• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Namawinelake public interest blog closes

Volatire

A good day for deluded charlatans

With the closure of Namawinelake, the gombeenomic stranglehold on public policy in this country has tightened it's grip further.

Nothing must be allowed to rock the boat as Ireland "returns the markets", as crushed europhile vassal state. The financial security of the gombeen parasite class depends on it.

The problems are not unique to Ireland as this cartoon shows (Nassim Taleb vs mainsteam economic loons)

Last edited:

Sync

I like how you're using the closure of a blog which dealt an awful lot with the folly of assumption to make an assumption as to why it was closed. It's very meta. I'm guessing the author would find it amusing.

It's sad it's done. There's no reason stated on the blog as to why it's closing down, the articles are staying up and the contacts remain protected. It seems foolish to offer statements of fact as to who (if anyone) is behind the author's decision to close it down.

Marcos the black

Can a charlatan be deluded? Would someone not either be a charlatan or delusional, but are the two not mutually exclusive?

Volatire

I like how you're using the closure of a blog which dealt an awful lot with the folly of assumption to make an assumption as to why it was closed. It's very meta. I'm guessing the author would find it amusing.

It's sad it's done. There's no reason stated on the blog as to why it's closing down, the articles are staying up and the contacts remain protected. It seems foolish to offer statements of fact as to who (if anyone) is behind the author's decision to close it down.
I have not made an assumption about why it has closed down.

We do know who benefits, though.

Sync

When they believe their own drivel.
But then they're not charlatans, they're just stupid or delusional. By definition, to be a charlatan requires intent.

Prester Jim

But then they're not charlatans, they're just stupid or delusional. By definition, to be a charlatan requires intent.
Well not necessarily; it is possible to knowingly be a charlatan but also be deluded about other things.

Sister Mercedes

Nama Wine Lake did a lot more to expose well-connected corruption in this country than this site ever did.

Nemesiscorporation

With the closure of Namawinelake, the gombeenomic stranglehold on public policy in this country has tightened it's grip further.

Nothing must be allowed to rock the boat as Ireland "returns the markets", as crushed europhile vassal state. The financial security of the gombeen parasite class depends on it.

The problems are not unique to Ireland as this cartoon shows (Nassim Taleb vs mainsteam economic loons)

This is a sad loss for those wishing to be informed as to what is happening in Ireland.

Now all we are left with is lies from the Sindo and other vested interest media outlets.

Sync

Well not necessarily; it is possible to knowingly be a charlatan but also be deluded about other things.
That's true. But if the people we're talking about "The financial security of the gombeen parasite class" and their belief that NAMA will help them then it's either a case that they believe it will work in which case they're not charlatans or they're just playing a confidence trick in which case they're not deluded.

Socratus O' Pericles

This is a sad loss for those wishing to be informed as to what is happening in Ireland.

Now all we are left with is lies from the Sindo and other vested interest media outlets.
You could stop reading those as well , just read Dublin 4 here...he seems to have all the facts.

D

Deleted member 17573

That's true. But if the people we're talking about "The financial security of the gombeen parasite class" and their belief that NAMA will help them then it's either a case that they believe it will work in which case they're not charlatans or they're just playing a confidence trick in which case they're not deluded.
Maybe they believe it might work, in which case they could be regarded as deluded charlatans, being deluded as to the existence of any possibility of it working, but qualifying as charlatans in being prepared to act on a limited possibility.:oops:

b.a. baracus

A sad day. Thanks to namawinelake for all his/her good work.

SideysGhost

Just another example of the way Ireland's ruling class are all on board the good ship 14th Century.

Ribeye

c'mon Syncy, it seems pretty obvious what has gone down here,

i don't think he just got fed up with it all, or moved to Wicklow to start a hedgehog farm,

NWL has been zapped, that much is obvious,

Ribeye

hey, you lot know stuff about computers,

where does one go to buy a website?

is there a shop or something?

i also want to start an internet radio station,

how do i do that?

niall78

c'mon Syncy, it seems pretty obvious what has gone down here,

i don't think he just got fed up with it all, or moved to Wicklow to start a hedgehog farm,

NWL has been zapped, that much is obvious,
Maybe Shatter had some collected some dirt on him/her?

Who knows at this stage.