Nationalist 'Silly Season' hopefully over

Paisley_Buddy

those hoods were drinking in a public road, before and after the car went bump, the cops will thank brit cits for the pictures, there are fines going to orange homes.

Is a wean in a pram a 'hood' ffs?!

Are you some creation of the mind of Stephen King or what.

just4ever

True Republicans aren't bad. They are doing the right thing waging war against the British enemy.

May their attacks continue and their success grow.

Portstewart

There is a very great difference that Im surprised that someone of your obvious intelligence is choosing to ignore, and that is that one side are the current victors of history, and one side history's defeated. For a Nationalist march to pass a Unionist area means very little, since the six counties are still part of the UK, British Crown law is still enforced by British armed forces. The British state, to which the Unionists give their allegiance, is the de facto power. What can a Nationalist march say? That one day, maybe, things might be different?

On the other hand, a Unionist march past a Nationalist area is very very powerful indeed. It says: We are the power. We are the conquerors, and you are the conquered. Maybe, some day in the future, things might be different, but for you, and probably for your children too, reality will be British reality.
The love Ulster marchers weren't the victors down in Dublin they weren't 'the power' or 'the conquerors', look how that went...

British Citizen

So everyone says the car incident was a sectarian attack, have u got a single link from a politician or community worker or representative that says so? so much of your bull has been discredited here that No one can simply take your lying word for it.

Nor can you produce a single link that anyone is sugesting that the attack on the cricket grounds was sectarian

You are a liar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some 'non-sectarian Republican' you are!

The cricket pitch attacks are far too similar to the sectarian campaign waged against the North of Ireland cricket club which used to on the Lower Ormeau Road. Then again, you would probably deny that that was a sectarian campaign either.....

South Belfast DUP MLA Jimmy Spratt says he suspects the attempted murder at the Donegall Road was a sectarian attack.

British Citizen

Lol, of course the Protestants don't start trouble. My friend was just jumped in Lurgan town 4 days ago trying to get money out of a bank machine after a night out, and was asked "What the ******************** are you looking at you Fenian bastard".

But you are right, its all Catholics.
Link?

Proof?

Evidence?

Or lies????

British Citizen

Sorry, where in that title does it say it was a sectarian attack?

:eek:
It's not in the title.

It's in the main body of text.

British Citizen

No sorry, doesn't wash. Trusting Spratt is like trusting you. I could say the Cumbria shootings in England of a month ago were "suspected sectarian attacks", but it doesn't make it accurate.
I think an MLA elected by the people of the area where the attack happened is a reputable source, don't you?

What exactly do you want?

A taped confession from the driver on youtube?? I'm good, but I'm not that good! :D :p ;)

eoghanacht

After 5 pages i doubt anybody will heed this advice, but, don't feed the troll.

Miriam Daly

There's a little myth that does the rounds in Nationalist communities in Northern Ireland (another one, I know!) that normal, decent law-abiding Unionists go a bit doolally over The Twelfth and randomly attack, beat and murder catholics without provocation before returning to their usual mindset around July 13th/14th.

A few Nationalists I know like to refer to it as 'silly season'.

Let's have a look at this year's 'silly season' and see who really involves themselves in sectarian attacks in Northern Ireland:

29th June - Sectarian attack on protestant resident in Nationalist Dunclug estate.
BBC News - Sectarian motive in house attack

1st July - Three cricket facilities attacked in two week period in the North-West with similarities to the sectarian campaign which forced North of Ireland cricket club out of the Lower Ormeau area a few years ago.
BBC News - Vandals destroy two cricket pitches
UTV News - Vandals destroy cricket pitch

3rd July - Police attacked during west Belfast riot.
BBC News - Police attacked during west Belfast riot

5th July - Third night of rioting in Nationalist Donegall Road. KFC broken into and tills stolen.
UTV News - Third night of trouble in west Belfast

5th July - Fountain resident badly beaten by six men in sectarian attack in Derry.
Man, 40, was injured in serious sectarian attack - Londonderry Today

6th July - Petrol bomb attacks on Orange Halls in Rasharkin and Glarryford in County Antrim.
UTV News - Teen arrested over Orange Hall attacks

Here's how other attacks on Rasharkin Orange Hall have left the building. There have been ten attacks on the building in the last twelve months.

6th July - Paint bomb attack on Portglenone Orange Hall.
Orange Hall damaged in paint attack at Portglenone - Ballymena Today

6th July - Sectarian graffiti daubed on two separate Orange Halls in Portstewart.
Graffiti attack on Portstewart Orange halls - Coleraine Today

8th July - Sectarian attack on Glengormley community hall. The building was completely destroyed.
Community centre hit by arson ‘may have been mistaken for Orange hall’ - Local & National, News - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

8th July - Sectarian attack on Limavady Orange Hall.
UTV News - Limavady Orange Hall attack 'sectarian'

10th July - Bomb targeting PSNI officers explodes in south Armagh.
UTV News - 'No warning' in south Armagh bomb attack

11th July - Paint bomb attack on Rasharkin Orange Hall followed by burglary hours later. Orange bannerette stolen during robbery.
Twelfth attacks on Rasharkin Orange Hall condemned - Ballymena Today

11th July - Bomb left in Rosslea in Fermanagh.
UTV News - Police investigate Fermanagh alert

11th July - PSNI car attacked with axe in Nationalist Dunclug estate in Ballymena.
UTV News - Police car attacked with axe

11th July - Widespread rioting in Nationalist areas. Shots fired at police in New Lodge, cars hijacked and petrol bombs thrown at Broadway and violence in Short Strand.
BBC News - Three officers shot during riots in Belfast

