• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Narrow Water Bridge

centauro

Good news to see this major project has been given the go ahead, how long before republicans try to blow it up in the name of Irish unity?

The European Union has said it will give 17.4m euros to fund a new bridge to be built at Narrow Water between County Louth and County Down.

The single lane cable bridge will be 660 metres long and could be open by 2015.
BBC News - Narrow Water bridge project gets 17.4m euros from EU

Ren84

Louth CoCo has been the lead advocate of this project. As usual the bankrupt northern statelet has to be pushed into doing anything of note or value. As for names I propose calling it the 'South Armagh Brigade Memorial Bridge'. :)

Mickeymac

Is that the same place I believe the Brits were told they were not welcome in Ireland, ok, you guys may be talking about somewhere different, so many same names across the planet, excuse me if I am mistaken.

centauro

Ren84

Blowing up cross border links has been stock in trade for various IRA factions over the years, do you not know that ren? Of course you do.
Trolling your own thread? Classy. Keep it up. :)

belfast1981

I do not see why terrorism needs brought into this thread.

But this is a pretty good idea, it will cut out having to go into, and then out of Newry and cut time of travels. It was either this, or the ferry. I hate boats.

Also, a quicker way to cheaper fuel (if the prices go down again lol)

centauro

Trolling your own thread? Classy. Keep it up. :)
Mmm, that wasn't much of a refute there ren, we suffered almost daily attacks on north south road and rail links for years, what makes you think that some would be bog dwelling che won't slither out to have a crack at this juicy plum?

between the bridges

But this is a pretty good idea, it will cut out having to go into, and then out of Newry and cut time of travels. It was either this, or the ferry. I hate boats.

any idea why its 'single lane'?

Ren84

It's a worthy discussion. Sadly the OP chose to troll his own discussion about Republicans wanting to blow it up. Rather pathetic really. Here's hoping their won't be too many delays in its construction. Should give some lads in Louth and South Armagh/Down some much needed employment. :)

Ren84

Mmm, that wasn't much of a refute there ren, we suffered almost daily attacks on north south road and rail links for years, what makes you think that some would be bog dwelling che won't slither out to have a crack at this juicy plum?
Then start a moan thread in the history section on that. Discuss the subject at hand or get lost.

centauro

Then start a moan thread in the history section on that. Discuss the subject at hand or get lost.
Naa, you take yourself off to the Louth section and leave us concerned British folk to ponder the security implications of this project.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies