Nationalist 'Silly Season' hopefully over

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Best OP I've seen here in a long time. Nationalists do a great job at the "victim thing", but it's clear that in he last few years a certain element within that community has chosen to ignore their political representatives and go for the zero sum stategy in an attempt to make life in N.I. as unpleasant as possible.

The one good thing that's come of this is that the politicians are uniting to tackle it, rather than the point scoring in previous years. RTÉ News: Stormont executive to tackle violence

firefly123

I have to agree with my unionist friends on this one. The "Nationalist" rioters have not exactly covered themselves in glory over the past few days. I know most of them are mindless hoodie fillers but they are no doubt being coordinated by extreme republican relics who cant get over the fact they ain't "pillars" of the community anymore.
If there were dignified protests at the silly men in hats with big drums then it would further the nationalist cause much better than what is now being shown.

Cael

and nationalists never march to provoke - as in Kilkeel ......
I'm talking about the specific case of Ardoyne. In Ardoyne, the OO is the clear aggressor.

bobbysands81

That's a whole load of MOPEry there British Citizen!!!

By the way you still haven't explained your moniker, you're neither British nor a Citizen so why the pretence?

TrueBlue84

By the way you still haven't explained your moniker, you're neither British nor a Citizen so why the pretence?
He is both and I will enjoy him showing you the ignorance of your ways

Paisley_Buddy

Aye , the no evidence line. Again.

Either some people on here have absolutely FA cop on or they are being disingenous to the point of doublethink.

bobbysands81

Best OP I've seen here in a long time. Nationalists do a great job at the "victim thing", but it's clear that in he last few years a certain element within that community has chosen to ignore their political representatives and go for the zero sum stategy in an attempt to make life in N.I. as unpleasant as possible.

The one good thing that's come of this is that the politicians are uniting to tackle it, rather than the point scoring in previous years. RTÉ News: Stormont executive to tackle violence
Ahhhh the Uncle Tom bigot returns!!!

British Citizen

Nice attempt at a thread de-rail...

Bismarck

Reading through the list of attacks I have to agree that the extremeists on both sides are as bad as each other and the activities of dissident republicans are completely deplorable but what is more deplorable is that a poster defended them.

eamonn_ie

I like Paula but she's wrong here.

Everyone else at the bonfire who witnessed the attempted murder and other Unionist politicians and community workers have said they are certain it was a sectarian attack.

The car slowed down and then sped up again. It then escaped in the direction of Broadway where Nationalist rioters had been attacking the police and local businesses.

It was a sectarian attack and attempted murder.

No doubt some the culprit will have a mural painted of him in 20 or 40 years time on the Falls Road....
OK, well just show me some report which says it was and I'll gladly condemn.

mutley

So everyone says the car incident was a sectarian attack, have u got a single link from a politician or community worker or representative that says so? so much of your bull has been discredited here that No one can simply take your lying word for it.

Nor can you produce a single link that anyone is sugesting that the attack on the cricket grounds was sectarian

You are a liar

Last edited:

Villain

Lol, of course the Protestants don't start trouble. My friend was just jumped in Lurgan town 4 days ago trying to get money out of a bank machine after a night out, and was asked "What the ******************** are you looking at you Fenian bastard".

But you are right, its all Catholics.

Cael

a la carte choosing of examples doesn't answer the point that both communities are as bad as each other.
There is a very great difference that Im surprised that someone of your obvious intelligence is choosing to ignore, and that is that one side are the current victors of history, and one side history's defeated. For a Nationalist march to pass a Unionist area means very little, since the six counties are still part of the UK, British Crown law is still enforced by British armed forces. The British state, to which the Unionists give their allegiance, is the de facto power. What can a Nationalist march say? That one day, maybe, things might be different?

On the other hand, a Unionist march past a Nationalist area is very very powerful indeed. It says: We are the power. We are the conquerors, and you are the conquered. Maybe, some day in the future, things might be different, but for you, and probably for your children too, reality will be British reality.

Portstewart

This challenging of the specifics of 1 or 2 incidents out of a list of about 30 is pissing into the wind somewhat don't you think?

British Citizen

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies