• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

National day of civil disobedience, when and where?

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Hearing about this on the news. I think it's about time we stood up to this Quisling government and said enough is enough. When is it on and what will it involve?

ruserious

Tut Tut, taking advantage of public anger to promote your agenda of rejoining the UK. That will be your next thread, right?

Hewson

Hearing about this on the news. I think it's about time we stood up to this Quisling government and said enough is enough. When is it on and what will it involve?
Civil disobedience? Like not putting our wheelie bins out with the handle facing the road . . ?

Bill

can't make it, I'm cooking burritos

Hewson

I would have little common cause with he SWP, but I'm reminded of when PAYE workers started to demonstrate in the early 1980s. We're still throwing away money on the banks and a third rate public service. It's time to rise up and do something about it.
You're right Keith. But today Union leaders are on 160,000 plus. They're not going to rock the boat too hard.

cabledude

Why. For what. Whats the aim?

Hewson

A day's general strike to start. Then some cyber attacks on all government controlled websites would be a good start.
Call Anonymous.

EUrJokingMeRight

Anytime suits, just so long as the venue is the naughty step.

Hitch 22

Are you going to be a naughty boy?

dizillusioned

A day's general strike to start. Then some cyber attacks on all government controlled websites would be a good start.

A days general strike? Loss of wages on top of low wages... cyber attacks on government websites? When the hell was the last time that most ordinary people used them? Would anyone notice either the public or the departments involved? Ever heard of organising a March? Healthier and gets you some exercise too..;)

Crazy horse 6

It's actually a fantastic idea and one that is gathering pace. If we can grind the nation to a halt we might start to see the powers that be listening to the people. Imagine that. The government working for the good of the people instead of the well off few.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
A days general strike? Loss of wages on top of low wages... cyber attacks on government websites? When the hell was the last time that most ordinary people used them? Would anyone notice either the public or the departments involved? Ever heard of organising a March? Healthier and gets you some exercise too..;)
That should be what people do on their day's strike.

Neutron

Its time we had more in common with Greece than Feta cheese.

Popular Threads

Most Replies