Mueller's Investigation of Trump on the ropes.Chart the unravelling here (Second Thread)

O'Sullivan Bere

FFS...

During a 90-minute classified briefing with lawmakers on Thursday, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin reportedly offered no credible answers when asked to defend his decision to lift sanctions on companies with links to Russian billionaire Oleg Deripaska, who just so happens to be Putin’s buddy and Paul Manafort’s former paymaster. . . . .When pressed on critical questions, the secretary was “unresponsive,” . . .

Probably the best moment of the briefing, though, came when Mnuchin—who has stonewalled Democratic inquiries into potentially suspicious financial dealings of the president, his family, and his campaign associates—told the assembled group that when it comes to the reasoning behind lifting sanctions on Deripaska’s companies, lawmakers should simply “trust” the administration.
MNUCHIN TELLS DEMOCRATS TO JUST “TRUST” TRUMP ON RUSSIA - Vanity Fair

toastedheretic

O'Sullivan Bere

At this stage Id have been amazed if such was not the case as I assume must the top brass former and present day within the admin..
How does surveilance work with POTUS , SS etc?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Gotta tell ya, it's uncharted territory. Never before has the problem with Soviet/Russian assets been with a POTUS and his apparatus with a Cult of Personality beholden and corrupted party (Russia infiltrated NRA etc).

Very quietly I'm sure and unfortunately in ways the rules ordinarily don't permit because they presume the foxes aren't in charge of the henhouse. The POTUS usually has access to such material for example and we have already seen what Trump's appointments are like and the Devin Nunes types do to cover and tip off the POTUS, etc.

toastedheretic

Gotta tell ya, it's uncharted territory. Never before has the problem with Soviet/Russian assets been with a POTUS and his apparatus with a puppet party. Very quietly I'm sure and unfortunately in ways the rules ordinarily don't permit because they presume the foxes aren't in charge of the henhouse. The POTUS usually has access to such material for example and we have already seen what Trump's appointments are like and the Devin Nunes types do to cover and tip off the POTUS, etc.
Remember this?
https://hillreporter.com/putin-ally-tweeted-brennans-security-revocation-two-days-before-the-white-house-knew-about-it-5882

At time it was parsed as ironic advice, if memory serves..

corporal punishment

I don't know. But it doesn't sound like a big deal. Manafort had loads of those sort of contacts courtesy of his work in the Ukraine. Why do you think he might have been doing that? Now how can Steele's dossier not be considered Russian collusion when it was financed by Clinton, Dems, and eventually FBI to gather dirt on Trump from Russian players?
When the FBI become so alarmed at the behaviour of POTUS that they open a counter intelligence investigation into his links with an enemy power, you know he's been up to something. He's probably going to jail. We're in uncharted waters as we've never seen a POTUS quite like this guy. He's no Eisenhower and the GOP will drop him and run for cover as soon as he's indicted.

Wagmore

FBI reportedly opened inquiry into whether Trump was working for Russia - Guardian

Of course, Sochi Sarah and Rostov Rudy offer up the comical propaganda alternative facts...

More absolute insanity. Firstly, article is New York times---a discredited Trump hating rag. Finally, look at the FBI lawyer quoted in article, Lisa Page, Mr Trump stopping "Insurance Policy" Strzok's shag-buddy. Of course, these FBI slimeballs started an investigation. They'd just lost Leaking Comey and their asses were hanging in the wind.They're both no longer in FBI--dishonourably discharged. Shameful mudslinging article. Shows how desperate these scum are. Back to the drawing board bozos.

Wagmore

When the FBI become so alarmed at the behaviour of POTUS that they open a counter intelligence investigation into his links with an enemy power, you know he's been up to something. He's probably going to jail. We're in uncharted waters as we've never seen a POTUS quite like this guy. He's no Eisenhower and the GOP will drop him and run for cover as soon as he's indicted.
Fake News.

Wagmore

owedtojoy

More absolute insanity. Firstly, article is New York times---a discredited Trump hating rag. Finally, look at the FBI lawyer quoted in article, Lisa Page, Mr Trump stopping "Insurance Policy" Strzok's shag-buddy. Of course, these FBI slimeballs started an investigation. They'd just lost Leaking Comey and their asses were hanging in the wind.They're both no longer in FBI--dishonourably discharged. Shameful mudslinging article. Shows how desperate these scum are. Back to the drawing board bozos.
NYT missed the story of century, and the Russian link to Trump was never fully explored by the US media - they fell into the trap of chasing a bullsh!t story about e-mail servers.

[TWEET]1083918687692742657[/TWEET]

NYT never explained why and how it missed what was staring it in the face, while publishing bullsh!t stories about Clinton - the worst journalistic disaster of the 21th century since US media swallowed Bush WMD lies in 2003.

toastedheretic

Trump Derangement Fever reaching new heights today. Am starting to wonder whether syndrome might be terminal with extreme addlement the ultimate symptom.
LOL, whatevs.....will almost miss the daily insight we get into the crazed ,frothing imaginings of the Irish altright...
I suspect yer not for these parts much longer, not in those socks @ any rate..

Wagmore

LOL, whatevs.....will almost miss the daily insight we get into the crazed ,frothing imaginings of the Irish altright...
I suspect yer not for these parts much longer, not in those socks @ any rate..

Don't address content whatever you do--Lisa Page ---Agent Strzok's shag-buddy FFS. Deceitful journalism by NYT-big surprise. FBI riddled with bias at that stage

Wagmore

NYT missed the story of century, and the Russian link to Trump was never fully explored by the US media - they fell into the trap of chasing a bullsh!t story about e-mail servers.

NYT never explained why and how it missed what was staring it in the face, while publishing bullsh!t stories about Clinton - the worst journalistic disaster of the 21th century since US media swallowed Bush WMD lies in 2003.
OK, nutbar central now. There is no clear link with Russia. Your wishful ravings will not change that

Dreaded_Estate

Don't address content whatever you do--Lisa Page ---Agent Strzok's shag-buddy FFS. Deceitful journalism by NYT-big surprise. FBI riddled with bias at that stage
You still haven't addressed why you think Manafort was sharing campaign related information with Russian intelligence

Wagmore

"NYT is great." Vicious take-down by Nate.

Wagmore

You still haven't addressed why you think Manafort was sharing campaign related information with Russian intelligence
Yes I did. I said I don't know but it doesn't sound like a big deal. Manafort had extensive contacts in Ukraine

toastedheretic

Packed in the psychadelics years ago head....

Dreaded_Estate

Yes I did. I said I don't know but it doesn't sound like a big deal. Manafort had extensive contacts in Ukraine
The campaign manager sharing campaign information with Russian intelligence at the same time as Russian intelligence are actively trying to influence the election doesn't seem like a big deal to you?
Do you think it even warrants further examination to determine if Manafort was doing anything underhand?

Do you not think it is somewhat unusual?

Sync

But he had loads of Ukraine contacts! You know: the Russian linked ones that helped him illegally move around millions of dollars. That’s ok right?