YouTube - Riot on Broadway, Belfast 12 July 2010.flv

11th July - Children at an 11th night street party in Twaddell Avenue (across from Ardoyne) threatened by armed man.
UTV News - Man 'pointed gun at children'

11th July - Car ploughs into crowd watching 11th July bonfire on Donegall Road before speeding off in direction of west Belfast.
Horror of bonfire hit-and-run - Belfast Today
UTV News - Seven injured after bonfire crash

12th July - Blast bomb intended for police found in Armagh.
UTV News - Armagh blast bomb 'meant for police'

12th July - Bus hijacked and left at Woodbourne PSNI station in west Belfast.
UTV News - Vehicles hijacked during security alert

12th July - Attempt to hijack and burn a train on the main Belfast-Dublin line at Lurgan. Also petrol bombs thrown at police.
UTV News - Trouble flares in Lurgan

12th July - Heavy rioting in Ardoyne area. Attempts made to attack protestant homes in upper Ardoyne.
Anger and frustration after a spate of thuggery in Ardoyne - Local & National, News - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

YouTube - Ardoyne Riots July 12th Belfast 2010

12th July - Concrete slab dropped on female police officer from roof of shop in Ardoyne.
BBC News - Father of injured policewoman says she could have died

12th July - Car hijacked and burnt on Killyleagh Road in Armagh.
UTV News - Trouble flares in Lurgan

12th July - Nationalists paintbomb an Orange Hall in the village of Crumlin.
Vandals target Orange hall - Belfast Today
BBC News - Paint bomb attack on Orange hall

13th July - Further rioting and shots fired in Ardoyne.
In Pictures: Shots fired at police in third night of violence in Belfast - Local & National, News - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

13th July - Bomb hoax at west Belfast shopping centre.
UTV News - West Belfast alert declared a hoax

13th July - Five shots fired at police car in Derry.
BBC News - Derry rioting 'among worst in decade'

13th July - Petrol bomb thrown from Short Strand at passing car on Albertbridge Road.
BBC News - Teen held after trouble in east Belfast released

14th July - Petrol bombs thrown at passing police car in the Bogside in Derry.
BBC News - Petrol bomb attack in Londonderry

14th July - Coffee jar bomb found in Highbury Gardens in Ardoyne.
BBC News - Coffee jar bomb found in Belfast

Hopefully things will die down over the next few days and protestants in Northern Ireland can get on with their lives without worrying about getting attacked.

Silly season indeed.
Maybe some people are learning that when you riot and wreak you get your own way you people set the standard.
If the OO do not engage with the Parades Commission body currently working to resolves these disputes (I hope they dont) the the OO and the rest of the bigots will be left out in the cold and hopefully next year KKK/Orange Order marches wont be welcome in Nationalist areas BY LAW!

eamonn_ie

I think an MLA elected by the people of the area where the attack happened is a reputable source, don't you?

What exactly do you want?

A taped confession from the driver on youtube?? I'm good, but I'm not that good! :D :p ;)
I'd like a PSNI statement, newspaper report or TV article.

Same with the cricket grounds please.

And no, I'd rather believe Bradshaw who was actually there.

Cael

The love Ulster marchers weren't the victors down in Dublin they weren't 'the power' or 'the conquerors', look how that went...
There are OO marches in the south every year with no problems.

JoseyWhales

For republicans, the 'silly season' is a daily thing, the 'silly season' as put by BC is our efforts to oppose British occupation of the North East of this island, and our struggle to do whatever it takes to show the Unionists, Brits, freestaters and Provo reformists that we will NEVER EVER surrender nor compromise in pursuit of our objectives.

We want the British connection broken, for the British government and all its tentacles to be removed from this country and for their to be a republic established based on the one proclaimed in Easter 1916.

Never will we water down our pursuits by recognising any of the illegal institutions of the illegal Northern puppet state, so get used to it, we havent gone away ya know and never will.

Miriam Daly

There are OO marches in the south every year with no problems.
Rossnowlagh, every year not a peep yet the OO still want to March through Republican Ardoyne a place that has felt the brunt of loyalist killings and attacks during the war.
Why?

Portstewart

For republicans, the 'silly season' is a daily thing, the 'silly season' as put by BC is our efforts to oppose British occupation of the North East of this island, and our struggle to do whatever it takes to show the Unionists, Brits, freestaters and Provo reformists that we will NEVER EVER surrender nor compromise in pursuit of our objectives.

We want the British connection broken, for the British government and all its tentacles to be removed from this country and for their to be a republic established based on the one proclaimed in Easter 1916.

Never will we water down our pursuits by recognising any of the illegal institutions of the illegal Northern puppet state, so get used to it, we havent gone away ya know and never will.

Is there that much you can do from the States though apart from all this big talk on the internet?

Is NORAID still going or have they wound that up?

Estragon

There's a little myth that does the rounds in Nationalist communities in Northern Ireland (another one, I know!) that normal, decent law-abiding Unionists go a bit doolally over The Twelfth and randomly attack, beat and murder catholics without provocation before returning to their usual mindset around July 13th/14th.
As far as I know normal, decent law-abiding Unionists get the fúck out of the country come July, leaving their neaderthal comrades to coat trail, spew bile and generally cause as much chaos as possible for the rest of us poor bástards as they can to their hearts contentment.

I suppose we got off lightly this year. They didn't kill any children. That's always a plus.

British Citizen

Rossnowlagh, every year not a peep yet the OO still want to March through Republican Ardoyne a place that has felt the brunt of loyalist killings and attacks during the war.
Why?
Can you find me a route from Ballysillan to Belfast city centre which doesn't pass a Nationalist area?

Simple question.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies