MSNBC host's "man crush" on Obama is criticised

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Seems straight male news anchors are being accused of swooning over Obama
CNN
Media critic blasts Chris Matthews' 'man crush' on Obama

It has become one of MSNBC host Chris Matthew's most infamous lines of the 2008 presidential election: "I felt this thrill going up my leg," Matthews said the night Obama resoundingly defeated rival Hillary Clinton in the Virginia and Maryland Democratic primaries.

"That's not commentary, that's a man-crush," Goldberg declared on CNN's Reliable Sources Sunday.
Goldberg, the author of the new book “A Slobbering Love Affair,” credits the media coverage of the 2008 presidential election for ultimately resulting in Barack Obama's victory.
Have we ever seen serious political fighting over an issue like this in Ireland ?

cYp

East Coast Elitist

Chris Matthews is just odd...he's hard to watch no matter what the issue or personality is being discussed. The NYTimes did a good profile of him last year before the general election:

The Aria of Chris Matthews

The whole "media in the tank for Obama" song is a whole other story. Jonah Goldberg is such a tool.

Question R24U

Seems straight male news anchors are being accused of swooning over Obama

Have we ever seen serious political fighting over an issue like this in Ireland ?

cYp
As dick spring said to richard bruton, you are in danger of becoming an overnight success. Richard is a sound, level headed economist. He is not the saviour of the nation as portrayed in the media and nor does he have the gift of seeing into the future (as shown by his own purchase of anglo and all other bank shares).

Now Gilmore is becoming a hero for us. Because unusually, and in contrast with the fg leader, we know what he says he would do in goverment. Gilmore won't be asking 'but comma are you happy'.gilmore talks proper.

The only media spat i can think which comes close to the above, is fine gael's complaint about charlie bird being embedded with bertie's campaign during the 97 election.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Russia's Lavrov: "So Many Pussies" On Both Sides Of U.S. Presidential Campaign | Video | RealClearPolitics
AMANPOUR: Can I just try one last question? One last question. A bit cheeky but I'm going to ask you. Russia had its own Pussy Riot moment. What do you think of Donald Trump’s pussy riot moment?

LAVROV: Well, I don't know what this would… English is not my mother tongue, I don't know if I would sound decent. There are so many pussies around the presidential campaign on both sides that I prefer not to comment on this.
cyp

Most Replies