Murderer Catherine Nevin Dies

silverharp

Better drive a stake through her heart just to be sure

Betson

Joe Duffy and Paul Reynolds gave a very glowing tributes to her on Duffy's show , after listening to it i thought she might be in line for a state funeral.

Joe met her a few years ago in the Women's prison library which she ran , Joe was very impressed with her and thought she was a lovely person and Reynolds tells us she never caused an once of trouble while she in prison.

Some chap ringing in now though to remind Joe that she was not only a murderer but one with zero remorse and a pathological liar as well.

flavirostris

She came across as hard as nails. Someone having an iron heart

GDPR

What always struck me was the sheer number of civil actions and criminal appeals she launched after her conviction which were ruled wholly contrary to logic and commonsense.

I have a vague memory of one Justice saying "this court has entertained you with a patience that has perhaps been excessive."

Legalese for "WTF am I listening to here?"

Betson

Did she lose all rights to his inheritance? isn't there some bizarre rule in Irish law that states even if you were involved in the murder of a spouse it still does not rule you out of inheriting their assets.

I remember a case a couple of years ago where a chap in Dublin was convicted of the Murder/Manslaughter of his wife and he still ended up getting all the property etc.

artfoley56

I remember a case a couple of years ago where a chap in Dublin was convicted of the Murder/Manslaughter of his wife and he still ended up getting all the property etc.
they were joint assets. if you murder someone you cant inherit their assets.

gerhard dengler

Did she lose all rights to his inheritance? isn't there some bizarre rule in Irish law that states even if you were involved in the murder of a spouse it still does not rule you out of inheriting their assets.

It might well be this case which you are thinking of.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/wifekiller-eamonn-lillis-now-a-millionaire-thanks-to-tragic-celine-cawley-31131381.html

New Threads

Most Replies