"National Trust accused of 'misleading' tourists into paying for free Giant's Causeway"

GDPR

People who are arriving will believe that entry to the causeway is only by the visitors centre which charges for admission, but this is not the case. You can access the causeway by an archway at the side of the visitors centre and it is free.

Parking in the Nat Trust carpark is the real rip-off - 42 quid. Park at the Causeway Hotel for free.

Nat Trust officials will actually try and con people that they must pay for that carpark, but just tell them you are going in for lunch.

McSlaggart

People who are arriving will believe that entry to the causeway is only by the visitors centre which charges for admission, but this is not the case. You can access the causeway by an archway at the side of the visitors centre and it is free.
French people told me that they was using that route and was stopped and told they had to go into the centre and pay. This is an outrage and the NT would need to sort it out quickly.

Apparently the rope bridge to the Island is another total rip off in that when you get to the Island you have to come right back???

Eventualities

"National Trust accused of 'misleading' tourists into paying for free Giant's Causeway"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/15/national-trust-accused-misleading-tourists-paying-free-giants/

I have come across this and the "security" guards tell people lies in order to try and get them to pay. If it happens to you take out your camera and see what they say.
The only real solution to this is to completely ban tourism. I am in favour of this.

Displaced Kerry and Tipp folk can be moved to zoo to live out the rest of their lives away from the rest of us.

effer

French people told me that they was using that route and was stopped and told they had to go into the centre and pay. This is an outrage and the NT would need to sort it out quickly.

Apparently the rope bridge to the Island is another total rip off in that when you get to the Island you have to come right back???
Do people who cross the bridge think they can stay on the island?

GDPR

Yep they will literally tell tourists (not Antrim locals like me - they f*ucking wouldnt dare) that they must park in the Nat Trust carpark and the only entry is through the visitors centre.

Parking at Carrick-a-Rede is free, I think it costs around six or seven quid to access the rope bridge (it used to be free when I was a kid). There is nothing on Sheep Island. The point is the rope bridge. I can see why they charge. There is also someone who freaks out. Once they had to get a helicopter to lift a fat woman off - she was literally lying down embracing the floor of the bridge.

Eventualities

The point is the rope bridge.
Ireland - full of natural beauty

There is also someone who freaks out. Once they had to get a helicopter to lift a fat woman off - she was literally lying down embracing the floor of the bridge.
That's a very good way to fall off the side with a good gust of wind

GDPR

You used to be able to walk around the Island for as long as you wanted.
But no one went there, because of the Troubles, so they maybe got 3 people on a Saturday in June.

Thats your peace dividend.

The NT set-up is Causeway is crooked, I cant say more, libel laws. Cherchez le MP et le Ministre pour Development Regionale a Stormont et fin.

effer

Yes its dangerous to walk near the edge of the Island. It equally applies to the big Island you would have come from.
True but on an island like that one is drawn to the edge and I guess unlike on the big one it's hard never to be too far away from the edge.

firefly123

Is that the visitor centre that has the creationist bolloxology courtesy of the DUPers?

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

Parking in the Nat Trust carpark is the real rip-off - 42 quid. Park at the Causeway Hotel for free.

Nat Trust officials will actually try and con people that they must pay for that carpark, but just tell them you are going in for lunch.
but the sign in the article mentions the right of way... but it is confusing, are there 2 car parks one old one and one for the visters centre?

GDPR

but the sign in the article mentions the right of way... but it is confusing
Deliberately so. Foreigners dont grasp what it means, many native-speakers not from the area are equally confused and the Nat Trust wardens pounce, ever so helpfully.

The signs actually say visitors are accessing the Causeway with the NTs permission. This is now being challenged in the courts, because it is a total lie.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies