• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Mueller's Investigation of Trump on the ropes.Chart the unravelling here (Second Thread)

Dame_Enda

Former Nixon WH Counsel and Watergate whistleblower John Dean testifying at 14 mins in below. Dems trying to draw parallels despite the two cases being very different.

GabhaDubh

Durham is going to have some fun with characters.

“Further, in its original FISA application and subequent renewals, the FBI told the FISA court that it "did not believe" Steele was the direct source for a Yahoo News article implicating Page in Russian collusion. Instead, the FBI suggested to the court, the September 2016 article by Michael Isikoff was independent corroboration of the dossier.

But London court records show that contrary to the FBI's assessments, Steele briefed Yahoo News and other reporters in the fall of 2016 at the direction of Fusion GPS”

I wonder who was pushing Fusion?

Wagmore

Durham is going to have some fun with characters.

“Further, in its original FISA application and subequent renewals, the FBI told the FISA court that it "did not believe" Steele was the direct source for a Yahoo News article implicating Page in Russian collusion. Instead, the FBI suggested to the court, the September 2016 article by Michael Isikoff was independent corroboration of the dossier.

But London court records show that contrary to the FBI's assessments, Steele briefed Yahoo News and other reporters in the fall of 2016 at the direction of Fusion GPS”

I wonder who was pushing Fusion?
The plot continues to thicken. Perp walks imminent----Clapper, Comey, Brennan. All in serious self-inflicted treasonous doo doo

GabhaDubh

The plot continues to thicken. Perp walks imminent----Clapper, Comey, Brennan. All in serious self-inflicted treasonous doo doo
Sadly the whole system needs correcting. Nellie Ohr of Fusion GPS and Steele Dossier infamy, her husband Bruce Ohr SA FBI who was demoted for conflict of interests, FOIA documents show that the year he was demoted received a bonus payment of $45,250.00. Not bad for screwing up. Wink, wink.

Dame_Enda

Trump has just told George Stephanopoulus in an interview in the Oval Office that he probably would use "dirt" on 2020 election rivals even if provided by Russia or China. Said there's nothing wrong with it, and that is "oppa research" (short for opposition research).

GabhaDubh

Trump has just told George Stephanopoulus in an interview in the Oval Office that he probably would use "dirt" on 2020 election rivals even if provided by Russia or China. Said there's nothing wrong with it, and that is "oppa research" (short for opposition research).
Has to put fear into the Biden/Chinese shenanigans.

petaljam

Here's a link to that statement by the chair of the Federal Election Commission about candidates accepting aid from foreign interests.

Still, I expect the usual fan club* on here will insist that the US constitution is also "fake news".

* Because it really is a fan club, like a bunch of screaming teens who just adore their own idol and hate all the others. There is no real political thought, no analysis of anything he does or says, it's little more than "Yay! yay! Our guy, yay!"

What's more surprising to me is the utter spinelessness of the GOP to show any sign of requiring even a minimum of ethical behaviour from someone who is supposed to represent them and indeed the country.

A Voice

Here's a link to that statement by the chair of the Federal Election Commission about candidates accepting aid from foreign interests.

Still, I expect the usual fan club* on here will insist that the US constitution is also "fake news".

* Because it really is a fan club, like a bunch of screaming teens who just adore their own idol and hate all the others. There is no real political thought, no analysis of anything he does or says, it's little more than "Yay! yay! Our guy, yay!"

What's more surprising to me is the utter spinelessness of the GOP to show any sign of requiring even a minimum of ethical behaviour from someone who is supposed to represent them and indeed the country.
So you disapprove of commissioning a report from a foreign espionage agent and using the false claims it contains from other foreign sources to undermine a presidential campaign?

Jack Walsh

Trump's monumental howler on admitting he would happily let Russian goons come in and dig him out again, unlike the vast majority of his daily fu*k ups is going to really hurt him even among his most ardent reamers.
This one is going to run.

It will also help Dem candidates, especially likes of Biden who would be perceived as old school play it by the book.
Even Republicans would accept if some Russian stooges came to Biden with dirt, he's kick their holes out the door and have teh Feds arrest them
And all bar the most mental and simple of GOP supporters would wholeheartedly support him doing just that.

Dems have the high ground on this for sure
Gore got sent Bush's debate note and went straight to Feds with it, there is even no suggestion that any foreign power landed it with him.
But
Trump has now said he would take dirt from any source and use it, and in turn see no obligation to inform the FBI even if the source was a known enemy and threat to America.
Just biblical level recklessness and criminality, and what's more, it's all in plain sight, the guy is proud of it

Trump is gone full Mafia
"yeh, the Russians had dirt, I know they are our enemies, but dirt is dirt, you take it and use it. You never run to the cops, no way"

Note how often he now says
"Hey, come on, gimme a break you'd do the same..."

"Hey, I know strictly speaking as a 72 year old married man, I shouldn't be looking to try bang an 18 year old, but jeez look at the f*ckin ass on her, don't tell me you wouldn't.."

etc

Last edited:

Wagmore

Get bleedin real-I've exposed your basic lack of understanding of US politics on a couple of occasions so don't come around here spouting about a lack of "thought and analysis" in others when your own "analysis" doesn't stretch beyond "Trump is just so mean and just sooooo bad.....

Wagmore

Trump's monumental howler on admitting he would happily let Russian goons come in and dig him out again, unlike the vast majority of his daily fu*k ups is going to really hurt him even among his most ardent reamers.

It will also help Dem candidates, especially likes of Biden who would be perceived as old school play it by the book.
Even Republicans would accept if some Russian stooges came to Biden with dirt, he's kick their holes out the door and have teh Feds arrest them
And all bar the most mental and simple of GOP supporters would wholeheartedly support him doing just that.

Gore got sent Bush's debate note and went straight to Feds with it, there is even no suggestion that any foreign power landed it with him.
But
Trump has now said he would take dirt from any source and use it, and in turn see no obligation to inform the FBI even if the source was a known enemy and threat to America.
Just biblical level recklessness and criminality, and what's more, it's all in plain sight, the guy is proud of it

Trump is gone full Mafia
"yeh, the Russians had dirt, I know they are our enemies, but dirt is dirt, you take it and use it. You never run to the cops, no way"

"Hey, I know strictly speaking as a 72 year old married man, I shouldn't be looking to try bang an 18 year old, but jeez look at the f*ckin ass on her, don't tell me you wouldn't.."

etc
Yet another ball of smoke designed to divert attention from the results of the real investigation coming down the tracks like a runaway Democrat destroying locomotive.

Wagmore

But

Trump is gone full Mafia

etc
Re-that last nutzo paragraph? Might be time for another stint in Analogy Rehab.

Wagmore

So you disapprove of commissioning a report from a foreign espionage agent and using the false claims it contains from other foreign sources to undermine a presidential campaign?
Petaljam won't know what you're talking about. Hence the silence. Hey Petaljam, you were talking about a lack of "analysis" What are your thoughts on the Democrat -funded Steele dossier and how it was used to undermine Trump's candidacy? Didn't think so.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies