- Mar 16, 2010
So you're in favour of the government diverting €3bn of tax payers money on a project that has no metrics? So how will we ever know if it's a success or not?Or the network will be a success and the cost of it will be forgotten.
Btw if it was a money machine, it would already have been built by the private sector.
Finally not sure how you can quantify the public return on the investment.
Surely the metrics would include:
- no of new online businesses paying tax
- reduction in commuter traffic (baselined to employment rates)
- road building avoided due to reduction in commuter traffic
- reduction in carbon emissions as a result of the reduction in traffic
- inward investment beyond Dublin attributable to access to broadband