• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Muslim group blames secularism for Ireland's woes

Antiphon

There is a problem in Ireland and no amount of blame shifting or pointing the finger will change that. The secularists and atheists can look at religion and in particular Catholicism as a short-term abjection through which to direct their ire – a useful aberration in that it serves to offset introspection which would inevitably highlight the woeful inanity of a world without religion and the futility of atheism, but they are not looking for a solution, and certainly can’t offer one.
The moral, social and economic decline that has engulfed Europe has come hand-in-hand with a move away from religion, if any blame must be apportioned then it falls squarely on the shoulders of those who have pushed for the removal of religion from the public sphere.
Ireland?s Shame ? Who is to Blame?|MPAC.ie

This isn't one of those ideas that is simply 'out there' it is gaining currency.

wombat

I think its the microwaves that are doing it.

The Fusilier

Why is it that Antiphon is allowed to post press releases for MPACIE, but other users who do so for other organisations are reprimanded?

Antiphon

Why is it that Antiphon is allowed to post press releases for MPACIE, but other users who do so for other organisations are reprimanded?
It's not a press release. but a newsworthy comment that has a political tone. Unless you think Muslims should have no place in the politics of Ireland, do you?

It's not a press release. but a newsworthy comment that has a political tone. Unless you think Muslims should have no place in the politics of Ireland, do you?
No just mpacers. I'll check in and look at your nice rant when I'm good and ready and I might honour you with a comment. For now stop bothering the good people at P.ie. Anyone who wants to visit you and laugh will do so on there own. Go sell crazy somewhere else

Trmr09

Funny, I blame Catholicism.

Sync

How many countries have moved towards economic upturn by embracing religion?

H.R. Haldeman

It is ridiculous that every press release by this crowd gets its own thread. It gives the impression that they are more than just 5 dudes sitting in a room somewhere debating who they hate the most that week. It gives them a veneer of being representative of a wider view that simply doesn't exist.

The Fusilier

It is ridiculous that every press release by this crowd gets its own thread. It gives the impression that they are more than just 5 dudes sitting in a room somewhere debating who they hate the most that week. It gives them a veneer of being representative of a wider view that simply doesn't exist.
I'd really be surprised if there was of them.

MacO'velli

Of course, we should be covering our women in sackcloth and stoning them for their infidelities.
That, plus banning cartoons, TV, DVD's and we'd a global superpower.

Mouroux

I'm picking up on discriminatory undertones of various shades in this thread. The Muslim community is more that entitled to have a voice, given wider suffering and victimisation across the global Muslim population at the hands of the Western elitist foreign policy makers -the spiritual (versus material!) decline of the Universal Catholic Church will contribute to the already exponential growth of Islam in Europe and elsewhere. Who else can offer a real and indefatigable sense of community? It is also important to note that Islam promotes care of the 'other' (versus self) and that Iran recently appointed it's first female minister -a top position in government. Islam is perfectly capable of adapting to the needs of it's own people without reference to the pseudo-moral dictates of the 'enlightened' West.

The Fusilier

I'm picking up on discriminatory undertones of various shades in this thread.
Discriminatory undertones against Islam in this thread?

Point them out.

asset test

Catholicism is dead. Islam is a religion. Go figure, Religion is only for the eejits who cannot think for themselves anymore.

marmurr1916

Or don't. Close the thread and let's have the one Marmurr just created which is more appropriate
No, let's keep this thread open.

However, it would be nice if someone from mpac.ie was able to answer the questions on that thread.

After all, mpac.ie seek to influence Irish politics and society.

The more they tell us about themselves, the more open and transparent they are, the better for us all, including Muslims in Ireland.

marmurr1916

These are the questions posed on the other thread.

Who are MPAC.IE?

How many members do they have?

How are they funded?

Who funds them?

How representative of Irish Muslims are they?
How about it Antiphon?

Antiphon