Multiple fatalities feared in Washington State train derailment

Wascurito

Many people are feared dead after an Amtrak passenger train ploughed off a bridge near Tacoma, Washington State and crashed onto a busy motorway below during rush hour. Apparently, this was one of the first runs of a new high-speed service from Seattle to Portland.

Of course, this may not be related but only yesterday, there was a report on CNN about how the USA's road and bridge infrastructure is badly in need of repair and nearly 60,000 bridges across the country are rated as structurally unsafe.

Degeneration X

Many people are feared dead after an Amtrak passenger train ploughed off a bridge near Tacoma, Washington State and crashed onto a busy motorway below during rush hour. Apparently, this was one of the first runs of a new high-speed service from Seattle to Portland.

Of course, this may not be related but only yesterday, there was a report on CNN about how the USA's road and bridge infrastructure is badly in need of repair and nearly 60,000 bridges across the country are rated as structurally unsafe.
Very sad especially so close to X-mas, my heart goes out to the families of the victims and the injured.

Wascurito

Very sad especially so close to X-mas, my heart goes out to the families of the victims and the injured.
Social media are reporting three dead and 77 injured. Of course, even one death is a tragedy but if these first reports are accurate, it mightn't be as bad as first feared.

ruserious

The "so sad especially so close to Christmas" line which we hear a lot of around this time of year makes me sick.

Wascurito

The engine is still on the track. Pretty much all the other carriages came off.

Wascurito

From Twitter:
"Donald J. Trump‏ - Cúntas deimhnithe
 @realDonaldTrump
The train accident that just occurred in DuPont, WA shows more than ever why our soon to be submitted infrastructure plan must be approved quickly. Seven trillion dollars spent in the Middle East while our roads, bridges, tunnels, railways (and more) crumble! Not for long!

18:41 - 18 Noll 2017
"

gleeful

From Twitter:
"Donald J. Trump‏ - Cúntas deimhnithe
 @realDonaldTrump
The train accident that just occurred in DuPont, WA shows more than ever why our soon to be submitted infrastructure plan must be approved quickly. Seven trillion dollars spent in the Middle East while our roads, bridges, tunnels, railways (and more) crumble! Not for long!

18:41 - 18 Noll 2017
"
In office nearly a year and nothing to show for it. Tired of winning I guess.

Wascurito

He's getting hammered on Twitter for that and for his tax cuts for the rich which people say will leave LESS money for infrastructure spending.

PC Principle

Nothing?

For all the time you stalk President Trump you really have no clue about his first year do ya.

Wascurito

It doesn't look good for the driver. He was going at 80mph in a 30moh zone.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies