" Mrs Foster : "deal with the fatal flaws in the Withdrawal Agreement"

Newrybhoy

You have a very narrow view of how democracy works. Are you seriously suggesting that people don't have a right to change their minds?
We had a referendum the choice was to leave.

Had it been to remain there would not have been a word about it. But the EU have form here as we all know. The UK should not be as easily manipulated.

In 30 years if the people want to join the EU, ask them again.

It the politicians were to renege on the people's vote to leave, it would be a very dangerous move for democracy in the U.K. It could lead to never seen before levels of street violence all because the political elite are in hoc to Brussels.

raetsel

Had it been to remain there would not have been a word about it. But the EU have form here as we all know. The UK should not be as easily manipulated.

In 30 years if the people want to join the EU, ask them again.

It the politicians were to renege on the people's vote to leave, it would be a very dangerous move for democracy in the U.K. It could lead to never seen before levels of street violence all because the political elite are in hoc to Brussels.
Democracy was undermined by the behaviour of the Leave campaign, who told various lies and some of their organisers are now the subject of criminal investigations as a result of overspending, but of course none of that remotely concerns you. Cheating is fine with you as long as your side wins apparently. And once you've won, you want to dispense with the need for further exercises in democracy, and deny people the right to change their minds in order to avoid disaster.

Brexit: Leave ‘very likely’ won EU referendum due to illegal overspending, says Oxford professor’s evidence to High Court | The Independent
Brexit: Vote Leave broke electoral law, says Electoral Commission - BBC News

I don't think the threat of violence from raggedy-arsed criminal thugs like Tommy Robinson scares anyone, except possibly you. :)

McSlaggart

The EU played a straight bat in its dealings with the UK. The UK to this day still does not know what deal it wants.

Newrybhoy

Democracy was undermined by the behaviour of the Leave campaign, who told various lies and some of their organisers are now the subject of criminal investigations as a result of overspending, but of course none of that remotely concerns you. Cheating is fine with you as long as your side wins apparently. And once you've won, you want to dispense with the need for further exercises in democracy, and deny people the right to change their minds in order to avoid disaster.

Brexit: Leave ‘very likely’ won EU referendum due to illegal overspending, says Oxford professor’s evidence to High Court | The Independent
Brexit: Vote Leave broke electoral law, says Electoral Commission - BBC News

I don't think the threat of violence from raggedy-arsed criminal thugs like Tommy Robinson scares anyone, except possibly you. :)
If a UI referendum were to win will there be further referenda until the result is changed?

SPN

If a UI referendum were to win will there be further referenda until the result is changed?
It's not about changing the result.

It's about confirming the result.

The people voted for Brexit.

May's deal is Brexit.

People should be consulted to see if they still want it now that the details have been worked out.

recedite

Democracy was undermined by the behaviour of the Leave campaign, who told various lies and some of their organisers are now the subject of criminal investigations as a result of overspending..
Campaigns are only campaigns. They are only marketing.
Come back to us when you have evidence of some actual vote rigging.

Mickeymac

Campaigns are only campaigns. They are only marketing.
Come back to us when you have evidence of some actual vote rigging.

Fair comment, but, what can one do when the State destroys evidence like they done with the Loughlinisland mass murder collusion debacle, that btw, is only one example, investigative journalists and human rights groupings across the World have uncovered many more pal.

AhNowStop

:roll: It shouldn’t need explaining but there’s a massive difference in those two scenarios ... the minutiae of a UI will be developed and clarified “before” a border poll takes place .... no comparison to the idiotic leave / remain EU referendum where no one had a clue what the detail would be ... we’re still trying to find out ffs

People should get the chance to vote again if and when new information presents itself ... that’s what “democracy” is

Mickeymac

No doubt about it ,,, a UI is closer than ever and it’s all down to the arrogance and bigotry of the DUP crackpots... lovely stuff :)

Next time I speak to Gerry, I shall be demanding a crocodile statue to be erected at City Hall plus all councillors to be wearing gator clothes (Le COq) at meetings.:roflmao:

londonpride

No doubt about it ,,, a UI is closer than ever and it’s all down to the arrogance and bigotry of the DUP crackpots... lovely stuff :)
As has been said before the DUP are followers of a Poof who was nailed to a cross 2000 years ago . Surely you don't expect them to act in a civilized manner. Burning women , like witch burning is more in tune with their thinking

Newrybhoy

As has been said before the DUP are followers of a Poof who was nailed to a cross 2000 years ago . Surely you don't expect them to act in a civilized manner. Burning women , like witch burning is more in tune with their thinking
Whilst SF/IRA burn them in hotels.

Very civilised indeed.

SideysGhost

Whilst SF/IRA burn them in hotels.

Very civilised indeed.
I have to ask. Are you actually on the old autism spectrum? A touch of Asperger's or similar, perhaps? Or are you, like Trump, simply elderly and senile?

I ask because pretty much every single post by you seems to be beamed in from the 1970s.

You are by no means alone in having this affliction on p.ie. It has always fascinated me. What is it about the 1970s that so many p.ie loons adopt it as their psychological and political "safe space"? What is the attraction of the 1970s, specifically, for disturbed right-wing reactionaries? It's all very odd.

Newrybhoy

I have to ask. Are you actually on the old autism spectrum? A touch of Asperger's or similar, perhaps? Or are you, like Trump, simply elderly and senile?

I ask because pretty much every single post by you seems to be beamed in from the 1970s.

You are by no means alone in having this affliction on p.ie. It has always fascinated me. What is it about the 1970s that so many p.ie loons adopt it as their psychological and political "safe space"? What is the attraction of the 1970s, specifically, for disturbed right-wing reactionaries? It's all very odd.
Yet your people elect the perpetrators and the advocates of the perpetrators.

Whenever republicanism moves on from its bloody past,people might stop having to remind you about it.

Trying to rewrite history won't go unchallenged.

McSlaggart

SideysGhost

Yet your people elect the perpetrators and the advocates of the perpetrators.

Whenever republicanism moves on from its bloody past,people might stop having to remind you about it.

Trying to rewrite history won't go unchallenged.
Errrrr OK if this unhinged gibberish is anything to go by I think I'll settle for the "senile dementia" explanation for your bizarre and incoherent nutter posts that are all 40+ years out of date.