National Security compromised on Twitter?

Half Nelson

https://twitter.com/campaignforleo?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
“The Taoiseach needs to realise that issues of National Security are not for public consumption, nor should they be used to satisfy his appetite for blatant self-promotion. These meetings are supposed to be private and confidential, but members of the committee, along with other people in the room are clearly identifiable in this photo, as are documents which are on the table”, said Deputy Chambers.
https://www.fiannafail.ie/taoiseach-should-not-use-national-security-issues-for-self-promotion-chambers/

Hat tip to Jody Corcoran who raises this in today's SIndo.

Has Taoiseach Varadkar gone too far? His post is still on Twitter so I presume he believes he's in the clear.

I'm not so sure.

Congalltee

What national security threat do we have, that requires complete confidence instead of transparency? (Btw what did the F stand for?)

Accidental sock

What national security threat do we have, that requires complete confidence instead of transparency? (Btw what did the F stand for?)
Feckin' super-secret

Half Nelson

I think the phrase "I could tell you but I'd have to kill you" is appropriate here.

Half Nelson

.. what did the F stand for?)
We're now on plan F (change of personnel, etc.)

edit: (Alas, nothing so exciting. It's held in Room F.)

Last edited:

Sync

I would like someone to detail for me what’s in those documents based on that photo. Otherwise Chambers is fibbing.

Catalpast

OK Guys - I talked this over with Arlene at that Commemoration thing

Once Britain leaves Europe we are re-joining the Commonwealth as a Constitutional Monarchy

Arlene will be King

- I will be the Queen...:cool:

Boy M5

https://twitter.com/campaignforleo?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://www.fiannafail.ie/taoiseach-should-not-use-national-security-issues-for-self-promotion-chambers/

Hat tip to Jody Corcoran who raises this in today's SIndo.

Has Taoiseach Varadkar gone too far? His post is still on Twitter so I presume he believes he's in the clear.

I'm not so sure.
His twitter account is surreal - it's like a transition year social media project.

Even the name of Nat Sec Committee is banal copying UK, at least good play on words and cobras are deadly.

Inside Government Buildings looks like a function room in 1970's Kilburn.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
So is that our version of 'COBRA'?

How come there is so many people in it? And no one in uniform at all... they are all at fifty or over so it can't be cybersecurity issues :)

Half Nelson

Where’s the gender balance?
You just assumed they're almost all masculine, right?

Merc will eat you alive (or at least poke you with his feather).

Accidental sock

And no one in uniform at all... they are all at fifty or over so it can't be cybersecurity issues :)
There is one guy in uniform....and I suspect there are at least a dozen more, but they're in camouflage.

Clanrickard

Lisa Chambers is correct. Leo is becoming a bit of a laughing stock with his spin. He should cop the **** on.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Well that's the end of John Halligan's global peacekeeping mission to Fat Un in North Korea. Now they know EVERYTHING.

Rural

The room is missing something I think!:)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies