Muslim bombing kills as many as 86 in Nigeria

NativeWildCat

One bomber blew himself up after the start of prayers, and another while people were escaping

A twin suicide bombing has killed at least 27 people, possibly dozens more, at a mosque in northeastern Nigeria.

The attack, which also left 58 wounded, is thought to be the work of the Islamist group Boko Haram, which has targeted the region repeatedly in recent years.

“The bombings took place around 1 p.m. on Tuesday during afternoon prayers in Mubi, a town roughly 120 miles north of Yola, the capital of Adamawa State,” the New York Times reported. “The suicide bombers, two young men, detonated a first bomb after prayers began and a second one outside as people fled, according to the police.”

Al Jazeera put the death toll much higher, at 86, based on interviews with workers at a local cemetery, where victims were laid to rest soon after the attack.
https://aleteia.org/2018/05/03/suicide-bombing-kills-as-many-as-86-in-nigerian-mosque/
Yet another disgraceful murder spree in a place of worship. Thoughts with the families of the dead.

Hitchcock

Can the mods amend the thread title to more one that accurately reflects the perpetrators of the bombing.

Last edited:

razorblade

Well as long as its over there and not over here i couldnt care less unfortunately when muslims emigrate to Europe in great numbers they bring all their problems in the 3rd world with them.

NativeWildCat

Well as long as its over there and not over here i couldnt care less unfortunately when muslims emigrate to Europe in great numbers they bring all their problems in the 3rd world with them.
People needlessly being exterminated is never a good thing.

Hitchcock

How thoroughly human of you :roll:

_FARAH_

Currently my friend is there and riding bicycle. He said he wont pass through the Boko Haram controlled region because there re many people are killed in last years. I told him I dont accept it as a real bicycle tour if he wont pass through Boko Haram region.

razorblade

How thoroughly human of you :roll:
What exactly do you expect me to do about it tell them to stop using violence against others perhaps if they stopped believing in an ideology which has such disdain for other human beings things would improve but there's simply no chance of that ever happening.

Sheeple_Waker

Hardly a ‘muslim’ bombing if a mosque was the target. Takfiri would be a better description of the perpetrators.

Notachipanoaktree

Can the mods amend the thread title to more accurately reflect the perpetrators of the bombing.
You mean Murdering bast*ard Muslim Nigerians as opposed to murdering bast*ard Christian Nigerians on their way to Ireland to have a good one, eh?

razorblade

There's absolutely nothing that can be done about it in muslim majority countries but it can certainly be prevented from happening in Europe by having less people of that mindset coming to its shores which is what should be done but the exact opposite of that is happening.

Emily Davison

Yet another disgraceful murder spree in a place of worship. Thoughts with the families of the dead.
Yet another racist delighted to start yet another racist thread. You must be delighted that this one has 86 dead. Rubbing your hands in glee when you found out about it. Please don't insult our intelligence with your afterthought carefully inserted there at the end.

razorblade

You cant change peoples mindset without changing their religious ideology which causes them to do these horrible deeds while islam remains dominant in particular countries it wont ever change.

Sheeple_Waker

You don't read a lot, do you?
More than you by the looks of things.

takfiri generally refers to a Sunni Muslim who looks at the world in black-and-white; there are true believers and then there are nonbelievers, with no shades in between. A takfiri's mission is to re-create the Caliphate according to a literal interpretation of the Qur'an."
Baer, Robert (2008). The Devil We Know. New York: Crown. ISBN 978-0-307-40864-8.

Takfiri is a term that’s applied to followers of the ideology of ISIS and Al-Qaeda, making it an apt description for Boko Haram and its members, including the perpetrators of this atrocity.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies