• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

owedtojoy

I may pretty tired of self-pitying and self-hating rants like Myers'.

Oh, he is accurate in some places ... leave out the cultural features and teh self-absorption, and you could write in "Polish" or "Dutch" for "Irish".

We are not the first country, nor will we be the last, whose political leaders led them to fiasco, a fiasco assisted by a compliant electorate. Vietnam? Iraq? Jim Crow? Dunkirk? Munich? Maginot Line? Algeria? Stalingrad? Srebinica? Belgium? Spanish Civil War? Greece? ... you could compile a list of every country's foolishness and extravagances, some of which were much more costly to national pride anf wealth than our little farce.

Get over it ... we are going to have to sooner or later. The sooner the better.

eoghanacht

God schom it must be so hard for you, myers and the rest of the anglo irish in Ireland.

Ok we get it now how about getting down off that cross it's becoming unseemly.

Surely all this self-loathing is unbritish and afterall us irish are really brits

'orebel

Schomberg

God schom it must be so hard for you, myers and the rest of the anglo irish in Ireland.

Ok we get it now how about getting down off that cross it's becoming unseemly.

Surely all this self-loathing is unbritish and afterall us irish are really brits
Hardly eogh, but yer development has been strangled by the roman church and a self serving republican aristocracy for almost 100 years at this stage but ye still lap it up. How long before some FF tw.at wheels out the men of 1916 to get ye all behind them? Batt O'Keeffe the drone will be giving his "long fought sovereignty" speech and littered with a few "up the republics" and ye'll all out out waving tri colours with pictures of Paddy Pearse..If any dissentant voice cries out in the wilderness all FF need to do equate themselves to 1916, they got our independence so don't dare attack them and many will swallow it...time to wake up...ye were served well by neither the papists nor the republican "aristocracy" and I think you know that well enough...

Anyhoo, I need to get packing... might get back on here every now and again...

adios amigos!

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
We're only here because other races kept pushing us out of the way, while we were busy drinking and painting our bodies and beating bronze into inexplicable shapes.
When we ended up on these benighted islands, we weren't in anyone's way for about 1000 years until the saxons and vikings came harrassing us, and ended up taking most of the big island.

Edit: forgot the Romans. But they came and went.

Schomberg

Fir Bolg

You wrote:

So name me 5 Irish men with Gaelic names in the field of mechanics......

tick tock

I never said there were any Irishmen who were innovators in the field of mechanics. But I do understand the reasons why there were none (if indeed there were none) and anybody with even a half arsed history of this country would also understand . If what Myers is insinuating is true, that us gaelic Irish are genetically inferior and incapable of scientific thought and innovation then why have men of gaelic descent (current and deceased) excelled in the sciences once given access to education. Even the dogs on the street know that the impoverisehed native Irish had no access to education for centuries.

eoghanacht

Hardly eogh, but yer development has been strangled by the roman church and a self serving republican aristocracy for almost 100 years at this stage but ye still lap it up. How long before some FF tw.at wheels out the men of 1916 to get ye all behind them? Batt O'Keeffe the drone will be giving his "long fought sovereignty" speech and littered with a few "up the republics" and ye'll all out out waving tri colours with pictures of Paddy Pearse..If any dissentant voice cries out in the wilderness all FF need to do equate themselves to 1916, they got our independence so don't dare attack them and many will swallow it...time to wake up...ye were served well by neither the papists nor the republican "aristocracy" and I think you know that well enough...

Anyhoo, I need to get packing... might get back on here every now and again...

adios amigos!

If you believe the above applies to me then..........
You cleary display an ignorance of everything i've ever written here.

Anychance of an apololgy for calling me a complusive lying scumbag before you go?

Where you off to BTW? Best of luck in whatever endeavour you undertake

Ramzi Nohra

Schom
Sorry to hear you wont be posting here for a while. Although I disagree with a lot of your stuff I think you do raise interesting points for debate.

As for Myers....

There's some good points here, but, as mentioned above, he just goes too far. Although he states he doesnt want to lay things at the door of DNA etc, thats pretty much exactly what he goes on to do.
Two other points:
1) Its all negatives rather than balancing out the positive contributions Irish have made in terms of the arts etc.
2) Its not rare for post-colonial societies to struggle for a while. Ireland post-independence saw a rentier class of corrupt elites gain power, with, pretty much, the results we see now (although of course a couple of years ago everyone thought the Irish were economic masterminds...)

Schomberg

If you believe the above applies to me then..........
You cleary display an ignorance of everything i've ever written here.

Anychance of an apololgy for calling me a complusive lying scumbag before you go?

Where you off to BTW? Best of luck in whatever endeavour you undertake
I meant "you" in the royal sense of the word Eogh, not pointing the finger at you necessarily. But I stand behind what I said. We've had 100 years of rome rule and a self serving, self appointed republican aristocracy that's done nothing for this country from the get go. Yet people still stand behind them like timid little dogs humping their masters leg. You can hear it in the way Lenihan and Cowan answer back to Irish reporters and Irish people..this smug as.s "who are you?" sense of no acountability. I'd bet my left testicle that FF will be back in power within the space of 1 election.

Off to Engerland mate, signed up...job here was gone down the drain. Apologises for whatever I said (and I know there was a good deal of things), all said in the heat of 'battle' my friend :)

take care!

White Rose

JFK was of Catholic Irish extraction and prevented WW3 by cutting a deal with the Russians over the Cuban missiles (we'll take our missiles out of Turkey on the qt)

Would a Protestant have had the political skill to do that? Perhaps not, might have taken an over the top hard-line view and landed the world in the doo doo

Cael

You wrote:

So name me 5 Irish men with Gaelic names in the field of mechanics......

tick tock
Whats so special about mechanics? The world could do with a great deal less mechanics.

eyeSpy

Can we just have one Myers thread on this site? Same rubbish every week and same reactions.

Myers may be a self loather and want us all to be.
But he has something to self loath.

Maximus Cynicus

Dunno about Myers' core assertion - we haven't been totally lacking when it comes to engineers (John Holland - submarine; George Ferris - Ferris Wheel; James Martin - aircraft ejector seat; if we go back even further, consider the feat of engineering that is Newgrange) or famous scientists (Robert Boyle, Francis Beaufort, John Tyndall, John Bell, et al)

HOWEVER, if he wants to stick strictly to things that "go whirr or whee", well by Jaysus there's nobody more practiced in the art of spinning than FF and the Veggies

SevenStars

Ah Arracht, the self hating jew part might apply to yourself my lundy pal. Donning that Gaelic attitre every morning must be heavy going petunia
You are such a narrow little tribalist.....:rolleyes:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom