• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Muslim Cleric responsible for kidnap/murder of Margaret Hassan

Colada

Website
colada.bebo.com
Some while ago there was a heated argument on this website about the perpetrators of the killing of Margaret Hassan. Some people denied it was possible she had been murdered by muslim terrorists, and insisted instead she had died at the hands of criminals who kidnapped her for money.

Yesterday a second Iraqi man was convicted and jailed for Margarets murder, but the Irish Times printed an interesting piece of additional information in its coverage.

In June 2006, an Iraqi named Mustafa Salman al-Jibouri, who had been caught with Ms Hassan’s personal effects, was given a life sentence by a Baghdad court.
The sentence was reduced to 18 months on appeal. Jibouri testified that Sheikh Hussein al-Zubayi, a wealthy Baghdad cleric and a member of the hardline Sunni Muslim Scholars Association, gave him Hassan’s handbag and identity papers.
Jibouri also had large quantities of syringes, drugs, identity papers and telephone SIM cards, strengthening the assumption that the kidnappers act as a mafia-style organisation.
Three men who were tried with Jibouri were cleared. Two were brothers of Jibouri, the third a brother of al-Zubayi and the caretaker of his mosque.

According to a report published by the Christian Science Monitor’s correspondent Dan Murphy, US, Iraqi and Italian investigators believe Sheikh al-Zubayi was behind a series of kidnappings of women in Baghdad, including Ms Hassan and female journalists Giuliana Sgrena, Florence Aubenas and Jill Carroll.

The motive for the kidnappings appears to have been to raise funds for the Sunni insurgency. Al-Zubayi reportedly believed that videos recorded by women hostages had a greater effect on western public opinion.

Hassan family appeals to Iraqis for help in finding sister's body - The Irish Times - Tue, Jun 02, 2009
So it now appears the insurgents were indeed behind her death.
I don't expect the muslim apologists here to come running to apologise for their misrepresentations.

Mujaahid

Website
gmx.com
Some while ago there was a heated argument on this website about the perpetrators of the killing of Margaret Hassan. Some people denied it was possible she had been murdered by muslim terrorists, and insisted instead she had died at the hands of criminals who kidnapped her for money.

Yesterday a second Iraqi man was convicted and jailed for Margarets murder, but the Irish Times printed an interesting piece of additional information in its coverage.

So it now appears the insurgents were indeed behind her death.
I don't expect the muslim apologists here to come running to apologise for their misrepresentations.
I suspect had America and the UK not illegally invaded Iraq, Ms Hassan would still be with us today. You're right we should hang the criminals - let's start with Bush and Blair.

Trampas

I suspect had America and the UK not illegally invaded Iraq, Ms Hassan would still be with us today. You're right we should hang the criminals - let's start with Bush and Blair.

...........but if they are not available then any non-Muslim will do.

swansandtyphus

I suspect had America and the UK not illegally invaded Iraq, Ms Hassan would still be with us today.
These b*stards were too cowardly to go and shoot at American troops.
Instead they abducted a harmless defenceless saintly lady who had come to Iraq to give charity and assistance to the poor and unfortunate, they held her hostage and deaf to the pleas of mercy from the people who benefited from her humanitarianism, from her family and friends who loved her, deaf to the pleas of the frightened woman herself who they videotaped and flaunted in front of a disgusted world, they shot her in the head and posted her video on the internet.
Worse they disposed of her body and denied her grieving family the possibility of a decent burial so they could mourn her properly.

Defending the killers and trying to put the guilt on Bush and Blair, who by the way launched the invasion of Iraq to liberate the Iraqis from dictatorship and gave them the democracy they now enjoy today no thanks the killers who luanched endless terror bombings of other helpless innocents at prayer or in the market, displays your total moral bankruptcy.

Just go and kill yourself you pathetic inhuman vermin.

garlandgreen

No. You start with those immediately responsible and then branch out where a legal connection can be inferred through due process.

Mujaahid

Website
gmx.com
No. You start with those immediately responsible and then branch out where a legal connection can be inferred through due process.
That cleric may have pulled the trigger, but Bush and Blair are responsible for her death. Again I say, had they not illegally ordered the invasion of the country, this woman might well be alive today - cause/effect.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
_. P .., .S.
. .:............. ....
....:.................._ ....,
............ .............., .:..
....... . . _:........ :..
_...... . .<........ ....
,...... ....... ..._.
_..... ..:...) .....
:.... ..:.... .....
.... _:..... .....
...... .....U..._.
..... _:..... (
O..... ......
:... ) .......
....._ . ...E:..),
.:.... ).... . _.....
..... ,...... .:....
) ..... ...:.._ .....
....... ..:..... ...+,
. :...... )..:...,. ....
.:....... ..+......., _:...
............?. .............. .....
. .......:............,. :...
. :..............) ...
.. I. .. ,D.

garlandgreen

That cleric may have pulled the trigger, but Bush and Blair are responsible for her death. Again I say, had they not illegally ordered the invasion of the country, this woman might well be alive today - cause/effect.
A student of quantum physics now are you? Effect always follows cause but in criminal matters the one person who performed the action that caused the effect is the subject of murder. He shot she died. Who should be prosecuted if anyone for his damaged mind is a subsequent matter. But things have to be dealt with in order

Mujaahid

Website
gmx.com
A student of quantum physics now are you? Effect always follows cause but in criminal matters the one person who performed the action that caused the effect is the subject of murder. He shot she died. Who should be prosecuted if anyone for his damaged mind is a subsequent matter. But things have to be dealt with in order
Cause: Illegal occupation instigated by Bush/Blair
Effect: unfortunate death of non-combatants

I wouldn't demean the unfortunate demise of Ms Hassan as collateral damage, that's a US/UK predilection. The perpetrator who pulled the trigger has been jailed, so justice has been served in his case. The fiends who are ultimately to blame still walk free.

garlandgreen

Cause: Illegal occupation instigated by Bush/Blair
Effect: unfortunate death of non-combatants

I wouldn't demean the unfortunate demise of Ms Hassan as collateral damage, that's a US/UK predilection. The perpetrator who pulled the trigger has been jailed, so justice has been served in his case. The fiends who are ultimately to blame still walk free.

Cause: Big bang

Effect: Rob Schneider

You're argument: whataboutery

IrishTom

dont try to dodge the issue at hand you slitthering snake of a man, Islam is an evil oppressive fundamentally corrupt religion.

you dont even condemn the murder of an innocent woman instead you try to justify the act, you are a classic example of why islam is an evil religion not from the true God.

Mujaahid

Website
gmx.com
I unreservedly condemn the brutal and illegal invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan that has led to the deaths of all non-combatants, you haven't even mentioned the million Iraqis that have died because to filth like you they are not worthy of sympathy. I mourn the demise of all, your beastly selectivity speaks volumes.

Mazzy Maz

I unreservedly condemn the brutal and illegal invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan that has led to the deaths of all non-combatants, you haven't even mentioned the million Iraqis that have died because to filth like you they are not worthy of sympathy. I mourn the demise of all, your beastly selectivity speaks volumes.
Beastly selectivity? Chill the bones dude.

This is an Irish website and Margaret Hassan was an Irish person. Do you really believe that Irish people wanting to discuss the death of an Irish person is an affront to the people of Iraq? There's been dozens of threads denouncing the deaths of innocent Iraqis over the years. Would you begrudge us a single thread that focuses on the death of an Irish person over there?

Get a grip.

The OD

No, the man who pulled the trigger is responsible for her death. They are responsible for their own crimes, but dont dare try to turn the death of a remarkable, brave and courageous woman into a political football.

If you feel so strongly about this issue, pack yourself off to Iraq or Afghanistan and see how some of your Muslim brothers will treat you if you arent willing to strap on a bomb and walk into the US or UK embassy.

All they will see is a western fool, they are well versed in racism as well as sectarianism.

Hope you have the money to repatriate your body.

She died a horrific death at the hands of people who were simply evil. No other reason. She was there for the Iraqi people and they showed their disgust after her death en masse.

The man was an evil person, he has no interest in either Iraq, Islam or anything else bar his own power base. Like a large number of Muslim Clerics across the middle east.

RIP Margeret Hassan, a better person than any of us on these boards and certainly worth a billion of the those who killed her, I feel genuinely upset looking at this image, anyone with an ounce of compassion would too.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
_. P .., .S.
. .:............. ....
....:.................._ ....,
............ .............., .:..
....... . . _:........ :..
_...... . .<........ ....
,...... ....... ..._.
_..... ..:...) .....
:.... ..:.... .....
.... _:..... .....
...... .....U..._.
..... _:..... (
O..... ......
:... ) .......
....._ . ...E:..),
.:.... ).... . _.....
..... ,...... .:....
) ..... ...:.._ .....
....... ..:..... ...+,
. :...... )..:...,. ....
.:....... ..+......., _:...
............?. .............. .....
. .......:............,. :...
. :..............) ...
.. I. .. ,D.

IrishTom

you are scum of the earth, your false religion is one of oppression and hate it teaches you to kill all non muslims in the name of your moon god allah, you will burn in hell along with your false prophet mohammed.

Mohammed was nothing but a war mongering peodophile, he was scum of the earth just like you, you are doomed to hell you low life cretin.