Naming bankers 'could prejudice garda probe'

bananarepublic.ie

Naming bankers 'could prejudice garda probe' - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

A Government source said last night that the Banking Commission's decision not to identify anybody by name was likely to have been motivated by a desire to avoid prejudicing any pending or future criminal prosecutions against those responsible for the banking crisis.
There is laws for everything even how to throw a chewing gum or a cig butt. When it comes white collar crime there is nothing there now i know. As expected no one is responsible for banking crisis. A complete waste two years time of Garda instead they could have been doing policing instead of chasing ghosts.

Pauli

Naming bankers 'could prejudice garda probe' - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

There is laws for everything even how to throw a chewing gum or a cig butt. When it comes white collar crime there is nothing there now i know. As expected no one is responsible for banking crisis. A complete waste two years time of Garda instead they could have been doing policing instead of chasing ghosts.
Of course nobody is responsible. As the Justice Minister has told you, "it just happened".

Maximus Cynicus

Ha Ha Ha, nearly choked on me breakfast roll. Will that be a similar Garda probe to the Willie O'Dea one?

bananarepublic.ie

prejudicing any pending or future criminal prosecutions against those responsible for the banking crisis.

Pigs will fly B4 that one happens...:rolleyes:
So true, it just farce media stunt. They should have put those Garda resource some useful. Everyone know who did what. So after 2 years now they are saying " S.H.I.T.E happens get over it" on tax payer. :cool: ;)

EUrJokingMeRight

From what I know the Fraud Bureau have concluded their probe. Is there another one?

EUrJokingMeRight

The banks should be gang probed!

Sync

The other scenario of course is that they publish the report with names, prejudice future actions and ruin the ongoing investigations. Then the same dribbling masses will be on here wailing about how the report was all part of a govt conspiracy to let people off.

greengoose2

The other scenario of course is that they publish the report with names, prejudice future actions and ruin the ongoing investigations. Then the same dribbling masses will be on here wailing about how the report was all part of a govt conspiracy to let people off.
If you are looking for a yardstick then how about the Mahon Tribunal. We didn't even get a report....

Eaten bread.... :rolleyes:

bananarepublic.ie

This is just great work honestly i admire Dept. finance as days go by.

So called banking inquiry will not name and other Garda/Fraud investigation cant put case for DPP coz banks are acted with in law. Inquiry and investigation will collapse. Leaving us bill + Garda time waste.

He3

There is no white collar crime in Ireland. If there was, politicians would go to jail and as they have control over the criminal law-making machine in Leinster House, you can see why that won't happen ever.

Once you realise that, everything that seems absurd in the world that we live in suddenly makes perfect sense.

When the ODCE tells us that our expectations of them are too high for instance....

bananarepublic.ie

If you are looking for a yardstick then how about the Mahon Tribunal. We didn't even get a report....

Eaten bread.... :rolleyes:
Oh boy! good reminder of our own "Tribunal industry/sector". There is no provisions put in NAMA legislation bill that developers/banks can't sue govt. back again.

This is what happens next 10 - 15 yrs

1) Golden circle/Bankers/Developers will sue tax payer for giving NAMA discounts
2) There will be Tribunal to deal with case by case.
3) One after another govt. will pay their money from tax because NAMA took huge discounts.

Everyone is winner here, i will do my evening law degree and become NAMA tribunal lawyer and i will be millionaire.

Gadfly

It's simple, really: end impunity for fraud.
Will the opposition parties please commit to this in their political programmes?
It certainly won't happen though when the Neo-control FFraud party are in power.

He3

stoichkov

seeing as they won't end up in prison anyway, who gives a damn?

rich people don't go to jail, that's one of life's most enduring truisms.

CarnivalOfAction

prejudicing any pending or future criminal prosecutions against those responsible for the banking crisis.

Pigs will fly B4 that one happens...:rolleyes:
Yea, about the same chance as someone being prosecuted for the Dublin/Monaghan bombings. And for the same reasons.

Cassandra Syndrome

+1

I was outraged when the media circus circled Seanie when he was brought in for questioning without being charged. Nothing to do with his welfare, but the fact that he can use that in future to say that his case was prejudiced.

conservative green

Can we tone down the logic and commonsense there, don't you know there's a witchhunt on?

karldaly

A Government source said last night that the Banking Commission's decision not to identify anybody by name was likely to have been motivated by a desire to avoid prejudicing any pending or future criminal prosecutions against those responsible for the banking crisis.

"A government source" ANONYMITY YET AGAIN.

When will this mythical Garda investigation be concluded I wonder?

"They are the ones that make the decision and they are totally independent." OH YES! ABSOLUTELY (my arse)

"The Irish Independent has also learned that barristers will be able to earn up to €900 per day for their work at the forthcoming banking inquiry."

Why not treat the bankers exactly the same as a taxpayer who is suspected of a crime.
The Gardai conduct an investigation and when they have evidence of a crime they issue a summons and the taxpayer must defend him/herself in Court.
When did a taxpayer ever have the benefit of an inquiry?
I'll take a good guess at why not.
COVER-UP.
The whole thing stinks from high heaven.
The finance minister has lost all credibility, both at home and abroad.
Any lingering sympathy he had as a result of his bad health has long gone.

Over the past few days Lenihan has shown himself to be nothing more than a clueless windbag and cover-up artist.

"Lenihan says failure of Anglo Irish Bank would "bring down" the country"

Have a look at how many failed US banks have been put into bankruptcy recently and far from 'bringing down the country' these bankruptcies are believed essential to restoring the US economy to full health.

FDIC: Failed Bank List

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies