• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

NAMA "will pursue developers"

hammer

After Lendahand corrected him ( How is he getting on - I haven`t seen him for two weeks ) FF are "spinning" that it is not therefore a bailout. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yes it is :)

Asparagus

FRANK DALY - Lads wait up..
DEVELOPERS - What is it
FRANK DALY - Any chance of a few quid
DEVELOPERS - Give us a billion and we'll see
FRANK DALY - Sure a billion would hardly be worth the tax payers blood it'd take to sign the check - would you take 5
DEVELOPERS - Sure
FRANK DALY - pay it all back now ya hear

Libero

Non-NAMA banks are pursuing defaulting developers.

NAMA says it will pursue them (well, those with whom it feels it can't do business), with no published time frame for doing so.

More than that, NAMA has a business plan that envisages a much higher level of loan repayments after three years, implying it is happy to tolerate - and is practically inviting - low levels of loan repayments for at least the first couple of years.

And yet some people, presumably not all idiots, look at these two contrasting modes of behaviour, don't see any difference, and say NAMA isn't giving preferential treatment to indebted property developers.

G

Gimpanzee

FRANK DALY - Lads wait up..
DEVELOPERS - What is it
FRANK DALY - Any chance of a few quid
DEVELOPERS - Give us a billion and we'll see
FRANK DALY - Sure a billion would hardly be worth the tax payers blood it'd take to sign the check - would you take 5
DEVELOPERS - Sure
FRANK DALY - pay it all back now ya hear
Fancy doing a tot of how much Revenue pulled in from the same sort of people through special investigations while Frank Daly was in the big seat? Whatever else can be said regarding the amount that NAMA recovers, suggesting that he's a soft touch is daft.

Asparagus

Fancy doing a tot of how much Revenue pulled in from the same sort of people through special investigations while Frank Daly was in the big seat? Whatever else can be said regarding the amount that NAMA recovers, suggesting that he's a soft touch is daft.
Actually NAMA is the soft touch - Frank the Bank will have to walk to the beat of that drum.

Cassandra Syndrome

poolfan81

After Lendahand corrected him ( How is he getting on - I haven`t seen him for two weeks ) FF are "spinning" that it is not therefore a bailout. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yes it is :)

Yeah havent seen Brian Lenihan in a while, the media seem intent not to report on his treatment or state of his health.

cozzy121

Pursue them around the galway race course, more like

athlonedub

Actually NAMA is the soft touch - Frank the Bank will have to walk to the beat of that drum.
As I mentioned on another post some months back, I have had occasion to work with Frank Daly and he's certainly far from being a soft touch. "Political" (with a small "p") yes, but not the type who will roll over to any cosy agenda. Nothing I have seen or heard him say since his appointment would lead me to believe he will do anything other than talking the talk and walking the walk.

Cassandra Syndrome

Yeah I'm sure he talked the talk that night the Bankers wined and dined him in an exclusive club in Dublin, 2 years ago when he retired from the Revenue.

athlonedub

Yeah I'm sure he talked the talk that night the Bankers wined and dined him in an exclusive club in Dublin, 2 years ago when he retired from the Revenue.
How much did Revenue collect from them over the DIRT enquiry and the subsequent offshore structures investigation etc.............

Oldira1

How much did Revenue collect from them over the DIRT enquiry and the subsequent offshore structures investigation etc.............
Wait up a second..its was mostly small business people that were caught here (rightly so) NONE of the really wealthy were ever caught or even investigated. As regards the bogus non-resident accounts I seem to recall the banks being indemnified by the government against any possible criminal prosecution even though they facilitated and indeed ENCOURAGED the tax frauds. Daly likes following small business people but will not touch his wealthy cronies.

Do you honestly believe we will see Sean Dunne driving a taxi one day or his fragrant wife flipping burgers in Supermacs??

athlonedub

The Faldor Scheme in AIB ??

(But I have to admit I did have a laugh at the Supermac's image!!)

Oldira1

Not to mention Daly signing off on Anglo's 2008 accounts (chair of Audit Committee no less)which were about €14 billion incorrect.

I am reporting him to Paul Appelby over this. Lets see how he like it.

brughahaha

As I mentioned on another post some months back, I have had occasion to work with Frank Daly and he's certainly far from being a soft touch. "Political" (with a small "p") yes, but not the type who will roll over to any cosy agenda. Nothing I have seen or heard him say since his appointment would lead me to believe he will do anything other than talking the talk and walking the walk.
You're wasting your time , mere mention of the word nama brings out a hysterical reflexive response that prohibits any rational discussion from quite a few posters ...... Facts , links , examples that contradict the group think just disappear under an ever increasing shriek of abuse and indignation....complete waste of time

Oldira1

You're wasting your time , mere mention of the word nama brings out a hysterical reflexive response that prohibits any rational discussion from quite a few posters ...... Facts , links , examples that contradict the group think just disappear under an ever increasing shriek of abuse and indignation....complete waste of time
Yes or No...Did Daly sign the 2008 Anglo Irish Bank accounts which stated they made a profit of €700 million and was he chair of the audit committee???

MayoDub

Not sure if anyone else caught it but the statements by Frank Daly were the headline item on this mornings 10am radio 1 news before Pat Kenny.
Michael Murphy (usually flawless delivery) made a Freudian slip which almost sent me from my computer chair....
He started with "Frank Fahey, the chairman of NAMA has stated that ...."
I nearly keeled over.. I must catch it on the RTE site and keep it for posterity.

He corrected himself in the next paragraph....

Popular Threads

Most Replies