Myers has Finally Lost it.

orbit

Myers at his misanthropic best, imo :D
The school-run mum is the complete biological opposite of the phallus that is Rooney. One has no sense of direction and the other has no sense but an erection.
Spare a thought though for poor David Quinn, who waxed lyrical in one of his columns a while ago, about the role model that Rooney has(or had) become - family man, rock of good sense etc.

David Quinn: Family man Rooney the pitch-perfect role model - Analysis, Opinion - Independent.ie

Oh dear!

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
Correct. But he has so many words to write, and there's only so many times you can say English honourable good, Irish devious bad.
I recall him being very critical of the British on several occasions. Funnily enough,nobody ever remembers those articles.

Passionateheart

I think in fairness, he has spouted more rubbish than that in the past and indeed from just what I observed of it he mightn't be that far wrong in the case of the whoremaster! Although the young man seems to have gone more upmarket in his choice of professional lady almost to courtesean level than his previous paid for encounters as reported! Hope he left a tip this time unlike the past encounters!

Bill D Gallows

Well, if Myers is right with his new found knowledge on gene pools, then by the same standard he himself must own up to belonging to the gene pool of patronising, self deluded, in bred, self declared 'elite', that regrets that the Irish Free State ever saw the light of day and begrudges the 'peasantry' such as footballers, who suddenly become more 'elite' than themselves.

dónal na geallaí

Myers is a self loathing mick.Very dangerous animal when cornered.He would like to be P G Wodehouse or Evelyn Waugh but is trapped in the body of a Gaelic Billy Bunter.

Libero

Kevin Myers said:
Just about all men are occasional passport-holders of the Republic of Priapia: but it is mostly footballers who enjoy full citizenship. They alone can afford the time and the money that enables their frontal lobes and the contents of their Y-fronts to secede permanently from their organs of sight, reason, aesthetics, decency and common sense.
I seem to recall reading the memoirs of a different type of bedroom warrior, but the kind who'd definitely give footballers a run for their money. He was some sort of Anglo-Irish journalist, bravely bedding all sorts of women during amid the dull thuds and bumps of Belfast at the height of the Troubles, including the wives of ruthless paramilitaries.

In what must have been a reference to the author's incessant bedroom shenanigans, it was called "Watching the Door", or something like that.

Can anyone remember who wrote that?

Master Debater

I seem to recall reading the memoirs of a different type of bedroom warrior, but the kind who'd definitely give footballers a run for their money. He was some sort of Anglo-Irish journalist, bravely bedding all sorts of women during amid the dull thuds and bumps of Belfast at the height of the Troubles, including the wives of ruthless paramilitaries.

In what must have been a reference to the author's incessant bedroom shenanigans, it was called "Watching the Door", or something like that.

Excellent point :lol:

goosebump

Heyoka

I've only ever casually read his articles , just out of a strange curiosity as to what he'll come up with next. But I've found the book you're referring to online and I can't wait to get stuck into it. Cheers.

Pax

I can't put a name to that face. But I think it was an anglo-gael by the distinctive potato / sheep shaped skull.

Can somebody create a binary search, calipers, algorithm of google images for it?

ManfredJudge

"It should be amusing on Saturday," Jagielka says. "There's a good chance he'll be slaughtered. I'll be giving him a bit as well."

Oh no you won't!​

Xiogenes

Is Bertie's latest money spinning scam ghost-writing for Myers? It reads like it. Suppose it beats winning bucketfuls of shekels on ghost horse racing events.
Its hardly bertie,unless he is self loathing, he's the original dumb potato head.

The original podge and rodge.

gatsbygirl20

So let's see, Kevin...Footballers are sex-on-wheels. No brains. Overly endowed in the other area. Unlike, say, sexually anxious middle-aged journalists whose scant endowments in all departments are beginning to dwindle at an alarming rate.

Mothers with children of school-going age are a serious danger on the road, as a perusal of recent road accident statistics will bear out. Well done, Kevin for that piece of painstaking research. Have you passes the theory test yourself yet? Never mind, all nonsense really

The world's gone to pot, old bean, and no mistake. Enough to drive a chap to his library to over-indulge in the port while leafing through a Thesaurus in search of yet more adjectives to describe women, working class men, the Irish, the Scots, immigrants, civil servants, and other rum coves who need a good kick up the Khyber

crip sandwich

Myers aint no Charles Darwin thats for sure. Although he probably thinks he is.

Odyessus

LOL

Actually, his surname is Norwegian and translates as "bogman".petuniapetuniapetunia

Well spotted!

mire
noun, verb, mired, mir·ing.
–noun
a tract or area of wet, swampy ground; bog; marsh.

ground of this kind, as wet, slimy soil of some depth or deep mud.

Very appropriate. :D

stoichkov

myers is such an awful, awful writer.

he can't even do the ad hominem stuff with any flair or panache whatsoever. i wonder how much the indo are paying him for this crap . . .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies