• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Naming of RTE Producer charged with under-age sex criminal

flavirostris

I'm seeing on twitter that Creaven may be out soon. I believe he's only serving half of his sentence.

The OD

Will Tubridy bring him on the LLS?
Yeah, for the toy show. If I know Tubridy he probably remembered reading something about Creaven being 'good with kids' and as usual, has no true clue as to what is going on so books him.

Wearing a Gary Glitter outfit.

Dame_Enda

I'm seeing on twitter that Creaven may be out soon. I believe he's only serving half of his sentence.
Well I think despite what people think should be the case, that juries and judges in such cases are sometimes swayed if it was an entrapment operation with a fictional rather than actual child. In this case a vigilante group was pretending to be a child, and was not actually one.

Now, I know people will say that this is not the point. That the point is he was trying to meet someone he thought was underage. And I do agree that should be a crime.

But at the same time, there is case law in the UK and US that entrapment can be a mitigating factor if the accused was induced to commit a crime he/she would otherwise not commit (for example the Jacobsen case in the 1990s in the US). There was a recent case in California where a case against man who had been caught by the ABC series "To Catch a Predator" trying to meet a fictional underage person was thrown out by the judge who said it was entrapment.

Wagmore

Well I think despite what people think should be the case, that juries and judges in such cases are sometimes swayed if it was an entrapment operation with a fictional rather than actual child. In this case a vigilante group was pretending to be a child, and was not actually one.

Now, I know people will say that this is not the point. That the point is he was trying to meet someone he thought was underage. And I do agree that should be a crime.

But at the same time, there is case law in the UK and US that entrapment can be a mitigating factor if the accused was induced to commit a crime he/she would otherwise not commit (for example the Jacobsen case in the 1990s in the US). There was a recent case in California where a case against man who had been caught by the ABC series "To Catch a Predator" trying to meet a fictional underage person was thrown out by the judge who said it was entrapment.
Yeah-know what you mean. Saw the Creavan gotcha video. Mind boggles at the banality of it all. Yet you can't forget the pure evil of Creavan's intention. Doesn't matter whether he gets a full sentence or not. His life is fubared in Ireland now. Rightly so too

The Nal

Hes out and home now. Assuming under Garda investigation here now.

RasherHash

Popcorn time!

[video=youtube;1a6HtIHM0Ss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a6HtIHM0Ss&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Yiv made a holy show of your link.

Tut-tut 🙄

RasherHash

RasherHash

The tabloids do what they can get away with but the broadsheets like to pretend to have a sense of responsibility. Cynicism aside it’s probably a tough call. Its good that he has been exposed but vigilanteism is very dangerous. I’m not sure how be can he charged given there was no victim. His punishment will be having his life and career destroyed. Is that justice? I don’t know.
If it was your daughter you would think it's at the smaller end of what one might term justice.

So many girls go missing and end up in shallow graves, the fact these bastards are exposed and ruined for life is a good thing.

Dame_Enda

If it was your daughter you would think it's at the smaller end of what one might term justice.

So many girls go missing and end up in shallow graves, the fact these bastards are exposed and ruined for life is a good thing.
True. I would point out that in this case, there was no "girl" but rather a vigiliante group, This is a growing trend in the UK. While I don't have any sympathy for people caught in these stings, I do sometimes wonder if the defence of non-existent girls is distracting the UK police from saving girls that actually exist.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies