• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Nationalists Block Fight Agianist Organised Crime

between the bridges

Efforts by Sinn Fein and the SDLP to block plans for a UK-wide FBI-style body to fight organised crime in Northern Ireland will harm the fight against child exploitation and the drugs trade, it was claimed.

Time is rapidly running out to resolve the problem before legislation is passed at Westminster.
Read more: Reject Britain's FBI plan and you’ll turn Northern Ireland into a crime capital, nationalists warned - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

No surprise to see SF/IRA coming down on the side of organised crime but what are the SDLP playing at? given the international scale of drugs, child exploitation, sex slave trade etc surely being part of this body would be a priority to any decent person, let alone a Public representative? Perhaps some of the SF/IRA or SDLP supporters on here can explain this one...

Last edited:

Glaucon

Given the history of British security services in Ireland, a sense of prudence in regard to this is only right. Policing in Northern Ireland must be totally accountable to the community given the disaster that was the RUC and the B-Specials. As I understand it, this organization would only be accountable to London, which is totally unacceptable for obvious reasons.

Ó Ghabhainn

I think you could understand it yourself. Handing policing powers back to Westminster isn't likely to be an attractive proposition, is it?

InsideImDancing

Read more: Reject Britain's FBI plan and you’ll turn Northern Ireland into a crime capital, nationalists warned - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

No surprise to see SF/IRA coming down on the side of organised crime but what are the SDLP playing at? given the international scale of drugs, child exploitation, sex slave trade etc surely been part of this body would be a priority to any decent person, let alone a Public representative? Perhaps some of the SF/IRA or SDLP supporters on here can explain this one...
We don't trust British security. We have enough of the sneaky fek'rs as it is!

vivabrigada

No surprise to see SF/IRA coming down on the side of organised crime but what are the SDLP playing at? given the international scale of drugs, child exploitation, sex slave trade etc surely been part of this body would be a priority to any decent person, let alone a Public representative? Perhaps some of the SF/IRA or SDLP supporters on here can explain this one...
No need to, it's in the article you posted.
Nationalist parties see the new body as having the potential to compromise accountability mechanisms such as the Policing Board.
Try reading first before going on a witch hunt.

Global Justice

No surprise to see sycophantic subjugated unionist mugs wanting to play to the tune of Westminster and not to the north :roll:

The past and historical fact is as good as an explanation as any to oppose these dodgy and shadowy and unaccountable groups and individuals who where up to their necks on collusion, state terrorism and their own agenda. This group is only accountable to Westminster, and not to the PSNI. New future my arse.

between the bridges

Ah i see, so nationalists (well the unrepresentative crew we have on here at least) believe international child abusers and drug dealers should have a free hand in NI because 'we' don't trust the Brits... pathetic and shameful...

Glaucon

Ah i see, so nationalists (well the unrepresentative crew we have on here at least) believe international child abusers and drug dealers should have a free hand in NI because 'we' don't trust the Brits... pathetic and shameful...
That's completely inaccurate, as you well know. The PSNI are, and should be, equipped to deal with child abusers and drug dealers, and can liaise where necessary with this "FBI-style" group. Unaccountable policing by shadowy forces based in Britain is in the past, and there it must stay.

Ó Ghabhainn

Would you rather republicans or Catholics be the focus and deflect attention away from child abusers and drug dealers?

between the bridges

That's completely inaccurate, as you well know. The PSNI are, and should be, equipped to deal with child abusers and drug dealers, and can liaise where necessary with this "FBI-style" group. Unaccountable policing by shadowy forces based in Britain is in the past, and there it must stay.
The National Crime Agency (NCA) will take on most of the functions of the Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca) and some from the UK Borders Agency.

Soca already has an office here but that will close later in the year unless issues are resolved.

shameful and pathetic...

Global Justice

It's quite clear unionists and Westminster want to undermine and disrupt the progress in policing and justice in the north because it is now accountable to nationalists and republicans, unlike in your corrupt and unaccountable past of unionist misrule and British security force brutality which you still fetish over.

You unionists are deliberately gullible and manipulated when it comes to your abusive daddy Westminster and any attempt for it to implement direct rule.

Unionist faux outrage on these matters are easily exposed as a more democratic and accountbale alternative would be to have closer and better cooperation with the Gardai and the Irish state given the non-existent border in terms of entering and leaving.

between the bridges

It's quite clear unionists and Westminster want to undermine and disrupt the progress in policing and justice in the north because it is now accountable to nationalists and republicans, unlike in your corrupt and unaccountable past of unionist misrule and British security force brutality which you still fetish over.

You unionists are deliberately gullible and manipulated when it comes to your abusive daddy Westminster and any attempt for it to implement direct rule.

Unionist faux outrage on these matters are easily exposed as a more democratic and accountbale alternative would be to have closer and better cooperation with the Gardai and the Irish state given the non-existent border in terms of entering and leaving.
translation it's ok for 'nationalists' to doubt London but if unionists doubt Dublin they are bigoted imperialists...

Global Justice

translation it's ok for 'nationalists' to doubt London but if unionists doubt Dublin they are bigoted imperialists...
You translated one paragraph, the last one. I wonder why you ignored and couldn't translate the rest? Uncomfortable truths perhaps?

Glaucon

As I said, the PSNI can liaise with "SOCA" when necessary (phones, email, and video conferencing are great things).
The ruling guide is that those who police must be accountable to the representatives of the people, SOCA are not, therefore they will not gain the agreement of the Nationalist people.

between the bridges

You translated one paragraph, the last one. I wonder why you ignored and couldn't translate the rest? Uncomfortable truths perhaps?
nope i translated the whole thing i just dropped the padding waffle...

between the bridges

As I said, the PSNI can liaise with "SOCA" when necessary (phones, email, and video conferencing are great things).
The ruling guide is that those who police must be accountable to the representatives of the people, SOCA are not, therefore they will not gain the agreement of the Nationalist people.
ah i see now! it's ok to liaise with but not to work with...glad you cleared that up!!

Ó Ghabhainn

a more democratic and accountbale alternative would be to have closer and better cooperation with the Gardai and the Irish state given the non-existent border in terms of entering and leaving.
David Ford said as much. He said the land border is a less efficient border with regards to crime than the natural border between GB and NI.

between the bridges

BTB's defensive and sycophantic faux outrage is transparent. His facade of concern of child exploitation and drugs is exposed as he wants no cooperation with a borderless neighbour...

Unionism personified.
care to point out where (apart from your imagination) i said this...