• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Muslim Leaders Visit Auschwitz & Dachau concentration camps.

Aindriu

This is what we need! More understanding by religious leaders so that they can go back and educate their flock accordingly.

Some of the quotes speak volumes:

"The main aim is to get Muslims who are leaders all over the world, particularly in the Middle East, to acknowledge the reality of what happened here and to be able to teach it to the people that they lead," said trip organiser Rabbi Jack Bemporad,
"I think that when someone wants to deny the Holocaust or think that it is exaggerated, which many of them do and certainly many of their followers do, when they come here and see it, their experience is such that they can no longer think that," Rabbi Bemporad said.
You may read every book about the Holocaust but it's nothing like when you see this place where people were burned," said Mohamed Magid, president of the Islamic Society of North America.
"This is the building, the bricks. If they were to speak to you and I, they would tell you how many cries and screams they have heard."
BBC News - Muslim leaders' Auschwitz visit boosts Holocaust knowledge

flavirostris

If only the problems in the middle east were as smple as lack of understanding of the Holocaust on the part of the Muslims. They know that the Germans did terrible things to the Jews.. they just don't understand how they ended up paying for it.

seabhcan

This is what we need! More understanding by religious leaders so that they can go back and educate their flock accordingly.

Some of the quotes speak volumes:

BBC News - Muslim leaders' Auschwitz visit boosts Holocaust knowledge
The point most 'Muslim leaders' in the middle east make is generally not that the holocaust didn't happen, its that it wasn't their fault - so why are today's jews taking arab land? Several have pointed out that if Israel is payback for the holocaust, why isn't Israel located in Bavaria? I think that is a fair point.

Aindriu

Israel is not and never has been
payback for the holocaust
Palestine was ceded to the Jews by the Balfour Declaration of 1917.

When Jewish settlers formed the state of Israel in 1948 - totally recognised by the United Nations - the Arab response was to try and wipe out and it's Jewish citizens off the state of the Earth. If that had never happened - nor any of the other wars against Israel by it's neighbours - then things there may be entirely different.

Don't get me wrong either. There are many things being carried out by the Israeli government that I disagree with but the fact remain that the state of Israel is a legal entity.

Aristodemus

If only the problems in the middle east were as smple as lack of understanding of the Holocaust on the part of the Muslims. They know that the Germans did terrible things to the Jews.. they just don't understand how they ended up paying for it.
Getting a late post in before you head off to school?

flavirostris

seabhcan

Israel is not and never has been Palestine was ceded to the Jews by the Balfour Declaration of 1917.

When Jewish settlers formed the state of Israel in 1948 - totally recognised by the United Nations - the Arab response was to try and wipe out and it's Jewish citizens off the state of the Earth. If that had never happened - nor any of the other wars against Israel by it's neighbours - then things there may be entirely different.

Don't get me wrong either. There are many things being carried out by the Israeli government that I disagree with but the fact remain that the state of Israel is a legal entity.
Palestine was ceded by Britain to the jews? Did anyone ask the Palestinians?

Aindriu

Palestine was ceded by Britain to the jews? Did anyone ask the Palestinians?
It was indeed. They did own it at the time. Perhaps a read of the Declaration itself will show if Palestinian leaders were consulted about it. Either way, the State of Israel is legally recognised.

zakalwe1

The point most 'Muslim leaders' in the middle east make is generally not that the holocaust didn't happen, its that it wasn't their fault - so why are today's jews taking arab land? Several have pointed out that if Israel is payback for the holocaust, why isn't Israel located in Bavaria? I think that is a fair point.
you do know that palestine/israel is not "arab"? any more than india is chinese.

seabhcan

Does the BBC news site ever shut up about this subject?
We get some "holocaust" related story about twice a month.
Its propaganda. Its all about tieing today's Israeli policies to German/European guilt - "we kill our neighbours today because your grandparents killed us". The fact that most Israeli citizens are Americans or from North Africa or Russia, and no one in their families were in the holocaust, is quietly lost.

flavirostris

Pretty much everything Israel does is motivated by the Holocaust in some way.. Never again the victims and all that.

Aindriu

Does the BBC news site ever shut up about this subject?
We get some "holocaust" related story about twice a month.
It should never be forgotten - ever!

Anyway, I posted this up because I see it as a positive thing that Muslim leaders and clerics have chosen to visit those sites and educate themselves in a positive way about Jews. They can then go back and teach what have learned. Hopefully, it will start to combat the hate-filled ones who preach about the destruction of the Jews.

freewillie

It was indeed. They did own it at the time. Perhaps a read of the Declaration itself will show if Palestinian leaders were consulted about it. Either way, the State of Israel is legally recognised.
Long may it survive. The Palestinians continue to allow their situation to be exploited by their so called "Arab friends" instead of realising that a properly negotiated settlement with Israel would mean economic prosperity and political stability for both.
The tyrannical regimes of the Arab countries have used the Palestinians cause to fool their own native population and keep them subdued

Aindriu

Pretty much everything Israel does is motivated by the Holocaust in some way.. Never again the victims and all that.
This is not about Israel. It is about Muslims learning about Jews in a positive way.

flavirostris

This is not about Israel. It is about Muslims learning about Jews in a positive way.
They know about the Holocaust. Only a lunatic would attempt to deny the reality of it. But as I said earlier what they don't understand is how they ended up paying for Germany's crimes against humanity.

Aindriu

They know about the Holocaust. Only a lunatic would attempt to deny the reality of it. But as I said earlier what they don't understand is how they ended up paying for Germany's crimes against humanity.
They didn't! Revisit post #4!

Suttree

It may still be better not to go continuously on and on about it like Michelle in American Pie: "So one time, in Holocaust..."
Poor.