be no problem to the dog, wasnt he the first 9 yo bomb disposal expert and is well used to be under vehicles of all sorts :eek2: :laugh: lol

JacquesHughes

What happens if there is 'no deal' on 30-3-2019

Maybe should have it's own thread.

My answer would be: there'll be furious dealing to put together an alternative deal, which will either be ...indistinguishable from the current one, or the Norway model ( no plus, no say, contribute danegeld as per-usual), or Canada ( which has been in place for about a year and took ten years to negotiate is scarcely different to no deal).

And of course the food-aid shipments to the UK.

Roll_On

We'll see how it goes on Tuesday. Failing that....second referendum seems the only way to avoid no deal.

If no deal happens, I think there'll be a bunch of small emergency deals to keep planes flying, etc. but it'll still be a disaster. Food and Energy security in the UK will be severely pushed, riots won't be far behind.

belfast1981

We'll see how it goes on Tuesday. Failing that....second referendum seems the only way to avoid no deal.

If no deal happens, I think there'll be a bunch of small emergency deals to keep planes flying, etc. but it'll still be a disaster. Food and Energy security in the UK will be severely pushed, riots won't be far behind.
I see that happening. Vote will no doubt fail, if it passes I think everyone will be very surprised.

May has 3 days to present a 'Plan B' which will no doubt be an extension of Article 50 to allow a 2nd vote... May's deal or Revoke Article 50 on the ballot.

No way the UK Government and opposition will even allow 'No Deal' on the ballot.

Only other choice is call a general election which Labour want. But it is far too close to Brexit day to make any meaningful impact.

hollandia

I see that happening. Vote will no doubt fail, if it passes I think everyone will be very surprised.

May has 3 days to present a 'Plan B' which will no doubt be an extension of Article 50 to allow a 2nd vote... May's deal or Revoke Article 50 on the ballot.

No way the UK Government and opposition will even allow 'No Deal' on the ballot.

Only other choice is call a general election which Labour want. But it is far too close to Brexit day to make any meaningful impact.
Indeed. I think thirty working days are required from capping a general election to it taking place, which if it happened on the 19th January would mean the earliest possible election would be 1st March.

Newrybhoy

Totally opposed to a second referendum but......

If you want to sort it, two things on the ballot Mays deal or No deal.

Brexit has already been approved by the British people, the manner of leaving is all that is to be decided.

derryman

Indeed. I think thirty working days are required from capping a general election to it taking place, which if it happened on the 19th January would mean the earliest possible election would be 1st March.
How would this election that Cornyn wants actually work. Will one of the parties campaign for a no deal Brexit , another for Mays deal. Will they draw lots to see who gets to campaign for which?

hollandia

How would this election that Cornyn wants actually work. Will one of the parties campaign for a no deal Brexit , another for Mays deal. Will they draw lots to see who gets to campaign for which?
I suspect that if an election is called labour will move to an "extend for second vote platform."

SPN

Why do you hate democracy?

Brexit has already been approved by the British people, the manner of leaving is all that is to be decided.
You have it backwards.

The people voted for May's deal.

A second ballot should be to ask people if they still want it now that they can see the detail.

TweetyBird

I agree with this. At this stage, it would not be good for either the EU or the UK to remain in the union. Both need time apart to get their houses in order.

raetsel

You have a very narrow view of how democracy works. Are you seriously suggesting that people don't have a right to change their minds?

londonpride

Once again, the brit state is the laughing stock of the world...
A laughing stock of what world, are you talking about tribal Africa where democracy has never existed irrespective of the so called elections held there, where women are second class citizens and slavery exists
South America where millions are trying to escape from drug dealers and criminal gangs all heading for the US border to freedom.
Asia , where most countries are dictatorships where minorities are treated with total contempt and enslaved.
Looks like Britain has the backing of the commonwealth countries who are lining up for trade deals

What world are you talking about.
All the British are trying to do is resolve an issue from the result of the most stupid question ever asked of the people ,in which the result backfired on the conservative party. Just a glitch in a democratic system which can happen in any country that endorses democracy.

How are you going to describe a result if the republics government demand a Poll on Unification and it's defeated.